Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reclassifications for 2014
Can anyone elaborate? Who may go up? Who may go down? I know in 1A/2A Mayfield, Beechwood, NCC, Desales, Somerset are all traditionally bubble teams. I know the Warren Co schools had one or two moving or considering. What about any 4-5a moves. If highlands moves up, where would the land in regards to alignment ala Bowling Green? Or does BG have the numbers to move up? With so many of the 1-3a schools playig with primarily jr/soph squads, it could make for some interesting matchups come playoff time.
I dont think the relignment is until 2015, and to be honest, I think you will see very little change.

A couple of things on your post, I dont see anymore than 8-10 teams moving around, and nobody will be allowed to play up. Highlands would still be in 5A if they had there choice I would imagine. Since we have 6 classes, and barely enough teams to do that, schools will have to play where there suppose to.
Heard there was gonna be some moves in the spring. Especially in eky. keep your ears open
You always hear things about this but, we won't know anything until the numbers are tallied.
The last time I checked, Crittenden Co had went below Mayfield in enrollment and Bishop Brossart had gone under Beechwood enrollment. If that were the case, it'd be a convenient transition to swap those teams and wouldn't affect any other district alignments in 1a. I believe there were a couple of other current 2a teams that would now fall in the lower 32 enrollments. I believe Ft Knox was one of those, can't remember who the other was, but, I think it was an eastern team, Betsy Layne, maybe.
Realignment is 2015. Numbers will stay the same in classes. Faces will change some. Some Schools at the top end of a class will surpass some of the bottom schools in the next class. Checking the KHSSA site it looks like Mayfield may bump up to 2A. But this is subject to change. A difference in just a few kids will determine some schools classes. Highlands looks like they are in 4A to stay.
Need to go back to a 4 class and get rid of this watered down 6 class system that's allowing teams into the playoffs that have no business being there.

Going to the playoffs should mean something, nowadays, it doesn't.
Wayne co will be moving up. They consolidated with the city school this past year.

Also Corbin is above or near 4a numbers.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Need to go back to a 4 class and get rid of this watered down 6 class system that's allowing teams into the playoffs that have no business being there.

Going to the playoffs should mean something, nowadays, it doesn't.

Wasnt that the argument before the championship games? This watered down 6 class system was going to cause lopsided games in 5 out of the 6 championships... I tend to agree that 6 is too many, maybe drop down to 5. But this year it showed it could work.
Imo, I think 5 classes would allow both sides of that argument. 6 classes does water down the playoffs and i can not stand the fact that 0-10, hell even sub .500 teams makes the playoffs(unless they won their district). I think if you move to 5 classes and take the 1st and 2nd place teem from each district, it would still produce 1st and 2nd round blowouts, but it wouldnt produce as many.

I wouldnt mind seeing the top 2 from each district and then seeding them.
South Warren will move to 5A and be in Bowling Green's district. John Hardin and Warren Central will drop to 4A. BG and Highlands should remain in their respective classes.
You guys continue to make the wrong analysis every year about 6 class system affecting playoffs. That is not the problem The problem is they went from 2 playoff games and a state championship to 4games and a state championship if you all are concerned about blowout games, it's simple, let's limit it to either 2 or 3 playoff games then the championship. If you do that then there would be all the 0-10 teams out.
Doesn't Highlands play up a class? I thought they had 3A enrollment but participate in 4A
I don't understand the outrage of the playoffs.
Every year, we hear the whiners whine about bad teams in the playoffs. Who cares? Its a week of football with kids who want to play football. I dont see the problem. Theres no sense in even talking about it.
The KHSAA went to 6 classes and said that would not change.
Last year, the coaches voted and voted for 4 teams per district to make the playoffs.

Its case closed, move on. Lets talk about how we can better something else because this is set in stone and isnt changing!
I have heard that Wayne and South Warren will move up . Also told that Louisville Central will probably stay AAA but they are close to dropping to AA
^ Why as to Central?
Louisville Central is only 25 boys over the 3A mark
Also to.d by numerous coaches that the six class system is here to stay. I asked about five classes and they said its not an option
Covcath will move up to 5A due to increased enrollment at the 9th and 10th grade levels next year according to the NKY grapevine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
THANK YOU GUT!!!! I thought I was the only one that was tiring of that same old crying fit.
Yeah the classification isn't until after 2014 season. Most teams already know their schedule, which is the same as this year just vice versa with home and away.

I'd like to see Bath, Estill, Fleming, Lewis, Powell in the same district.
Can we just get started with next season starting next Friday?
^^^heard that. 64 can go ahead and start serving people, 55 can post his lit ratins, Gut can dispute them, i can get on here and type a small novel about each raceland game....im ready for hs football again rtnow!
God that sounds like fun.
Eastern Kentucky rumors:
Johnson Central to 5A
Rowan, Greenup, Boyd stay 4A
Ashland to 3A
West Carter, East Carter, Lewis, Russell and Ashland in new district
Mason and Fleming to another district
(Russell is actually 2A but plays up to 3A due to travel)
Raceland and Fairview to stay where they are
Spirit100 Wrote:Covcath will move up to 5A due to increased enrollment at the 9th and 10th grade levels next year according to the NKY grapevine.

Recruiting pays off I guessConfusednicker:
TopCat Wrote:Wayne co will be moving up. They consolidated with the city school this past year.

Also Corbin is above or near 4a numbers.
Wayne and Corbin are at least 20 school down from 4a right now they are in the bottom 20 of 3A

Wayne County will with the addition of the Monticello kids probably go to 4A in 2015, Corbin is not going anywhere unless they had a big surge in enrollment the last year or so.
Thrillex Wrote:Doesn't Highlands play up a class? I thought they had 3A enrollment but participate in 4A

Highlands in the current alignment is the smallest 4A school, very good chance that they could drop to 3A next time around.
Last time around Mayfield was 2 boys away from being 2A
Caldwell Co was less than 10 boys from being 3A last time...if they have grown much at all they may move up to 3A