Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck Smith
groundattack Wrote:While I agree chuck is very happy at Btown he will be a HC next year.

HC?
^
"Head Coach"
Its 12/31 and it seems that the Chuck Smith rumors have died down. Is he still in the discussion for the Madison Central job? And if not, who are the top candidates?
What's the story with Bill Letton? Some were saying he was looking to get back into public school. Any chance he's in play?
He will be HC and not at Btown. This should all be finalized in 2 or 3 weeks.
groundattack Wrote:He will be HC and not at Btown. This should all be finalized in 2 or 3 weeks.

So will he be head coach at Madison Central or somewhere else?
It's not somewhere else! Lol
I expected an announcement by the end of Christmas break. If this was a done deal, what's the hold up?
BandWagon Wrote:What's the story with Bill Letton? Some were saying he was looking to get back into public school. Any chance he's in play?

Don't be surprise BandWagon, Bill Letton might be the in mix for Madison Central opening. Why not right? He wants to get back in the public school retirement system and he resides in nearby Bourbon County. Just a thought...
I thought that was the case. It seems they are all in on Smith, but I have also heard that he has turned them down. I can't imagine anybody with a better resume than Letton coming around. Would be a good hire.
Chuck Smith probably will not be the coach at Central. He is asking for to be the AD, he is asking for 6 teaching positions, and asking for no teaching responsibilities. That is a little much to ask for especially when you would have to get rid current teachers to get coaches in there. I will say Madison Southern basically got rid of 4 teachers so Coach Clark could get his staff in a Madison Southern. Looks like Madison Central is ready to do what it takes to bring in a winner.
Pretty hefty demands. The school wouldn't look very good getting rid of that many teachers to bring in coaches, and removing the newly hired AD. Wonder who they would move to next?
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Chuck Smith probably will not be the coach at Central. He is asking for to be the AD, he is asking for 6 teaching positions, and asking for no teaching responsibilities. That is a little much to ask for especially when you would have to get rid current teachers to get coaches in there. I will say Madison Southern basically got rid of 4 teachers so Coach Clark could get his staff in a Madison Southern. Looks like Madison Central is ready to do what it takes to bring in a winner.

Missed on that one. :Thumbs:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:Chuck Smith probably will NOT be the coach at Central. He is asking for to be the AD, he is asking for 6 teaching positions, and asking for no teaching responsibilities. That is a little much to ask for especially when you would have to get rid current teachers to get coaches in there. I will say Madison Southern basically got rid of 4 teachers so Coach Clark could get his staff in a Madison Southern. Looks like Madison Central is ready to do what it takes to bring in a winner.

You sure about that?
Well Coach Smith conceded on a few things from what I was told. He will not be the AD, but is getting some teaching spots to get a few of his assistants in there.
I had heard through someone I consider close enough to the situation that the current AD wasn't really ever directly involved in the hiring of Smith. I'm not sure of the truth about that. I initially thought it was kind of weird, but it may explain the negotiation situation with the AD position and his initial "demands" if there was some truth to that. Was there a hiring committee for this opening?
Wildcat18 Wrote:I had heard through someone I consider close enough to the situation that the current AD wasn't really ever directly involved in the hiring of Smith. I'm not sure of the truth about that. I initially thought it was kind of weird, but it may explain the negotiation situation with the AD position and his initial "demands" if there was some truth to that. Was there a hiring committee for this opening?

That's 100% true. I talked to A.D. Brandon Fritz, and he told me that this hire came directly from Elmer Thomas would is the superintendent of Madison Co schools and was the principal at Boyle Co. when Chuck was there.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:That's 100% true. I talked to A.D. Brandon Fritz, and he told me that this hire came directly from Elmer Thomas would is the superintendent of Madison Co schools and was the principal at Boyle Co. when Chuck was there.

That makes sense now. I'd like to know the specifics of the deal to bring Smith in. They had to have thrown in the kitchen sink.
Madison Co. actually pays really well to begin with.
So we have Central KY schools filling in their vacancy for head coaches, with Madison Central- C. Smith and L.C.A.- Athley. Any word or rumors for Lexington Catholic next head coach?
FBfan4life Wrote:So we have Central KY schools filling in their vacancy for head coaches, with Madison Central- C. Smith and L.C.A.- Athley. Any word or rumors for Lexington Catholic next head coach?

Where did LCA's Coach Athley come from? Was he already on staff or did they bring him in?
Wildcat18 Wrote:Where did LCA's Coach Athley come from? Was he already on staff or did they bring him in?

I beleive Athley was on staff prior to last season. Not sure where he was. I beleive he was either a DC or OC maybe even just a position coach before for LCA. Again not sure where he was last season.
William Muney Wrote:Madison Co. actually pays really well to begin with.

Actually Madison County pays their coaches better than almost anywhere in the state. The stipends are great plus head coaches in basketball and football get 52 extended day. That averages out to around 15,000 to 20,000 dollars depending on you daily rate. Pretty good to coach high school ball, when you also add you teachers salary to that as well.