Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle- Who becomes HC
Ryle is the only school in BC to have a turf field and was the first to develop its own feeder program. The potential for serious community financial support is there. The academics are there. The district is expanding, not contracting. All of those attributes make Ryle an attractive position for a HC.

The bid gorilla in the room though is the strict districting policy. To win state titles, IMO, you have to attract talent from outside your district boundaries.
I think the head coach must be a teacher. That is part of what got BW in hot water. Coaches need to be held accountable the same way that teachers are. They must develop relationships with kids and parents. I also think that it is imperative that the coach abide by the same rules that the teachers abide by so that there is no perceived gap between the two. I believe that BW was the only HC that was not a teacher in the school district in the state of KY. I do not know that for sure but that's what I have been told.
Both Marksberry and Borchers are not full time teachers. I agree that the HC needs to have a day job in the building, if for no other reason other than recruiting from the hallways. In the specific case of Ryle, exceptional social skill is going to be necessary.
Pick6 Wrote:Both Marksberry and Borchers are not full time teachers. I agree that the HC needs to have a day job in the building, if for no other reason other than recruiting from the hallways. In the specific case of Ryle, exceptional social skill is going to be necessary.

You are spot on!!! The 80's/90's approach (I am the coach shut up and do what I say) will not work with these kids or their parents!!! They (kids) can tell instantly if you care about them or not. If they suspect that you don't care for them as people they are done with you. They realize that this is a game and they are likely to make a living doing something else. its a different world than what many of the local coaches are use too.
Warner's Post to Ryle Community-

I want to thank every player, all supporters and each staff member for an incredible 11 years at Ryle! Coaching Ryle these past 11 years has been an incredible experience. My family and I were able to build so many amazing relationships that will last a lifetime! The support this past week has simply blown us away. We Built Many Leaders Through Football, and the players that competed for our teams gave it everything they had in every competition! The success of many young men who came through our program is truly awesome! Running a football program takes a lot of completely dedicated coaches, players and supporters. We had an incredible run of success that will live on forever! The program is in great shape for the future, and we are extremely proud of the improvements over these past 11 seasons.
Coaches, teachers and staff members- A special thank you for your time and dedication to help us develop these young men for life after football and Ryle!
Parents- A special thank you for allowing these young men to grow with us through this great game of football.
Players- I WILL FOREVER BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR COMMITTMENT, TOUGHNESS AND TENACITY THAT YOU GAVE US EVERY COMPETITION! I personally made a committment 11 years ago that I would always have the best interests of the players and students at Ryle first and foremost- that was accomplished.
For future Ryle players, buy into the new Coach quickly. Believe in him and build a great relationship with him as fast as possible. That will make you the best team you can be! I will always be there for all of our players if you ever need anything. I love you all very much! My family and I thank you for everything. Make it a great 2014, God Bless and Go Raiders!
Parents need to stay out of the coaching selection process. My kid doesn't get to play.
Then maybe your kid isn't the best option. GET BETTER.

It is very easy to say to your kid that the coach isn't fair. Needs to move on. Etc.

It takes much more character to tell your son that if he wants to play more that he needs to get better. Get into the weight room. Get out onto the track. Be active. Become more athletic.

Parents can have as much impact supporting the coach as they can breaking down everything the coach is trying to build.

Hope the next coach at Ryle gets full parent support. Every coach deserves that.
NKY Fan Wrote:Parents need to stay out of the coaching selection process. My kid doesn't get to play.
Then maybe your kid isn't the best option. GET BETTER.

It is very easy to say to your kid that the coach isn't fair. Needs to move on. Etc.

It takes much more character to tell your son that if he wants to play more that he needs to get better. Get into the weight room. Get out onto the track. Be active. Become more athletic.

Parents can have as much impact supporting the coach as they can breaking down everything the coach is trying to build.

Hope the next coach at Ryle gets full parent support. Every coach deserves that.

AGREED!
I believe the next coach will get full support like how it was at Ryle in 2010 and before 06. The next coach will also Hopefully be able to keep an OC for more than a year or two.

Also improved JV development will be there no matter what because under the Warner regime he really had too many kids playing 20-30 varsity snaps and then had them play the whole JV game over a player seeing hardly any game snaps.

One thing I will say is that You have four years. Every player must bide his time, get better, and by the time there a Junior they will see significant JV time and Senior year will have a stronger varsity role. Ryle's team is extremely young as half the team were sophomores the past season. As a parent you should realize its a 4 season development. The player in front of your son has been there 2-3 years longer than you and whether you realize it or not the difference between JV game speed and varsity Game speed is unbelievable.

