•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2014
DALE Wrote:I honestly think Ryan would've finished at James Madison had the coaches not moved him several times from DL to OL. As a true freshman Ryan started on the DL for the Dukes and then in the spring they wanted to put him on the OL and the flip flopping of what side of the ball he would play on continued until he left. Ryan was a very special player; his initial burst off the ball was incredible, making numerous tackles in the backfield before the QB had a chance to turn around and hand it off, he was freakishly strong and could run like a deer. Had Guy Morris not jetted for Baylor prior to his senior year, it was about a lock for him to have wore the Blue and White of UK. He did finish up at JMU as a member of their National Championship team. Not sure if anyone else from Paintsville can claim that they accomplished something similar at the D1 level. Other than Jason Kinner, who won two NAIA's at Georgetown during his Freshman and Sophomore year, I am unaware of any other players at PHS to go on and win a National Championship after the conclusion of their HS career.
And something I'm not sure he liked....They made him balloon up to 300lbs, but he would do anything for the team.......I still remember the Apple Bowl were he stripped the ball out of a JC runner's hands in the backfield and took it almost the entire length of the field for a TD.

As far as the National Championship thing, you should see his ring...About the size of a silver dollar.
TigerBlues Wrote:Correct Dale, I forgot about Ryan. He went on to sign at James Madison had a very good two years there before transferring to then Pikeville College. Heck of a player.

And more importantly, a heck of a person as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:And more importantly, a heck of a person as well.

I agree. He was the type of guy that would give the shirt off his back for anyone and would lend a hand to those in need. Heck all the Brown boys would. It was a pleasure growing up with them and am thankful that we all have stayed in touch over the years.
TigerBlues Wrote:Big congrats to Lane Daniels on being named to the Border Bowl team! Can't remember the last time we have had a player on this team. Joey Couch is my last memory I think. Show out Lane and great job !

DALE Wrote:Congratulations to Lane. The last player would be Ryan Brown, DT, Class of 2003. Ryan ended up winning KY's Defensive player of the game while going against Auburn signee King Dunlap. Quite the feat considering he was on a team that included Jacob Tamme, Michael Bush, Keenan Burton and an absolute stud from Mayfield, Jay Burgett.

The Border Bowl has only been around for about 6 years. Joey and Ryan both played in the KY/TN All-Star game. Regardless, big congrats to Lane for making the team, it's a huge honor to make any kind of All-Star team.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
After watching the wildcard weekend, I was thinking how big of a weapon Matt Miller could be. 6'5" wideout vs the matchup of opposing teams. If the Tigers go down field and stretch the defense this could be a heck of problem for them. Just a thought.
I cannot confirm this yet but was told today Paintsville picked up a huge transfer. If anyone has info a PM would be appreciated.
Prediction: This thread will be very busy this time tomorrow.
2000PHS Wrote:Prediction: This thread will be very busy this time tomorrow.

You're right. Was told Daymion Belcher transferred from Johnson Central to Paintsville.
Happy that he is back. What a difference maker he will be and squarely puts the Tigers in the thick of it district wise.
Wow. Thats HUGE. Puts him as the number 1 and Phelps at number 2 or in the slot. Paintsville may be my new way to early favorite to win the district. I think things are being set in motion both in Raceland and Paintsville, to restore the fu that used to be among that rivalry.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Wow. Thats HUGE. Puts him as the number 1 and Phelps at number 2 or in the slot. Paintsville may be my new way to early favorite to win the district. I think things are being set in motion both in Raceland and Paintsville, to restore the fu that used to be among that rivalry.

Scotty Bronson I think that will give the Tigers the long awaited play action for sure with Phelps,Belcher back there.
It will be interested to see if he can get eligible.Getting his dad residence bail down to try to get him in the city.instead of his house on Apple Jack branch.Who knows where he lives.His daughter still playing ball at JC middle school and he don't want to move her because he doesn't like Baldwin as a couch.its going to be fun to watch this playpit.
RIPKIN Wrote:It will be interested to see if he can get eligible.Getting his dad residence bail down to try to get him in the city.instead of his house on Apple Jack branch.Who knows where he lives.His daughter still playing ball at JC middle school and he don't want to move her because he doesn't like Baldwin as a couch.its going to be fun to watch this playpit.

Hopefully we will be watching him on Friday nights.
RIPKIN Wrote:It will be interested to see if he can get eligible.Getting his dad residence bail down to try to get him in the city.instead of his house on Apple Jack branch.Who knows where he lives.His daughter still playing ball at JC middle school and he don't want to move her because he doesn't like Baldwin as a couch.its going to be fun to watch this playpit.

His dad lives in paintsville not in apple jack branch or road.
It will be fun to watch this playout.After a kid being the leading rusher on his team for two years in a row.And his dad still complains his son isnt getting enough carries.To try to transfer his Senior year.It doesnt make much sense to me.If his sister is still going to JC middle school and he is transfering schools i dont understand how that can work.Am i mistaken didn't a kid from Paintsville try to transfer to Pikeville last year and his sister stay at Paintsville and he couldnt get eligible.It would suck to lose your senior year simply because of the dad forcing his kid to transfer.
Wow!!! Huge addition for the Tigers. This could really shake up the district. Chirico gets the best out of all his players.
Lynch47 Wrote:You're right. Was told Daymion Belcher transferred from Johnson Central to Paintsville.

