Poll: who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
100.00%
FC
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Campbell @ Mayfield 8\22
Its here, the first game of the year...its going to be a hot one with heat indexing above 105..will this hurt the players as they have had all their practices in very mild summer temps.. who wins an why..?
Mayfield will win this game. But I think there is a rule on how hot it is before a game can be started.
55 how we been lookin after scrimmage revisions.. any key changes you could expand on?
Does anybody know anything on the falcons? If so wat do we have to look out for? I knoe I heard about a player that had left was he one of the speedsters they had last year?
Mayfield
On film , the Falcons don't look too impressive this year. We have made a couple of changes that will help. We found a possibility to reproduce the effectiveness of Trent Kendall up the middle. This year the heat should not effect us as much. The reason being the backups are right there with the starters which gives us much more depth. I think we should win fairly comfortably.
Fort Campbell hasn't been able to adjust to the 3A level of competition and now they are suffering a bit of a lull in their talent pool as well. Tristan Luke has transferred out in addition. Think the Falcons struggle a bit this year.

Think Mayfield coasts in this one

Mayfield 38
Fort Campbell 13
I think the commander must have changed there. If you get the right commander at the base, they can recruit nationwide. That is the true secrete to their success, when they have it.
Cannot see this game being close. Might be a different picture if Berner was still @ FC, but he's not.

This is the only preview I have been able to find on FC.

http://www.fortcampbellcourier.com/sport...963f4.html
Sounds like the Falcons will still have alot of good skill players on board, but, lost most of there OL/DL from last year..
Mayfield 34
Fort Campbell 28

Confusedhh:
I sure hope it's not that close. If it is, the Cardinal fans will give up on our team at this point.
Mayfield 42
FC 19

FC isnt the 2A version. It was mentioned in an earlier post, but they are having similar woes that Danville has had since moving up in class. Plus, they havent seemed to have the same tallent or speed that thy had when they were in 2A. Granted, during the last alignmet, Beechwood, Hazard, Mayfield, NCC, and Somerset(when thy were all in 1A together last), could have challenged and in many years defeated Fort Campbell for during their 2A title prowess. Thats was the case for awhile in later ears of 4 classes and the early goings of the 6 class system. 2A was really weak outside of a few teams.
I don't know about that. FC was tough back then.
Arguably the best overall FC player, Luke, transferred to a Clarksville, Tn., school. When he was healthy, he was a threat on every play.

I'm predicting Mayfield somewhere in the 42 to 14 ish area.
I like that pick much better.
Hey 55 I caught wind of possibly pushin starting time bac..?
http://www.theeaglepost.us/sports/articl...963f4.html
Pregame artical
I haven't heard any such word. The heat index is only supposed to get to 105. That is the limit. But you have to figure if that's the high, it will be quiet a bit lower by 7p.
Be glad the game is at Mayfield. As of Aug. 15, getting onto Fort Campbell - even to watch a football game - requires a criminal history check. I can think of some visiting schools which will no doubt have a smaller crowd as a result.

http://www.fortcampbellcourier.com/news/...f887a.html
I hope, if this is the case, that we get them off the schedule before we have to go there next year. Half of our fans won't be able to get through the gates. That is not right to the fans. They need to revisit this or move the stadium off post.
Wow that is insane...
Moving their field off base would seem to fix the problem.
The 2a teams in 07, 08 and 09 would have competed with any of the 3a teams in those years. But, like most military base teams, they'll have some really talented teams and others where it won't be as talented.. They've just had a couple of down talent years, the move to 3a has had very little to do with it..