Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
Mayfield will play Williamsburg Friday. Wayne Co will play Belfry.
mysonis55 Wrote:I really don't understand the talk about WC. They are a very good team. They are 3a. We are 1a. We don't have to worry about them. I hope they do well. They should be praised for what they have done so far. This discussion is crazy. Let it go. Let's concern ourselves with whether or not we can beat Williamsburg. Let's wish WC good luck and move on.

I dont understand the wayne ciunty talk either, so why did mayfield fans bring it up?
I feel bad for williamsburg if they are without patrick and griffith. Arguably their best offensive and defensive players. I thought Mayfield by 14 before those injuries, will take mayfield 40-14 if they cant play.
I not sure on all the injuries but id be sure to bet those kids hurt will not have contact practice during this week to possibly play friday
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I feel bad for williamsburg if they are without patrick and griffith. Arguably their best offensive and defensive players. I thought Mayfield by 14 before those injuries, will take mayfield 40-14 if they cant play.

I want change my mind stone also injury.We have sub an good one :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I feel bad for williamsburg if they are without patrick and griffith. Arguably their best offensive and defensive players. I thought Mayfield by 14 before those injuries, will take mayfield 40-14 if they cant play.

don't feel bad we still plan on winning the game goBIGblue82 :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Mayfield has been there, done that, lost 2 of our best players in 2011.
The only reason Wayne County is being brought up is that williamsburg has played em and was blown out by em, then folks on here said that Mayfield couldn't stay on the field with em. McCracken County was ranked #8 in 6A in the state, do you think Wayne is better than McCracken?
I guess we made mysonis55 top two 1A team of the week Confusednicker:
So #64 & #55 are you 2 going to meet up? If you all do will you all meet at 59.5?
mysonis55 Wrote:By the way in case you are wondering who beat us, I don't even have to look that up.

2009 Caldwell Co (mud bowl) and Lexington Christian.
2010 no one
2011 Hazard
2012 Warren Central
2013 Caldwell Co

2013 mayfield has won 4 in a row
2013 williamsburg has won 9 in a row

who hot mayfield or williamsburg Confusednicker: looks like williamsburg Confusedhh:
64SUR Wrote:2013 mayfield has won 4 in a row
2013 williamsburg has won 9 in a row

who hot mayfield or williamsburg Confusednicker: looks like williamsburg Confusedhh:

HAHA, good one coach [Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...terboy.jpg]
rednblackattack Wrote:[quote=smoke1015]Wayne's 2 touchdowns better than any team in 1A in my opinion, their best game against the other teams best. Although Central has had a "down year", Wayne's "Eastern speed" held up pretty well. But then again Wayne isn't exactly East, they are more south central or slightly south western, but regardless...

Funny how this stuff is totally reversed in middle school. For example, Bowling Green, Glasgow, Louisville middle schools, all the "Western Teams" go in and get manhandled by tough hard nosed Eastern teams, mostly mountain teams. I watch Corbin just smash teams like Bowling Green, speedy athletic teams and they are having 2 and 3 players carried off the field in one play. I just don't understand it. For example, my son made the all-star team, East/West thing tomorrow, and he'll be on the West (with all this "superior speed"), and we KNOW we are going to get hammered by the East because that's the way it is every year.

The funniest part of football, well, any sport is the fan that think certain players are over age, etc.. Filming the video and talking with a lot of state guys for the middle school playoffs, it seems that many western or northern people, (city/urban schools) feel that the mountain teams are all over age, a bunch of 16 and 17 year old middle schoolers out there. As one guy said, "with these mountain teams, you just never know"...lol. So if I am over talking to the "mountain schools", they are saying the same thing. "Some of these bigger city schools, man some of their kids have to be 2 and 3 years older than the age limit, it's crazy". It's the same BS for everyone, everyone, in the end, has the same excuses, and pretty much are wrong the same way. I personally still think Lebron James was 25 years old his senior year of high-school...[/QU
Ofn course that is your opinion since Wayne manhandled The Burg. However I don't think Wayne could even beat Mayfield let alone by 2 tds. Not many teams in the whole state could.
McCracken county a very good 6a team is ranked over Wayne in every state ranking. Mayfield beat them. I'm sorry Wayne is a great team just not the world beaters they are being made out to be in order to make Williamsburgs bad loss to them look like everybody else would lose like that to them. I don't think Wayne could beat Mayfield and I think they would struggle with Russelville. The other one a school who is better than every 1a school in the East.