I don't recall which thread I posted in but I told you kids from JC would start transfering to Paintsville. JC has to contend with Highlands year in and year out and may never make it to the state finals, however with those same kids at Paintsville they could be the Mayfield of the East. This is just one of many that will eventually end up a Tiger. Chirico Rules :Thumbs:
^I can't believe I hit the like button on one of your post Cooter. Smile
Ike Cooter Wrote:I don't recall which thread I posted in but I told you kids from JC would start transfering to Paintsville. JC has to contend with Highlands year in and year out and may never make it to the state finals, however with those same kids at Paintsville they could be the Mayfield of the East. This is just one of many that will eventually end up a Tiger. Chirico Rules :Thumbs:

I remember reading the content in the post Ike. Maybe some of those kids saw the production and impact that Alex Spencer had as a freshman, I loved

watching him play last year with the drive and determination he displayed. Although Daymion already displays those traits I think with him in the locker room will bring an added confidence factor among the current players and like you said maybe bring some more kids to the program.
TigerBlues Wrote:I remember reading the content in the post Ike. Maybe some of those kids saw the production and impact that Alex Spencer had as a freshman, I loved

watching him play last year with the drive and determination he displayed. Although Daymion already displays those traits I think with him in the locker room will bring an added confidence factor among the current players and like you said maybe bring some more kids to the program.
Spencer gave Paintsville 19 yards rushing per game.And most of the time he spent as the smallest nose tackle in the state.Is he going to be happy this year with zero carries and only getting hit by big offensive lineman and only playing defense.Have to admit though he got up after every play.If you are looking for Daymion to help on defense that isnt going to happen.He just wants to be the offensive superstar.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:^I can't believe I hit the like button on one of your post Cooter. Smile

Just takes some longer than others. I'm a very likeable person. Confusednicker:
RIPKIN Wrote:Spencer gave Paintsville 19 yards rushing per game.And most of the time he spent as the smallest nose tackle in the state.Is he going to be happy this year with zero carries and only getting hit by big offensive lineman and only playing defense.Have to admit though he got up after every play.If you are looking for Daymion to help on defense that isnt going to happen.He just wants to be the offensive superstar.

Great coaches gets kids to buy into his program and his goals. Chirico can convience any kid to play any posistion and they will give him 100% and love every minute of it. That's why Paintsville is on the rise.

For the record, I'm not saying a ton of the current JC players will come here, I'm saying the kids who planned on JC in the future will bypass the county and make a stop in the city. GO TIGERS:redboxer:
RIPKIN Wrote:Spencer gave Paintsville 19 yards rushing per game.And most of the time he spent as the smallest nose tackle in the state.Is he going to be happy this year with zero carries and only getting hit by big offensive lineman and only playing defense.Have to admit though he got up after every play.If you are looking for Daymion to help on defense that isnt going to happen.He just wants to be the offensive superstar.

Ask those other freshmen from Johnson Central how many yards they averaged per game or whether they would have liked to start at nose guard. The answer may surprise you. As for the rest of your post, I guess we will wait and see but I would bet a new avatar he plays defense.
TigerBlues Wrote:Ask those other freshmen from Johnson Central how many yards they averaged per game or whether they would have liked to start at nose guard. The answer may surprise you. As for the rest of your post, I guess we will wait and see but I would bet a new avatar he plays defense.
I will guarantee you that the 18 or so Freshman and JV games that JC played will benefit all those freshman when it comes to Varsity time next year.And you may be right about him playing defense at Paintsville.You can get away with playing offense and defense in 1A.But you have to be an exceptional athlete to play offense and defense in 4A.
Ike Cooter Wrote:Great coaches gets kids to buy into his program and his goals. Chirico can convience any kid to play any posistion and they will give him 100% and love every minute of it. That's why Paintsville is on the rise.

For the record, I'm not saying a ton of the current JC players will come here, I'm saying the kids who planned on JC in the future will bypass the county and make a stop in the city. GO TIGERS:redboxer:

Your on a roll. You made me do it again. Confusednicker:
2014-15 Is TIGER SEASON!
GrindinSport Wrote:2014-15 Is TIGER SEASON!

I'm with ya on that grindinsport! :champ::letsparty
The way Paintsville admin. acted last year when K. Daniel tried to transfer to Pikeville I thought they were opposed to this type of thing.:biggrin:
^^^^its all in the direction of the transfer lol
Ike Cooter Wrote:I don't recall which thread I posted in but I told you kids from JC would start transfering to Paintsville. JC has to contend with Highlands year in and year out and may never make it to the state finals, however with those same kids at Paintsville they could be the Mayfield of the East. This is just one of many that will eventually end up a Tiger. Chirico Rules :Thumbs:

Great players want to play against the best! They only players that JC is going to lose to Paintsville are the players who already have Paintsville ties or the players that can't crack the starting lineup at JC. When a kid gets to play against Highlands he is getting to play in front of Football people that MATTER! When JC plays Highlands the stands are loaded with College scouts! Before JC's last game VS CCHS I talked to a D-1 Scout that had been to the JC VS Belfry game too. Paintsville had its first decent year in a coon's age, good for them! Beat the crap out of Jenkins next year Tigers show the state who great you are!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next