Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Cov Cath - Regional Final (11/22/13)
Best of luck to both teams tonight for a hard fought, injury free game. I will be rooting for Highlands but beating a great team twice in one season is almost always harder than expected.
Bob Seger Wrote:Blau, you honestly wouldn't know mad if it slapped you in the face... There has only been one poster on here that I have genuinely been mad at, and that was a fellow JC poster, and I promise you that was no act...I have toyed and played you and a few of your buddies like a drum for almost 2 weeks now and you just cant figure it out.....There honestly is no challenge to yanking your chain.

You have become what you hate. You have the thinnest skin and get your feelings hurt easier than anyone else here. You use ad hominem attacks to cover up your lack of intellectual ability to discuss high school football.

I don't care enough about you or what you think to let you get under my skin. You might want to learn a little about football and then come back with positive contributions to the discussions.
charlie22 Wrote:I direct your attention to last year. We blew out CovCath in the regular season and really, really struggled against them in the playoffs.

Both times we beat Cov Cath by two touchdowns last year, should have been more. Both times they scored first on us. I do, however, remember when we allowed them to dink and dunk two years ago which led to us just hanging on to beat them 42-37. That was in the regular season, and we waxed them 49-14 in the playoffs. This year they won't present that challenge. If they try that dink and dunk, it'll feel like 2008 all over again for Cov Cath.
WideRight05 Wrote:Both times we beat Cov Cath by two touchdowns last year, should have been more. Both times they scored first on us. I do, however, remember when we allowed them to dink and dunk two years ago which led to us just hanging on to beat them 42-37. That was in the regular season, and we waxed them 49-14 in the playoffs. This year they won't present that challenge. If they try that dink and dunk, it'll feel like 2008 all over again for Cov Cath.
You are going to have some neighbors in Ft. Thomas who will be very disappointed in how this game gos tonight.
WideRight05 Wrote:Both times we beat Cov Cath by two touchdowns last year, should have been more. Both times they scored first on us. I do, however, remember when we allowed them to dink and dunk two years ago which led to us just hanging on to beat them 42-37. That was in the regular season, and we waxed them 49-14 in the playoffs. This year they won't present that challenge. If they try that dink and dunk, it'll feel like 2008 all over again for Cov Cath.

True about the margin of victory in both games, but as you know margins of victory often don't tell the true story. In the first game we ran the ball down CovCath's throat and the game was really never in doubt. Wirth was quoted in the paper the next day to the effect of: "Highlands came out, lined up, knocked us off the ball and ran it down our throats" (my wife had tee shirts made up with his quote on them because she liked it so much). It really wasn't much of a game.

In the playoff game, CovCath did a great job with it's defensive adjustments and we had a much more difficult time running the ball. I was concerned about the outcome of the playoff game until it was about over.

I remember those games vividly as my nephew was the starting center for Highlands last year.

Trust me, I hope you are absolutely correct in thinking that we'll beat CovCath easily, but I don't think that will be the case.
A lot of love between two old rivals meeting again.
Blau Vogel Wrote:You have become what you hate. You have the thinnest skin and get your feelings hurt easier than anyone else here. You use ad hominem attacks to cover up your lack of intellectual ability to discuss high school football.

I don't care enough about you or what you think to let you get under my skin. You might want to learn a little about football and then come back with positive contributions to the discussions.

:biglmao:

I'm sitting here drawing you a picture and you still aint getting it...There are people that know exactly what I'm doing to you and I'll just let you know, behind the scenes they are laughing their hind ends off at how dumb you really are.. We are exchanging PM's and emails, them saying "do this and see how he reacts", and I'll say "well watch this one"....AND THEY ALL WORK, EVERY SINGLE TIME...There are several people in on this Blue Boy, I'm just the front guy. Evidently some people feel I'm just a natural born smart elleck, and I can do this better than they can.Confusednicker:...This statement by you just adds more fuel to the fire as to the entertainment value of the scam..I'll bet that right now some of the other insiders are really rolling in the floor after this last comment by you...

The reason why you are such a easy target is because you have no sense of humor and well, your just like a couple of others on here, your little lives revolve around a bunch of little kids playing a game. It's not a community pride thing for some of you, it's a life consuming compulsion.....Some of you people really need help...lol

Hey Buddy, I'm gonna try this one more time and I'm going to just come right out and tell you and maybe you'll get it this time. It's been fun the last couple of weeks, but now it's got to the point that it's really starting to get boring and I'm spending waaaay too much time on this, so here goes.. IT'S AN ACT.......Are you listening to me, Blue Boy ?? Blue Boy, one more time, IT'S ALL 100% AN ACT!! (except for sstack, that is).If you're still not understanding it, please get one of your buddies to sit down and explain it all to you...

