Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Championship Updates- Mayfield vs. Williamsburg
Is there anyone in 1A on the same level as Mayfield?
voice of reason Wrote:I can't imagine the beat down Raceland would have received had they played

Nobody knows the answer to that question. It's all about matchups. We may have matched up better with mayfield than williamsburg has.
Fumble recovered by Williamsburg.

This is their last chance to get some points on the board.
What is the weather doing....

weather.com's radio is showing ice
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Is there anyone in 1A on the same level as Mayfield?

They should investigate mayfield and see whats really going on down there in western part of the state. Fairview cheated and still got smashed.
Great sign of sportsmanship by Coach Morris, pulling the starters inside the 10 and not running up the score. Also, a great sendoff to the Seniors.
Williamsburg is just going to run the clock out.

Congratulations Mayfield Cardinals!

Very well deserved.

No

Beechwood was with them but they are trending down...Russellvile was competitive this year but that is an exception and not the rule... Frankfort was competitive but by and large will lose by 4+ TD's every year
Highlands would have tried to score and then probably kicked an onside kick to get it back. lol...j/k
Mayfield definitely has the right formula. Very similar to 4A Highlands. Today shows not only Williamsburg but everyone in the East how much ground they need to make up. It also shows you how special the 2011 Hazard team was.
Congrats to Mayfield on the 1A Championship. Good luck to the Seniors from both squads. We wish you well in your future endeavors!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Nobody knows the answer to that question. It's all about matchups. We may have matched up better with mayfield than williamsburg has.

anyone would be kidding themselves to think it would have been anything but a running clock blow out for Mayfield. The problem is too many make the playoffs. Just have 4 tough classes in a state our size and have better match ups.
Congrats to Mayfield !
voice of reason Wrote:anyone would be kidding themselves to think it would have been anything but a running clock blow out for Mayfield. The problem is too many make the playoffs. Just have 4 tough classes in a state our size and have better match ups.
Congrats to Mayfield !

dead horse
Mayfield is a machine... Gosh I sure feel like hazard, Raceland or Pikeville could of did a much better job. I am not being biased but I think hazard running game could of possibly give Mayfield some trouble early and I also feel hazard matches up better with Mayfield as well..

If Russellville could pass the ball a little better, they'd be right there with them.
But Congrads to Williamsburg on making but they get there 1st taste of Mayfield.. Could be very possible to see these teams play next year as Williamsburg returns a lot...
To beat Mayfield u cant turn the ball over and make stupid mistakes because they will cost you...
ontopofthewest Wrote:Now wat wayne... now wat? Lol had too

I still take Wayne...
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I still take Wayne...
Can I have Mayfield? Smile
They could investigate all they want they wouldnt find any wrong doing im sure coach Joe runs a right way program he cant help it if kids want to come to a school a smaller school and play and have a better chance to win a championship.
Coach Morris is a stickler on making sure everything is on the up and up, this I know for a fact. Its ok, all the fans in our area say the same things, haters gonna hate, lol.
Did anyone else take notice of soph Hernandez running the ball today? I thought he was strictly a LB. Man, he looked really good and was carrying the WBurg guys for 4-5 yards every time he carried it. I don't remember him ever playing in the backfield before. With his size, 6'2 220, he may be a helluva offensive weapon these next couple of years. We know he will be defensively. I bet he'll get some long looks from a few college programs before all's said and done. Jr OL Kel Carmen will, as well. Mayfield loses a lot this year, but, the well's not exactly dry either, that's for sure.
We will be young. I think our defense will be very stout. The Bright kid that took the 91 yard to the house is future all stater is just a fresh. the fresh quarterback Arnett is going to be solid as well got a group of 8th graders coming up that were 7th grade West Ky Champions regardless of class and 8th grade west ky champions regardless of class.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Did anyone else take notice of soph Hernandez running the ball today? I thought he was strictly a LB. Man, he looked really good and was carrying the WBurg guys for 4-5 yards every time he carried it. I don't remember him ever playing in the backfield before. With his size, 6'2 220, he may be a helluva offensive weapon these next couple of years. We know he will be defensively. I bet he'll get some long looks from a few college programs before all's said and done. Jr OL Kel Carmen will, as well. Mayfield loses a lot this year, but, the well's not exactly dry either, that's for sure.

Hernandez will be guaranteed yards next year, he is a beast. I don't know why Mayfield didn't mix him in in the second qtr other that to let the upper classmen get their playing time.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:They should investigate mayfield and see whats really going on down there in western part of the state. Fairview cheated and still got smashed.

I don't think the team need to be investigated,I think the EPA need to be call in an check the water mayfield has been drinking for 40yrs :lmao:
I would be willing to bet that we will be the fastest defense in all of western ky next year, BG included. You got the cover guys that were there this year minus Sevic, Crumble and Jackson. But you have Bright, Murrell and many others. We have our big mlb back. We have several fast, athletic and hard hitting jv linebackers and 1 in coming freshman lb that will be tough. That was evident in the state game when the jv went in and was holding the burg's starting off. We will have Brimer, Kendal, Carmen and possibly McCampbell back on d line as well as many others.

Offensively we may become more run oriented with 2 fast, really fast backs and a quick qb. We have all but 1 receiver back. We have plenty of ol back as well.

If we can avoid young teammistakes next year we will be fighting with Beechwood again the day after turkey day for another state trip.
bac2369 Wrote:Mayfield is a machine... Gosh I sure feel like hazard, Raceland or Pikeville could of did a much better job. I am not being biased but I think hazard running game could of possibly give Mayfield some trouble early and I also feel hazard matches up better with Mayfield as well..

Bac2369 how can you say Hazard,Raceland,and Pikeville could have done a better job,The best team from the east went to bowling green,outcome would have been no difference.Believe me Williamsburg stop Hazard running game and Raceland.move on get ready Williamsburg will be back in 2014 to defend the eastern side of the state. :Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:I would be willing to bet that we will be the fastest defense in all of western ky next year, BG included. You got the cover guys that were there this year minus Sevic, Crumble and Jackson. But you have Bright, Murrell and many others. We have our big mlb back. We have several fast, athletic and hard hitting jv linebackers and 1 in coming freshman lb that will be tough. That was evident in the state game when the jv went in and was holding the burg's starting off. We will have Brimer, Kendal, Carmen and possibly McCampbell back on d line as well as many others.

Offensively we may become more run oriented with 2 fast, really fast backs and a quick qb. We have all but 1 receiver back. We have plenty of ol back as well.

If we can avoid young teammistakes next year we will be fighting with Beechwood again the day after turkey day for another state trip.

Don't forget that the freshman LB Workman. He will make a big splash. He has all the tools and hits like a bull.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Don't forget that the freshman LB Workman. He will make a big splash. He has all the tools and hits like a bull.

A name like Workman,I am sure will make a big splash for Mayfield. 64SUR :truestory:
I AM GLAD I DIDN'T GET THERE BUT, IT was What it was A loss to A far superior team Congradulation to Mayfield for winning the championship and Williamsburg for A great season. I will have my Crow now please with a little BBQ sauce.