Poll: Who wins the 6A State Title game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scott County
76.19%
Meade County
23.81%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Class 6A State Championship Scott County vs. Meade County
Going to be tough for my GreenWaves to win this one. I just hope we can just get to the 4th quarter with a chance and let the chips fall where they may. We need to play much better this week than last week.

Mistakes Against Butler that can't happen this week.

1) We had two 2 point conversions that were successful called back on illegal motion penalties. We were moved back to the 8 yard line and both failed that cost us 4 points.

2) We had a fumble on our own 37 yard line that Butler recovered and scored on the next play a 37 yard TD pass.

3) We had 1st and goal at the 6 yard line as our RB was going in for the TD he reached the ball out to break the plane and fumbled at the 1 foot line into the endzone for a Butler touchback.- cost us at least 6 points.

4)We had an onside kick go through our hands and recovered by Butler. Butler scored a few plays later having to go only 45 yards.

5) From the Butler 45 yard line we snapped the ball over the punters head all the way back to our own 25 yard line. Butler scored a few plays later to make it 34-28.

We need zero turnovers and very few penalties vs. Scott County. They are to good to make mistakes against.
Any time you get to this stage, you have got to play mistake free ball.
I'm pulling for Meade. I would much rather a West ky 6a school get a Ring before a Lex metro School.
I voted for Scott. That may be the kiss of death though. Every time that I have picked a 6a team they have lost. They are Cardinals though. That may be enough to stop my terrible roll.
GreenWave 21-20. I understand they have a heck of an offensive line. Scott County must have a good one too, as much as they run the ball. It should be a great game.
adopted purple Wrote:GreenWave 21-20. I understand they have a heck of an offensive line. Scott County must have a good one too, as much as they run the ball. It should be a great game.

If Meade can shut down the run game of Scott County and force there QB to win them the game then Meade should be able to pull this out.
Should be a great game. Cardinals by 3.
No Louisville team in the finals , you'd think there would be more than 6 posts, didn't everybody on here get what they wanted ?
Are you all indicating that the 2 teams playing for 6a title are more 1 dimensional than the 2 teams playing for 1a?
Scott 28
Meade 22
i wish that Meade would win, however i don't think it will happen :HitWall:
Scott Co. by a couple scores, however, I'll root for the underdog in this one. Not a lot of information on Meade out there. Anyone care to share beyond common opponents ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Scott Co. by a couple scores, however, I'll root for the underdog in this one. Not a lot of information on Meade out there. Anyone care to share beyond common opponents ?

Meade County has a lot of kids go both ways, but so far, energy/tiredness/fatigue hasn't been an issue.

Meade County doesn't have a true star.

Meade County has several capable backs. Can't key on one. Shacklett, O'Brien, Kaiser, Duncan all have their fair share of scores and big plays. Wilson, the QB, is quite mobile. Guard on basketball team.

Meade's defense is rock solid. Held John Hardin to fewer points than BG did. Already played two athletic Wing-T teams (blew out Warren Central, lost to John Hardin).

Scott County should be favored. Won't surprise me if Scott wins -- even handily.

I just would not go into the game EXPECTING Meade to get blown out.

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/search/...LL%20Meade

http://www.thenewsenterprise.com/search/...%20Mofield

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=u...&tbs=qdr:m
Coachdad Wrote:No Louisville team in the finals , you'd think there would be more than 6 posts, didn't everybody on here get what they wanted ?

I don't think that it is anti Louisville. It is anti the two monster private schools.
I think this is the year Scott Co finally gets it done.
The Boogie man is gone. No hate for Scott or Meade.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think this is the year Scott Co finally gets it done.

As much as I hate to admit it I agree. Rooting for Meade, going with Scott 42-14.
I'll take Scott Co by13. From what I know about him, McKey(sp?) is a class act. I hope he gets a ring.
I think Scott County wins pretty easily but I'd love to see this be a game. I may be wrong, but I believe Coach Haywood has some ties to Meade County.
This game will be determined at the line of scrimmage and by turnovers...both squads have strength and speed and pretty stout defenses....Meade wins 24-18...
I still think the cards win. Everyone be safe in your travels.
Scott Co 28 Meade Co 16
This game has been moved to Saturday at 6 PM Eastern.