Geez O pete, what a moron....:HitWall:
Bob Seger Wrote::biglmao:

I'm sitting here drawing you a picture and you still aint getting it...There are people that know exactly what I'm doing to you and I'll just let you know, behind the scenes they are laughing their hind ends off at how dumb you really are.. We are exchanging PM's and emails, them saying "do this and see how he reacts", and I'll say "well watch this one"....AND THEY ALL WORK, EVERY SINGLE TIME...There are several people in on this Blue Boy, I'm just the front guy. Evidently some people feel I'm just a natural born smart elleck, and I can do this better than they can.Confusednicker:...This statement by you just adds more fuel to the fire as to the entertainment value of the scam..I'll bet that right now some of the other insiders are really rolling in the floor after this last comment by you...

The reason why you are such a easy target is because you have no sense of humor and well, your just like a couple of others on here, your little lives revolve around a bunch of little kids playing a game. It's not a community pride thing for some of you, it's a life consuming compulsion.....Some of you people really need help...lol

Hey Buddy, I'm gonna try this one more time and I'm going to just come right out and tell you and maybe you'll get it this time. It's been fun the last couple of weeks, but now it's got to the point that it's really starting to get boring and I'm spending waaaay too much time on this, so here goes.. IT'S AN ACT.......Are you listening to me, Blue Boy ?? Blue Boy, one more time, IT'S ALL 100% AN ACT!! (except for sstack, that is).If you're still not understanding it, please get one of your buddies to sit down and explain it all to you...

How could I be so blind? Now that you pulled out your crayons and drew me that picture, I get it!

You've only been ACTING like you were stupid...you are clearly an intelectual giant simply letting others control you.

You are the little kid down the street that isn't real bright that the other kids get to do stupid crap so they can laugh at him...now I get it.
^^
:Thumbs:

Anytime you need a front man to be a real douche, think of our Bob Seger!!
:1::bigeyed:
All should remember that CovCath is the second best team in Class 4-A. This game is for the state championship. Fort Thomas, as usual, will win. However,I'll be rooting for CovCath. I certainly support Fort Thomas. However, I support CovCath just a little more.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
:Thumbs:

Anytime you need a front man to be a real douche, think of our Bob Seger!!
:1::bigeyed:

I'm like Blue Boy here Granny, I'm not sure that with that comment, if you are sayin good stuff or bad stuff.....Confusednicker:
Good stuff, Bob Seger...always....good stuff!!

Wink

Since I was one of the ones PMing, I just didn't want you to take all the heat.
Blau Vogel Wrote:How could I be so blind? Now that you pulled out your crayons and drew me that picture, I get it!

You've only been ACTING like you were stupid...you are clearly an intelectual giant simply letting others control you.

You are the little kid down the street that isn't real bright that the other kids get to do stupid crap so they can laugh at him...now I get it.

And just how did I know you wouldn't be like all the rest of us and be able to laugh at yourself after a good ribbin!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Good stuff, Bob Seger...always....good stuff!!

Wink

You would really be surprised at who some of the others were that wanted to get their two cents worth in too Granny..One was even a claimed to be Highlands fan.....Ole Blue Boy and fbfan4life (in particular) have had quite an audience and never suspected a thing the whole time...:devilflam

:Clap:
To be honest with you, I got a couple myself!! No HHS fans, but one surprise.
Bob Seger Wrote::biglmao:

???? So I made you mad, you like my posts, You are pulling my leg, You hate me, You like me; you are sounding more and more like a woman; I can't figure you out and have stopped trying. I am on here because I love sports and talking about them. I also love humor, but do not find your post to contain much humor, maybe it is just not my style of humor or maybe your are intellectually superior and your humor is over my head.
Yes, and one I got was a HUGE surprise!!!
Talk about the game being a sell out is crazy. There has not been close to a sellout since the St X game a couple of years ago. Crowds have been small this year too. Between the weather, Highlands being a big favorite to win and Santa House, it will be far from a sell out.
sstack Wrote:???? So I made you mad, you like my posts, You are pulling my leg, You hate me, You like me; you are sounding more and more like a woman; I can't figure you out and have stopped trying. I am on here because I love sports and talking about them. I also love humor, but do not find your post to contain much humor, maybe it is just not my style of humor or maybe your are intellectually superior and your humor is over my head.

Could be all of the above.......Naw, really some things are only funny to some of you guys when you are the ones saying it. Kinda case in point....There is another world out there besides your little world at Fort Thomas Highlands, it's just that some of you guys have never seen it.....You guys do have some really good football teams up there though...:Thumbs:
sstack Wrote:???? So I made you mad, you like my posts, You are pulling my leg, You hate me, You like me; you are sounding more and more like a woman; I can't figure you out and have stopped trying. I am on here because I love sports and talking about them. I also love humor, but do not find your post to contain much humor, maybe it is just not my style of humor or maybe your are intellectually superior and your humor is over my head.