Wayne would beat Mayfield easily
mysonis55 Wrote:I watched the jackets. I watched the Rams. I have researched those two teams all year long from top to bottom. Could the jackets beat us, yes. That is if we have a key injury or 2 or if we have 5 or more turnovers. Yes we played a lot better team than Wayne. It was McCracken Co. We got lucky enough to beat them. Y'all can have everyone in the eastern part of the state log on and vote that the jackets will win and we are still gonna kick butt.

you're badly confused. Who is McCracken playing against in Bowling Green?
gobigredMHS Wrote:The only reason Wayne County is being brought up is that williamsburg has played em and was blown out by em, then folks on here said that Mayfield couldn't stay on the field with em. McCracken County was ranked #8 in 6A in the state, do you think Wayne is better than McCracken?

Yes Wayne IMO is better than McCracken. Did McCracken have any signature wins?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Yes Wayne IMO is better than McCracken. Did McCracken have any signature wins?

I consider Henderson their signature win and the one that had a lot of us blown away at the margin of victory (42-28). Henderson is no slouch in 6A with wins over Indiana powers Evansville Reitz and Evansville North and they defeated Tilghman. They also took care of Fort Campbell and Graves County pretty handily. It would be a good game, McCracken and Wayne County, I am impressed with the numbers for Wayne County, 70 players on the roster? Very impressive for a 3A school. I will stop talking about it now, back to Mayfield/Williamsburg, lol.
I'm sure Williamsburg has a good team, but you are about to find out why Mayfield is there every year, they are the best program in western Kentucky and the people in the eastern part of the state will find out next week, then we can discuss it when they see them play.
I will be glad when 3 pm gets here Friday and mayfield is hoisting up the trophy. That way the three annoying guys that throw shots in hopes that their team will win, will go away. Lol we all know they will disappear on this thread as soon as they lose. always happens. We tend to always give these teams we play at state too much credit. Even though you Williamsburg fans don't see us giving you much credit on here doesn't me we won't. It's typically the talk through the town for the week about how good the other team is that we'll be facing at state. I defiantly don't see our boys getting big headed because of the forum talk. The seniors I talked to about Frankfort this week before the game, had the utmost respect for them from what they saw on film. I'm sure it will be the same for this week also. Personally from what I've seen wb has played a weeker schedule from what I've seen. That typically hurts you when you meet an opponent like us in the playoffs. Honestly, I didn't know who would win the williamsburg vs raceland game. Seems raceland always chokes around 3 and 4 round every year so I defiantly doubted them. I'm super confident in our boys and coaching staff. I think 5 straight appearances gives mayfield more the enough experience over a team who barely makes it out the east. But come Friday morning none of it matters. Stats, recent scores, opponents, records, etc. Just who wants it more. Go Mayfield.
64SUR Wrote:I want change my mind stone also injury.We have sub an good one :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Williamsburg has several good receivers that can fill in for skyler. But, he is a playmaker and a game changer that would be missed on both sides of the ball. Patrick on the other hand is harder to replace on D. I just dont think williamsburg has another guy that can play there against this level of competition.
dt812005 Wrote:I will be glad when 3 pm gets here Friday and mayfield is hoisting up the trophy. That way the three annoying guys that throw shots in hopes that their team will win, will go away. Lol we all know they will disappear on this thread as soon as they lose. always happens. We tend to always give these teams we play at state too much credit. Even though you Williamsburg fans don't see us giving you much credit on here doesn't me we won't. It's typically the talk through the town for the week about how good the other team is that we'll be facing at state. I defiantly don't see our boys getting big headed because of the forum talk. The seniors I talked to about Frankfort this week before the game, had the utmost respect for them from what they saw on film. I'm sure it will be the same for this week also. Personally from what I've seen wb has played a weeker schedule from what I've seen. That typically hurts you when you meet an opponent like us in the playoffs. Honestly, I didn't know who would win the williamsburg vs raceland game. Seems raceland always chokes around 3 and 4 round every year so I defiantly doubted them. I'm super confident in our boys and coaching staff. I think 5 straight appearances gives mayfield more the enough experience over a team who barely makes it out the east. But come Friday morning none of it matters. Stats, recent scores, opponents, records, etc. Just who wants it more. Go Mayfield.

3 annoying fans compared to mayfield's 10+....
I do agree we can be over the top sometimes lol but hey this a football town. Has been since I could remember and winning just makes a more annoying lol sorry guy.
dt812005 Wrote:I do agree we can be over the top sometimes lol but hey this a football town. Has been since I could remember and winning just makes a more annoying lol sorry guy.

