Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 2014
What are the thoughts for 2014?
About the same as this past season.
Who are the Panthers returning? Other than the Diamond kid?
Granny Bear Wrote:Who are the Panthers returning? Other than the Diamond kid?

I thought that I heard he wasn't playing anymore due to concussions. But could be wrong. Any truth panther fans?
knox central should be loaded next seasons,I think they only loss 6 senior :Cheerlead 2014 should be a big year :rockon:
Diamond is at barborville he will no longer be playing football.
Well, his dad made the comment that he didn't care if he ever played football again. I reckon that child got a really hard hit.

Where's panther nation??? He should be wading in here at some point!!
Wink
Hate to see him driven out of football. He had a lot of promise. Seemed to be a great kid.
William Muney Wrote:Diamond is at barborville he will no longer be playing football.

Hate to hear that about the Diamond kid.I think he could have been a good qb at Knox central :Thumbs:
Hate to hear that. Bright future I thought. Health most important. Does he play Basketball?
Granny Bear Wrote:Who are the Panthers returning? Other than the Diamond kid?

They will return all but 3 starters next year! 1 o-lineman, 1 d-lineman, 1rb. The biggest question will be at RB, they a whole stable of backs, but who will be the front runner to take over for Gist. Only time will tell on that.
The panthers has the potential to be a lot better than they where last year. If the injuries don't get them again. But as with anything only time will tell.
Diamond will be missed. Hate to see someone not able to play because of injuries, but the panthers go on without him. They still have Barger who is a very good Qb running the offense.

The defense has to get better though. This was the weak spot on the team this past season.
Granny Bear Wrote:Where's panther nation??? He should be wading in here at some point!!
Wink

I finally got some time to get on here Granny!!!
panther nation Wrote:Diamond will be missed. Hate to see someone not able to play because of injuries, but the panthers go on without him. They still have Barger who is a very good Qb running the offense.

The defense has to get better though. This was the weak spot on the team this past season.

I don't think Barger will play next year. JMO
We will be ready for the kitty cats this year!
:hilarious:

Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I don't think Barger will play next year. JMO

He will be there you don't see very many if any that play 3 years and not their sr year. Unless they are hurt.
He will be there!! Wishful thinking by the Bobcats!
I hope that he is. He didn't hurt us. I sure hope that you are better prepared than you were this past season. I was thinking that if things work out for him with basketball this season he won't play. No worries here.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I hope that he is. He didn't hurt us. I sure hope that you are better prepared than you were this past season. I was thinking that if things work out for him with basketball this season he won't play. No worries here.

I would suggest instead of worry about who's playing for the panthers. That you worry about your own team first. I've heard of several key plays for bell who have already said they are not going to play next year.
PRIDE101 Wrote:We will be ready for the kitty cats this year!

2014 same results, we will continue to beat you. On Log Mountain you don't stand a chance.
E's Army Wrote:Hate to see him driven out of football. He had a lot of promise. Seemed to be a great kid.

I agree. That child was huge, and had an arm that was remarkable especially for a Freshman!

panther nation Wrote:Diamond will be missed. Hate to see someone not able to play because of injuries, but the panthers go on without him. They still have Barger who is a very good Qb running the offense.

You STILL have Barger??? Good Lord, panther nation, WHEN are you all gonna let that child graduate??!!
Confusednicker:

I agree with the defense assessment.

panther nation Wrote:I would suggest instead of worry about who's playing for the panthers. That you worry about your own team first. I've heard of several key plays for bell who have already said they are not going to play next year.

I've heard the same thing, and wonder WHY these kids are choosing not to play.

WhyLie Wrote:2014 same results, we will continue to beat you. On Log Mountain you don't stand a chance.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I've just been vindicated!!!!
panther nation Wrote:I would suggest instead of worry about who's playing for the panthers. That you worry about your own team first. I've heard of several key plays for bell who have already said they are not going to play next year.

If they don't play that will be fine we didn't have them this past season and beat you guys so what is the difference. A couple of them had season ending injuries if they choose not to play they were replaced during the season anyway.
if the current staff doesnt light a fire under these kids and step it up on defense then it will be another mediocre season.losing to bell ,harlan co and corbin was a hard pill to swallow.but the worst was not even being competitive in the games.this team in my opinion packed it up at half time of the bell game.with the feeder systems and the middle school,talent should not be an issue,these kids compete with the best.its on the coaches.turn it up 2014 or find something your good at and pursue that,but these kids deserve better and so do the fans.
big blu 2 u Wrote:if the current staff doesnt light a fire under these kids and step it up on defense then it will be another mediocre season.losing to bell ,harlan co and corbin was a hard pill to swallow.but the worst was not even being competitive in the games.this team in my opinion packed it up at half time of the bell game.with the feeder systems and the middle school,talent should not be an issue,these kids compete with the best.its on the coaches.turn it up 2014 or find something your good at and pursue that,but these kids deserve better and so do the fans.

I like you fire!!! Well said my friend... Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this same way. They only have one coach who has the passion that you speak of. If all the coaches had the passion of Chaz Martin this team would be something else. I just hope that Chaz will rub off on them some.
I appreciate your kind words about Casey. It was not a hard decision for our family. He has had a couple of bad concussions that really scared us. When your son is looking up at you asking you if his feet are moving - the game gets real small.

Football is at a crossroads. If steps are not made to increase the safety of the game the lawyers will own it. Just one man's opinion.

I hope they get discipline in their locker and on the field so players treat one another better and inspire each other to perform. Great teams have leaders who are hard on fellow players by pushing them to be better not attacking them personally. The culture issue is a key that hurts that teams ability to cohesively perform under pressure. Which is why teams with less talent - like Bell this year - can still come into KC home field and win big. Not easy to fix but must be if KC will ever be able to win the big games.

I will always be a fan of KC and will support Coach Russell and that staff as they work to use the game of football to impact young men in a positive way. When they do that - the wins will come.
panther nation Wrote:I like you fire!!! Well said my friend... Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking this same way. They only have one coach who has the passion that you speak of. If all the coaches had the passion of Chaz Martin this team would be something else. I just hope that Chaz will rub off on them some.
i will take chaz and go to war any day.kids respond to passion.
big blu 2 u Wrote:i will take chaz and go to war any day.kids respond to passion.

One thing about Chaz, watch how he reacts to what's going on in a game. If a kid makes a mistake he is the first to chew their butt. And if they make a great play he's also the first to tell them good job. All the boys like Chaz and his passion. Now if the rest of the coaches could do what Chaz does would be great.
I love how all these bell fans come on here and try to put down KC every year!! Seems to me that they should worry about there own house first. But that's just show how bell fans are.

But that's ok. At least KC doesn't have to worry about trouble happening during our football banquet like bell does. That goes to show the class they have!
Bell loves to deflect attention away from all the things that went wrong for them. What about the new assistant that was put on the sideline......why did she add someone?? They will not talk about those things. Or the camp thing , all that stuff doesn't happen at Bell. As you mentioned the fights at Banquet, better have police at this one coming up.

Stay off our thread and take care of your house.