I can promise you the best 21 guys started each Friday this season. (QB situation was another story.)
Here's an interesting Dynamic-

If Woolf doesn't get the job maybe,
Turner & Demler look thru all the applicants for a Coach with a son that's a QB?Confusedhh:

As that will be the first priority for any coach coming in.
5 QBS to choose from-

Gavin Brandt- SR
17 / 49 comp 38% ....... 263 yds ........3 Tds ..... 2 ints
38 rush att ..... 134 yds .......... 4 Fumbles
***+Very strong Arm +Accurate (many drops by recievers) -Did not no the play book or call counts
4 Varsity Starts (Sycamore (OH), Scott County 13-0 , SK 12-1, Shelby County 8-4)
played in 2 others

Ryan Rytlewski - SR
27 / 44 comp 42%......... 331 yds ........ 2 tds ....... 4 ints
14 att .... 145 yds ......92 lg ........ 1 td .........2 fumbles
***+Strong leader +Knew plays like the back of his hand -Arm strength/accuracy is inconstant
3 varisty starts (Cooper 2-9 , Boone Cty 0-11 , Cov Cath 9 - 3)
Played in 2 others

Jared Pogliano - JR
0 varsity starts at QB. Did start at Slot receiver a few times
-Very Small not much arm strength

O'Hara - SophVery impressive Freshman but I do not think it is wise to throw a sophomore QB to the wolfs. Would be better to start him off at JV. If the season looks like its .500 or less then throw him in mid season to build experience.
+leadership +strength +QB mindset +intangibles

Colin England- JR
Super Athlete but I do not see this working out for a new coach. He isn't terrible at QB but its a waste of his skill and talent to put him there. He is an electrifying WR and if they can get a good Offensive scheme with a QB that can stretch the field England can make anyone look like a star. The Cov Cath game was an example of this. He came back for the long ball and still torched the defensive backs of the Colonels.
+ATHLETIC
1 varsity start (Butler 10-3) {playoff game}
I'm hearing that Bill Letton has resigned from Lex Cath. I have been hearing his name in Ryle circles.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I'm hearing that Bill Letton has resigned from Lex Cath. I have been hearing his name in Ryle circles.

Letton has indeed resigned from Lex Cath. He resigned last week. Stated in the herald leader that he's exploring new options.
I was told that Ryle had 2 year game contracts with Shelby County, Scott County & Sycamore Oh.

Will these stay now that Warner has been canned or will they be canceled.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:I was told that Ryle had 2 year game contracts with Shelby County, Scott County & Sycamore Oh.

Will these stay now that Warner has been canned or will they be canceled.

They should keep all three games on their schedule. JV, without half of their sophomore class beat 2 out of 3 of these teams (didn't play Shelby). Not saying that means anything, just that the talent is there to beat all three teams next year.
I agree I'm ticked..

Mueller clearly resigned to make sure Highlands got the best coach available and not Ryle.

Clearly a true Conspiracy.
Woolf received the 1st ever Asst Coach of the year award from the NKAC last night.
Should give him a nice boost to have the NKAC backing him as he pursues the Ryle Job.
I have been told by two people close to the situation the job has already been narrowed down to 3 candidates but will not be official till JAN 6th.

According to the source #1 candidate is the ST. X (Cincy) Coach.
reportedly has been involved in an ongoing scandal with an affair with his secretary that now involves a child.
We all know that doesn't end well at a catholic school even though they have been trying to sweep it under the rug it looks like it isn't going to end so well for him.

Steve Spect to Ryle???

I honestly don't see it happening as rumor says Urban Meyer his former coach wants him as an asst at OSU.
Just curious why the Ryle bunch would want him if he is already in a scandal at present school with that type of magnitude. Who are some other candidates for the position. Could Bill Letton form Lex Cath want to come north. I know he had a number of years in the public school setting and maybe would want to get back on the Public retirement system? Whoever gets it is going to have talent that is for sure.
Cooper just gladly hired a girls bb coach involved in a catholic school scandal. As long as stuff is between consenting adults, I don't believe a public school would take issue.
^ Coaches are there to win games. He did something wrong yes but it wasn't against the law so a public school will give him a "second chance".

Plus he's a Coach of the Year a national Award. Id be willing to turn my head for that.
I was told Coach could be announced within the next 3 weeks.

