Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston Texans fire Gary Kubiak
Per ESPN Adam Schefter. Will be made official later today
That wasn't the only news that the Texans made today. They announced that Case Keenum will be the starting QB for the remainder of the season.

Could this be the end of Schaub in Houston?
I believe the firing of Kubiak is premature. Houston has lost the majority of their games by less than 7 points. Schaub was definately not the awnser. You could see it even when they were winning. Next year with a high draft pick, an established QB and a watered down schedule, they should be a very high seed next year. I guess losing to Jacksonville was too much.
Didnt Coach just almost die on the field a few weeks ago? Nice class by Houston cant even wait till end of season. Not sure why they even got an NFL team back, oh wait cause they gave one back to Cleveland too, nevermind.
I do agree that it should have been made once the season was over, but here are a couple of things that caused it this early.

1: Houston's 11 game losing streak, that falls on to the coaches hand, no matter who you are, you lose that many in a row and your gonna be in trouble.

2: Benching QB Case Keenum for Matt Schaub even tho what couple games Keenum has been in, he's been better than Schaub.

With Case Kennum being named starter for the rest of the season, I believe we have seen the last of Matt Schaub in Houston, I could be wrong (I've been wrong before) but I believe he's done in Houston.