Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
THe Burg likely has not seen speed like we will have and I mean team speed. There is a difference in WKY speed and EKY speed. EKY is always slow by the standards of the rest of the state. Not a knock, just fact atleast thats the way its always been
Looking at the Lit ratings, they sure don't like the Burg. If they are right we win this thing going away and unlike 2011 when we were hurt at the key positions, we are healthy.

Mayfield seems to have advantages at most positions. Line, backs, ect

After looking over the info I see Mayfield winning going away. Cards by atleast 28
pjdoug Wrote:Mayfield didn't play a team as tough as Wayne County

I would put McCracken County up against Wayne any day.
We have may mysonis55 Lit's rating and Cal prep rating system Williamsburg is a Contender admit it mysonis55 just say it I am waiting :dudecomeon:

Mayfield is alot better than N Laurel and a little better than Wayne. 64 stay at home and save yourself the $ and sad and lonely drive home. You can buy yourself a nice Xmas gift with the $ you will save. Take that $ and buy a combo pack at the local tshirt shop. Get the district champs shirt, regional champs shirt and state runner up shirt. If you buy all 3 they should cut you a great deal Confusednicker:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:THe Burg likely has not seen speed like we will have and I mean team speed. There is a difference in WKY speed and EKY speed. EKY is always slow by the standards of the rest of the state. Not a knock, just fact atleast thats the way its always been

The speed issue is usually true, we see it every year come championships, but I think this Williamsburg team has more team speed defensively at least than ones we have faced in the past, on the the line, but their secondary looks questionable.
I don't know if you've played against anything like these Jackets. And I don't know anything about Mayfield, haven't seen them play since 70's and early 80's.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Looking at the Lit ratings, they sure don't like the Burg. If they are right we win this thing going away and unlike 2011 when we were hurt at the key positions, we are healthy.

After looking over the info I see Mayfield winning going away. Cards by atleast 28

MayfieldCardinal y'all need to throw out your rating system,Guess who coming to dinner WILLIAMBURG :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
Old Redhound Wrote:I don't know if you've played against anything like these Jackets. And I don't know anything about Mayfield, haven't seen them play since 70's and early 80's.

We played Caldwell county a few weeks ago who has an outstanding Junior QB elijah sindelar who already has offers to Murray State, WKU, UK, Ole Miss and Ohio State is looking at him, Williamsburg QB is nowhere near the kid. Mayfield hung with the team the whole game and had the chance to win with the game tied up with 7 mins to go and fumbles the ball. The difference in Caldwell and Williamsburg is that Caldwell has a great running game.

Mayfield runs the spread, been running it for several years now, traditionally Mayfield was just a wishbone or Power team in the past and as times have changed has gone to more of a balanced attack. Mayfield has at least 5 receivers that get touches consistently. We still run the power running game with Stuart Mills who will punish you on the ground, just ask fans of the teams we have played.

And Williamsburg didn't come close to beating Wayne.
Caldwell county and McCracken County lit rankings higher than Wayne County. Graves County Murray are really close in the Lit rankings to Wayne County so actually bare whole out of district schedule is something like Wayne county except we handed most of them their Butts.
I smoked a turkey this past Thursday for Thanksgiving .....I got a feeling the YellowJackets will know that same feeling
Old Redhound Wrote:I don't know if you've played against anything like these Jackets. And I don't know anything about Mayfield, haven't seen them play since 70's and early 80's.

Oldhound

Those were some epic battles, 76, 77 and the Rec Bowl. Was little then but still recall those games. I am close to the Rawlings brothers from the early 80's. Went to school together and still get with them from time to time
64SUR Wrote:MayfieldCardinal y'all need to throw out your rating system,Guess who coming to dinner WILLIAMBURG :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

64 I am trying to help you, stay at home, don't waste $, go buy yourself a combo shirt set that will get you a district, regional title and state runner up shirt. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Rednblackattack where in the heck have You been hiding :Sad04:

I have been luurking 64. My family owns a restraunt we have been short handed and I have been spending a a lot of hours running the BBQ pit. In fact if 55 would do it for u I would send you a couple of pounds of Wky BBQ. Then again knowing the group he travels with i doubt it would make it to BG.
I watched the jackets. I watched the Rams. I have researched those two teams all year long from top to bottom. Could the jackets beat us, yes. That is if we have a key injury or 2 or if we have 5 or more turnovers. Yes we played a lot better team than Wayne. It was McCracken Co. We got lucky enough to beat them. Y'all can have everyone in the eastern part of the state log on and vote that the jackets will win and we are still gonna kick butt.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Looking at the Lit ratings, they sure don't like the Burg. If they are right we win this thing going away and unlike 2011 when we were hurt at the key positions, we are healthy.