I have heard Bellevue's Coach put in an application from a reliable source but I was told they have quiet a few applicants and have not started interviews.
Specht Rumors not looking good for Ryle...
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/foot...eve-specht
Hope Wolfe gets the nod if he applied. Coach Wolfe is a great person that cares about each and every player. His intensity is incredible. Loyalty of past players that I have met is off the charts. Developing young men for success in life is as much if not more important than developing the player to win the game. Wolf excelled at both. Though I would prefer Wolfe left Ryle and joined my son's high school staff for selfish reasons, Wolfe is a can't miss selection.
I agree NKYFAN.

I have heard multiple rumors that Woolf will be Recieving the job the only other name I have seriously heard is Bill Letton.

I was told Babik is back in charge of the offseason Program which is excellent as the family is highly thought of through the Ryle community and would be back involved with the program if Woolf is chosen.

I have also heard Mike Parker is the clear cut choice for OC if this is the case. That in my opinion will have a huge affect on this offense and will be a complete 180 of last year. Parker is a proven offensive mind. What he could do with England at reciever would make any QB a superstar in this program.

I have heard Harden would be elevated to DC as well. Even though I'm sure Woolf will be calling the plays still.

My vote is Woolf as I'm sure a majority of the Community's is. I would compare Woolfe to A Mike Zimmer character he's turned down numerous HC jobs as well documented by these sites. It's his time and I would love to see him get a chance.

If it is not him it must be a proven coach that can deal with the pressure of some of the whiniest parents in Northern Kentucky.
I've posted before that parents should support their coach and what he is trying to build up. Anything short of this completely undermines the commitment of the kids to the coach, the program, the team and their team mates.

Whiny parents should identify what their kids need to do to get better, make a plan to help their kid get better, and encourage their kid to understand that they control their own actions, ie how hard they work in the off-season, how hard they pay attention to their coach to learn the system and avoid mental mistakes, how they respond to adversity (blaming others by yelling at team mates) or "Man UP", encourage their team mate, do their own responsibility at full speed and effort on every play.

There is no place in a winning program for whiny parents.

Good luck to the next Ryle HC. Hope it's Woolf.
Woolf has never turned down a HC job because he has never been offered one before.

Woolf has interviewed for the Ryle job, Dave Wirth also interviewed this past week for the Ryle job.
Ok - sure.
mason Wrote:Woolf has never turned down a HC job because he has never been offered one before.

Woolf has interviewed for the Ryle job, Dave Wirth also interviewed this past week for the Ryle job.

Say it ain't so. Could there be unrest in Park Hills or is Wirth seeking a raise? Thought they would be whistling Dixie at cchs considering the recent Highlands "transition," and opportunity to get a leg up on the Birds.

This is turning into a bit of a soap opera. Any news as to when they will announce the new HC?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
mason Wrote:Woolf has never turned down a HC job because he has never been offered one before.

Woolf has turned them down.

I don't see Wirth as a fit either, I heard there was an absolute ton of applicants but only a select few choose for interview.

Spirit100 Wrote:Say it ain't so. Could there be unrest in Park Hills or is Wirth seeking a raise? Thought they would be whistling Dixie at cchs considering the recent Highlands "transition," and opportunity to get a leg up on the Birds.

This is turning into a bit of a soap opera. Any news as to when they will announce the new HC?

Ok - I'll say it ain't so. Absolute baloney.
Spirit100 Wrote:Say it ain't so. Could there be unrest in Park Hills or is Wirth seeking a raise? Thought they would be whistling Dixie at cchs considering the recent Highlands "transition," and opportunity to get a leg up on the Birds.

Now spirit, I am surprised at you! Were you aware that Wirth applied for the Dixie job?
Pick6 Wrote:Now spirit, I am surprised at you! Were you aware that Wirth applied for the Dixie job?

Thank God Dixie hires Dave Brossart then Confusednicker:. Dixie has a much brighter future ahead of it with Coach Brossart at the helm. Thank you to cchs for making "other arrangements."

As for Wirth interviewing for the Ryle position that boloney may need to be fried or complimented with mustard. A couple "sources" have echoed this took place. Yes it may be a rumor, and yes it could be true. If true and I'm the cchs ad I'm having a sit down with my HC to id where his heads at.

Don't sweat it blue dad, if Wirth were to catch you all off guard with an unexpected departure, there would be no shortage of very good coaches to carry the cchs program forward.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi