Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A-Rod - Why is he getting suspended??????
I don't think I have ever understood this whole debacle of A-Rod and his suspension for use of Steroids! OK, he took steroids and he has even admitted to it - SO WHAT!!! Why should he be suspended? There is going to be a preponderance of proof that he took steroids in this latest Florida case. But why is he being suspended?

A-Rod has never ever tested positive for steroids - EVER! So, based on the rules of baseball, he has been guilty of nothing based on the rules put in place to govern the drug use in the MLB! So, why is he being suspended?

I won't profess to be a Law major (Maybe OTH can weigh in on this from a legal standpoint), but Because someone admits guilt to illegally driving while impaired, or admits to smoking Pot or talking illegal drugs, you cannot be found guilty unless caught with or tested positively with the substance. Neither of which has happened with A-Rod, so, help me again - Why should A-Rod be suspended for a single game????
^
I think they ought to just let them do whatever they want.
It might make baseball more exciting.

Even if there nuts shrink and they have a heart attack at 50, its on them.
As long as the drugs are legal, I agree completely!
^
Thats a good point.
Thats like telling me i cant drink smoke cigs. If its legal, i dont see a problem.
Mainly cause Bud Selig doesn't like A-Rod. He's had a thing for him for years.
I agree 100% SD! They did they same thing to Barry Bonds.

If they pass their Drug Screenings, why should it even matter?

It's what PN said. Selig don't like him. Selig has proven his dislike for MANY players during his reign as a POWER abusive Commissioner from day one.

Of course, I am VERY biased with my opinion, when it comes to Selig. I am a Pete Rose fan...lol.

But, back to topic. NO, I don't think he or ANY player should be suspended with out a possitive Drug Test. I think it is ludicrous, the amount of money they are spending on these investigations. Just because someone is a known associate of someone.

And these so called Baseball Writers....PLEASE. The only reason they are writers. Is because they were the kids on the bench during Little League, getting only their Mandatory Play Time. They were pissed off at the guys who were ahead of them and still pissed off about it, using their "Baseball Writer" """POWER""", to determine these guys fates when it comes to the HOF! Quit freakin crying and get over yourselves! If a player puts the numbers up to get in and he has never failed any of the "Leagues Test". Put them in! Hell...the HOF is full of Drunks, Druggies and Womanizers already.

LOL...See what you made me do SD...LOL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ That was awesome OTH. Great post!
Thank You...:thanks:

I'm a touchy person when it comes to the game of Baseball....lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Number 1 reason: New York Yankees don't want to pay him 28 million for his remaining contract. They are helping MLB destroy Arods image...