Lit ratings had Raceland by 9 and we all know that didn't happen...
I would like an expert analysis from 64 :please:
rednblackattack Wrote:Caldwell county and McCracken County lit rankings higher than Wayne County. Graves County Murray are really close in the Lit rankings to Wayne County so actually bare whole out of district schedule is something like Wayne county except we handed most of them their Butts.

:dudecomeon: you guys are playing Williamsburg I could care less about mayfield playing Caldwell co,McCracken co,Graves co,Murray,PT,Russellsville and Frankfort I have said all year the west is week,now put your pads own and get ready for a SHOCKER,come Monday morning burg fever will sit in on mayfield :please: show up we are coming Confusedmoke:
Talon Wrote:Mayfield by 3 TDs , but my heart is rooting for the Jackets to bring one back East

You are walking on both sides of the street. You must be a politican.
gobigredMHS Wrote:I would like an expert analysis from 64 :please:

You wouldn't believe me if I told you :biglmao:
Hey give Talon a break. He has had to endure more than any fan on here. I think he was trying to show his support for a fellow east team. I'm glad to see him back in here. That shows true heart and courage.
64, he said expert, not spert.
Burg in a tight one.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, he said expert, not spert.

I notice nobody asking you now mysonis55 Confusednicker:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Mayfield is alot better than N Laurel and a little better than Wayne. 64 stay at home and save yourself the $ and sad and lonely drive home. You can buy yourself a nice Xmas gift with the $ you will save. Take that $ and buy a combo pack at the local tshirt shop. Get the district champs shirt, regional champs shirt and state runner up shirt. If you buy all 3 they should cut you a great deal Confusednicker:

Wayne's 2 touchdowns better than any team in 1A in my opinion, their best game against the other teams best. Although Central has had a "down year", Wayne's "Eastern speed" held up pretty well. But then again Wayne isn't exactly East, they are more south central or slightly south western, but regardless...

Funny how this stuff is totally reversed in middle school. For example, Bowling Green, Glasgow, Louisville middle schools, all the "Western Teams" go in and get manhandled by tough hard nosed Eastern teams, mostly mountain teams. I watch Corbin just smash teams like Bowling Green, speedy athletic teams and they are having 2 and 3 players carried off the field in one play. I just don't understand it. For example, my son made the all-star team, East/West thing tomorrow, and he'll be on the West (with all this "superior speed"), and we KNOW we are going to get hammered by the East because that's the way it is every year.

The funniest part of football, well, any sport is the fan that think certain players are over age, etc.. Filming the video and talking with a lot of state guys for the middle school playoffs, it seems that many western or northern people, (city/urban schools) feel that the mountain teams are all over age, a bunch of 16 and 17 year old middle schoolers out there. As one guy said, "with these mountain teams, you just never know"...lol. So if I am over talking to the "mountain schools", they are saying the same thing. "Some of these bigger city schools, man some of their kids have to be 2 and 3 years older than the age limit, it's crazy". It's the same BS for everyone, everyone, in the end, has the same excuses, and pretty much are wrong the same way. I personally still think Lebron James was 25 years old his senior year of high-school...
OldJacket Wrote:Lit ratings had Raceland by 9 and we all know that didn't happen...

Yeah and the eastern KY posse had The Wood leaving BG with a tiltle last year at the end of that game all you could hear on that side was the pitter patter of a running clock!
mysonis55 Wrote:Hey give Talon a break. He has had to endure more than any fan on here. I think he was trying to show his support for a fellow east team. I'm glad to see him back in here. That shows true heart and courage.

endure what want to explain.what about Williamsburg fans enduring you all season,talon can have mayfield and it doesn't shows true heart his heart should be on the east side of I-75 Confusederiously:
No fan should have to deal with what happened at his school. By the way, maybe they should be asking my opinion over yours. Just look at our pickem scores. You are a whole week behind me.
I know our Water Coolers will be filled with delicious Ohio River water. Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next