• 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
I presume this is the schedule:

Henry Clay (Pike County Bowl)
Harlan County
@ Southwestern- Pretty sure this was an away/away deal?
@ Pikeville
Sheldon Clark
@ Gallia Acad. OH
Christian Acad. of Knoxville, TN
@ Lawrence County
Pike Central
@ Johnson Central

Henry Clay will be a nice test to open the season.. they lose some big time players but this is the same team who gave the 6A Champs everything they wanted

Harlan County should have a nice team.

Gallia Academy shouldn't be too big of a hurdle after losing their QB and WR

CAK should be very tough next year... they were very young and that QB was a FRESH. Their bets WR was a Senior but that should be a very good team next year.

Johnson Central should take a little step back. Losing Young, Auxier, Dillon, Z. Gound, and Ward are some huge holes to fill. They will still be solid with Belcher back and Workman will help them.
IMO, Belfry will have another cake walk to the finals next year, and the year after, and the year after. Let's face it, the only current Eastern 3A team to derail the Pirates in the past 10 or 15 years, are the Breathitt County Bobcats. My point is, if the bobcats are down, The Pirates will be playing in Bowling Green for many years to come. Congrats to Belfry on the state championship!!!
Very interesting discussion with one of the Pirate asst. coaches at the state championship celebration today...Early plans for Taylor will NOT be at QB...No other names were mentioned just thought I'd throw that out there.
bucslover68 Wrote:Very interesting discussion with one of the Pirate asst. coaches at the state championship celebration today...Early plans for Taylor will NOT be at QB...No other names were mentioned just thought I'd throw that out there.

To me this means they see something. I know this year that Taylor was brought in to QB when they got up on people. Could they see something in the young 3rd stringer they like?
I though about TJ Dotson at HB. There are a lot of good pieces to work with on defense and it will be all about finding how to plug them into the roles that produce the best unit.

The freshmen this past season flat out made plays, especially as the year went on. Perhaps Varney or Adkins prove more ready for Friday nights than I think at the moment.
Cat Daddy Wrote:IMO, Belfry will have another cake walk to the finals next year, and the year after, and the year after. Let's face it, the only current Eastern 3A team to derail the Pirates in the past 10 or 15 years, are the Breathitt County Bobcats. My point is, if the bobcats are down, The Pirates will be playing in Bowling Green for many years to come. Congrats to Belfry on the state championship!!!
Russell is right there with Breathitt having beat Belfry in the Semi's in 205 and 2006... but the Devils are having their own program issues to ovecome

Right now the East is not looking very stout next year.

This year's Bourbon County was the best team Belfry has seen short of the Finals since Breathitt beat them in 2002... very good team.. but they are losing a host of very talented Seniors. Heard Holman's injury ended up only being a high ankle sprain.. with him and the Hill kid back Bourbon has the foundation to build around and would have o be the early pick to win their Region. I would probably make them the slight favorite over Mason who returns their QB O'Mara and the Hill kid.

This should be the best PC team Chapman has fielded in 2014. They have Justice/Elkins/Turnmire and more skill guys back... I could see the incoming Freshman Conn playing at RB as well... there is no doubt in my mind PC will be a Top 10 team in 3A.

On that note, to say Belfry is going to be the heavy favorite to reach BG again is an understatement.

I mentioned it in another thread, but IMHO the 2014 Pirates takes a small step back in terms of overall team power... but the 2015, 2016, and 2017 are about to be scary good.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:To me this means they see something. I know this year that Taylor was brought in to QB when they got up on people. Could they see something in the young 3rd stringer they like?

Possibly....Could Taylor play more HB? Just throwing some stuff out there...Who else will play WR? Woolum?
bucslover68 Wrote:Very interesting discussion with one of the Pirate asst. coaches at the state championship celebration today...Early plans for Taylor will NOT be at QB...No other names were mentioned just thought I'd throw that out there.

I don't know which assistant that was, but am I correct in assuming that they'd rather play Keaton at CB/WR?

I know that he's not ruled out as QB and in all likelihood is the front runner.
Leonidas Wrote:I don't know which assistant that was, but am I correct in assuming that they'd rather play Keaton at CB/WR?

I know that he's not ruled out as QB and in all likelihood is the front runner.

Yes he would play DB and WR and I would think some HB too and I certainly don't think he would be ruled out at QB, but defintely the tone of the conversation is that they are looking at other options at QB; Now if they have other options or better options I have no idea because Keaton by far has the most experience even though he only got a handful of snaps this year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:IMO, Belfry will have another cake walk to the finals next year, and the year after, and the year after. Let's face it, the only current Eastern 3A team to derail the Pirates in the past 10 or 15 years, are the Breathitt County Bobcats. My point is, if the bobcats are down, The Pirates will be playing in Bowling Green for many years to come. Congrats to Belfry on the state championship!!!

you forgot Russell did in 2005,cause they was going for a 3 peat..
cuppett777 Wrote:you forgot Russell did in 2005,cause they was going for a 3 peat..
And in 2006, 19-0 at Belfry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:0
Russell is right there with Breathitt having beat Belfry in the Semi's in 205 and 2006... but the Devils are having their own program issues to ovecome

Right now the East is not looking very stout next year.