Exactly you have been here before. Williamsburg had never even won region, so cut those guys some slack...haha
gobigredMHS Wrote:I consider Henderson their signature win and the one that had a lot of us blown away at the margin of victory (42-28). Henderson is no slouch in 6A with wins over Indiana powers Evansville Reitz and Evansville North and they defeated Tilghman. They also took care of Fort Campbell and Graves County pretty handily. It would be a good game, McCracken and Wayne County, I am impressed with the numbers for Wayne County, 70 players on the roster? Very impressive for a 3A school. I will stop talking about it now, back to Mayfield/Williamsburg, lol.

Reitz was 8-4 and ranked like 65th in the state. North was 3-8 ranked 134th. I wouldnt consider them powers. A 14 point margin shouldnt blow any one away. Im sure McCracken was a good solid team, but nothing more. When comparing schedules just my opinion Wayne would be the best team out of all involved. Not a knock on Mayfield, IMO they are 2-3 TDs better than the burg
Regardless of what the situation may be now...Friday it won't matter. I still say if mayfield plays turnover free ball. I can see it being a 2 td margin win for the cardinals. I think this is the reason we play the bigger class schools throughout the season so we're not blown away by another 1a schools speed or talent. What kind of offense does wb run?
Williamsburg will bring home this year. Good luck Yellowjackets.
dt812005 Wrote:Regardless of what the situation may be now...Friday it won't matter. I still say if mayfield plays turnover free ball. I can see it being a 2 td margin win for the cardinals. I think this is the reason we play the bigger class schools throughout the season so we're not blown away by another 1a schools speed or talent. What kind of offense does wb run?

Air Raid
It doesn't matter how tough of a schedule Williamsburg has played. Middlesboro didn't have a real tough in 1998 when they beat a undefeated Mayfield team. It's who wants it more. Williamsburg wants to be the first team in school history to win it and this years Mayfield team doesn't want to be team who couldn't.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Should we expect more of the same panter we hear out of you ever year?
Are you a Mayfield hater or just a Eastern Homer?

Mayfield makes a case for being better than Wayne and I stand by it

gobigredMHS Wrote:The only reason Wayne County is being brought up is that williamsburg has played em and was blown out by em, then folks on here said that Mayfield couldn't stay on the field with em. McCracken County was ranked #8 in 6A in the state, do you think Wayne is better than McCracken?

LOL! See it's Mayfield that won't let this argument go. Since some people don't bother to read. Wayne county beat the team, maybe a couple of them, that beat McCracken. Wayne beat them by 2 or 3 touchdowns. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Wayne would handle McCracken fairly well.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:You claim to be a coach, so what? I once was as well. If you know anything at all you know the LIt rate this time of year are very accurate and Mayfield is higher.

Mayfield and PT are rivals, the Cards held a 21-0 lead late into the game when PT got 2 garbage scores inside a minute of each other. Of course Mayfield then marched right back down and scored then PT scores a meaningless one at the end.

That is a very solid case for Mayfield
Reguardless Williamsburg lost big to them

The coach wasn't a brag, it was showing I am an observer and fan of football and keep up with it, not a biased Mayfield fan, or Williamsburg, or Wayne, simply a guy watching from a semi knowledgeable perspective.

You took one tiny point of my argument and state that PT got 2 garbage TD's. Well what about the rest. Your big argument was McCracken. You barely won, by 1 point. Did McCracken get all those points at garbage time, to pull within 1 point of a win? Think I'd have put my starters in if it got that close. But no, that was a back and forth battle, you guys were fortunate to come out the winner. Wayne plays teams that defeated McCracken, and defeats them by 2 touchdowns. So, again, how does that make Wayne not in McCracken's league? That makes zero sense, does it? And also, look at the guys not for either team in this discussion, none think Mayfield could beat Wayne. Why even make these statements. Wayne isn't going to be your opponent, fortunately. I used real numbers, and actual rankings, you use a system, LIt rating which, if even true, was totally inaccurate in this case. Belfry and Wayne both beat either team in the 1A championship by 14. I think Mayfield beats Williamsburg by 21 now that I have heard about these unfortunate injuries. I think Mayfield would have won by a TD regardless.
According to those silly LIT ratings, Wayne is the 5th best team in 3A, when almost everyone considers them dead even, or a slight favorite over Belfry for the state title, and have teams above Wayne in 3A that Wayne can simply blowout by 3 to 4 touchdowns! Paducah Tillman that they easily beat is ranked 2 to 3 places higher than them. What sense does that make? Just a bunch of hogwash. This is the proof this guy used as who the better team was. McCracken is rated near the top in all schools, yet I could probably name 25 schools off the top of my head that would beat them. Just junk in that rating system. All the top teams ranked in each class, 1A to 5A, almost all, have already been put out of the playoffs. So true logic, watching the games, that test proves, as usual, the best to judge who is the better team. The score board is the best solution.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next