This year's Bourbon County was the best team Belfry has seen short of the Finals since Breathitt beat them in 2002... very good team.. but they are losing a host of very talented Seniors. Heard Holman's injury ended up only being a high ankle sprain.. with him and the Hill kid back Bourbon has the foundation to build around and would have o be the early pick to win their Region. I would probably make them the slight favorite over Mason who returns their QB O'Mara and the Hill kid.

This should be the best PC team Chapman has fielded in 2014. They have Justice/Elkins/Turnmire and more skill guys back... I could see the incoming Freshman Conn playing at RB as well... there is no doubt in my mind PC will be a Top 10 team in 3A.

On that note, to say Belfry is going to be the heavy favorite to reach BG again is an understatement.

I mentioned it in another thread, but IMHO the 2014 Pirates takes a small step back in terms of overall team power... but the 2015, 2016, and 2017 are about to be scary good.

Just for the sake of acknowledging great teams I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a very good '04 Blackcat team would give that Bourbon team all they wanted and more.
Belfry is in good shape for the future. Athletes galore.
bucslover68 Wrote:And in 2006, 19-0 at Belfry.

yes sir I was there for bothSad
Why is warren leaving? I thought he was just a Junior?
Oh, Belfry will be fine......right up until the second game of the season!!!

:devilflam
Bobcat4life2013 Wrote:Why is warren leaving? I thought he was just a Junior?

HAHA... I think most people wonder if he has been there MORE than 4 years.

Sani was a Senior... started all 4 years... 2 years at QB, 4 years at CB
Buc Wild Wrote:Just for the sake of acknowledging great teams I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a very good '04 Blackcat team would give that Bourbon team all they wanted and more.

Enough years have passed that comparisons like that get harder and harder...it's tough to say. If pressed, though, I think the '03 and '04 Pirates (of course) and the Blackcat teams of the same years, the '11 Pirates, and the '01 Blackcats (possibly) may each have been better than this year's Bourbon -and- Belfry teams (that's imo - NOT wanting to start a war...lol). I would advance, however, the 2002 Breathitt Co. team may have been the BEST the old 2A Region produced since the '93 Blackcats.

:popcorn:
Bobcat4life2013 Wrote:Why is warren leaving? I thought he was just a Junior?

No, Sani is a senior and this was his last ride.
I see Belfry going 10-0 and wetting their leg in the playoffs.
WideRight05 Wrote:I see Belfry going 10-0 and wetting their leg in the playoffs.

You've lost all credibility even as a troll....move along little boy :hilarious:
If you want to beat the Pirates you better get them next year because after that it isn't going to happen.
oneijoe Wrote:Enough years have passed that comparisons like that get harder and harder...it's tough to say. If pressed, though, I think the '03 and '04 Pirates (of course) and the Blackcat teams of the same years, the '11 Pirates, and the '01 Blackcats (possibly) may each have been better than this year's Bourbon -and- Belfry teams (that's imo - NOT wanting to start a war...lol). I would advance, however, the 2002 Breathitt Co. team may have been the BEST the old 2A Region produced since the '93 Blackcats.

:popcorn:

It's tough... that Pburg defense was considerably better than Bourbon.
Offensively Bourbon had more weapons and more big play ability that Pburg. I will give the slightest edge to Bourbon because that game was played on the road and that aforementioned big play ability.

This Belfry team I think I like better than 2003, but not as much as 2004 (judging solely by how they looked in the playoffs and when healthy). The defense this Belfry team was playing in the playoffs was considerably ahead of either team IMHO... especially against the pass. This team didn't have the backfield as 2003/2004 nor did they have the level of lineplay..but Sani gave them a much better passing aptitude and I liked the Senior leadership better than 2003. That 2004 team though was simply something else though..we may never see a better backfield come through EKY.. maybe even the state... 526 rushing yards in the Finals.... simply unbelievable! That team shatters the state rushing record if they used the same..err... stat friendly measures... that you see other teams do in blowouts.

I personally would go:
2004 Belfry

2013 Belfry
2003 Belfry

..If the 2007 team had won the title I think they are second on the list right behind 2004.
We startin the trash talk early Granny. Lol. I guess when it comes to the second week next season were not friends for that week??
I was waiting on you or Pirate1991#8 to see that!!!!

Yes, friends, but with banter and smack talk. If you can't smack talk friends, then what good are you?
WideRight05 Wrote:I see Belfry going 10-0 and wetting their leg in the playoffs.

I see Highlands going 6-4 and getting beat second round of playoffs. :thatsfunn I hope they do drop to 3A...that way the Pirates can spank that tail!! I state facts! :biglmao:

Come on over to one of the Highlands threads..were having all kinds of fun with you all. Even your captain has jumped ship. I state facts!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I was waiting on you or Pirate1991#8 to see that!!!!

Yes, friends, but with banter and smack talk. If you can't smack talk friends, then what good are you?
Should be interesting in next years matchup. Both lose a lot but seem to just reload. In already excited. It's easier to trash talk someone you haven't become friends with though. Lol
Can't wait until we can have some serious talk about the 2014 team. Can next season just start already!!

With that said BGR it's been another great football season with new friends made.

It's time for me to pack it up until the 2014 threads start to heat up in a few months. Enjoy the roundball everyone. I'll see you when it's time for two a days.

I see me tracking your IP address to your location..and making you piss yourself..
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If you want to beat the Pirates you better get them next year because after that it isn't going to happen.

I don't see em getting beat next year either...we just might go on a two or three year winning streak
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next