Perhaps if you were a woman, you would understand a little better.
:lmao:
Can you dig it? Wrote:.......But will take a beating. Go Birds.Confusedinglepar
Have to root for the Old Alma Mater :Cheerlead
Granny Bear Wrote:Good stuff, Bob Seger...always....good stuff!!

Wink

If true that you were PMing BS encouraging what I, as a 56 year old adult, consider childish behavior, I'm disappointed in you. It's no where close to the impression I had of you.

I understand and agree that Highlands has some jackwagon fans on here, and if BS wants to exchange tit for tat posts with them jerking their chains, I'm fine with it. But Blau Vogel isn't one of those Highlands fans.
Bob Seger Wrote:Could be all of the above.......Naw, really some things are only funny to some of you guys when you are the ones saying it. Kinda case in point....There is another world out there besides your little world at Fort Thomas Highlands, it's just that some of you guys have never seen it.....You guys do have some really good football teams up there though...:Thumbs:

I have probably been to more places then most on here for HS sports as a fan and as a parent of kids playing; all parts of the state of KY (including JC), West Virginia, NC, Tenn, Indiana, Ohio, Kansas and I am sure I am forgetting some of the other areas I have been to. We also have made friends from all over because of sports ( cross country and track fans get along much better than soccer and football fans!).
sstack Wrote:I have probably been to more places then most on here for HS sports as a fan and as a parent of kids playing; all parts of the state of KY (including JC), West Virginia, NC, Tenn, Indiana, Ohio, Kansas and I am sure I am forgetting some of the other areas I have been to. We also have made friends from all over because of sports ( cross country and track fans get along much better than soccer and football fans!).

Hey don't forget about me sstack. I have been to all BIG 12 school venues. Hahahaha.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey don't forget about me sstack. I have been to all BIG 12 school venues. Hahahaha.

Got to like the fans going all over to watch in person and not just behind a keyboard. Would love to have made some of the trips with you!
charlie22 Wrote:If true that you were PMing BS encouraging what I, as a 56 year old adult, consider childish behavior, I'm disappointed in you. It's no where close to the impression I had of you.

I understand and agree that Highlands has some jackwagon fans on here, and if BS wants to exchange tit for tat posts with them jerking their chains, I'm fine with it. But Blau Vogel isn't one of those Highlands fans.

charlie22, I am not a lawyer, and find it difficult to argue or answer to you about my behavior, because I am not nearly as articulate as you. I also resent, to a point, having been put on the spot to do so in defending myself. I don't know Blau Vogel from a load of coal, and absolutely did not encourage a personal attack on him.

The PMs I gave to Seger were about getting the HHS fans off subject, and how easy it was to do that. It was all meant in fun and enjoyment of this week's game in the play offs. The PMs I received encouraging the personal attacks (one of which I was quite surprised to receive) were totally ignored by me.

I trust this has satisfactorily explained my Private Messages to you.

We all have jackwagon fans on this site, some we tolerate, some we exchange with and some we ignore. I feel as if I need to ask you for a list of those to whom I can or cannot speak.

You may be a 56 year old adult, but you are coming across as a parent chastising their 63 year old daughter. I might remind you that I did not stoop to name calling, i.e. Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

I am finished with this thread; and sincerely apologize for any feelings I may have hurt.

Good luck tonight, and I really hope this is an injury free game.
charlie22 Wrote:True about the margin of victory in both games, but as you know margins of victory often don't tell the true story. In the first game we ran the ball down CovCath's throat and the game was really never in doubt. Wirth was quoted in the paper the next day to the effect of: "Highlands came out, lined up, knocked us off the ball and ran it down our throats" (my wife had tee shirts made up with his quote on them because she liked it so much). It really wasn't much of a game.

In the playoff game, CovCath did a great job with it's defensive adjustments and we had a much more difficult time running the ball. I was concerned about the outcome of the playoff game until it was about over.

I remember those games vividly as my nephew was the starting center for Highlands last year.

Trust me, I hope you are absolutely correct in thinking that we'll beat CovCath easily, but I don't think that will be the case.

I like you Charlie, you take the high road for those of us who aren't afraid to take the low road. If I remember right, didn't Drew throw for around 300 on Cov Cath the first time this year? I feel like we can do whatever we want to this team. Cov Cath did make some solid adjustments last year, but we were able to throw the ball at will.
^ Don't apologize Granny. Nor do you need to defend yourself. The same people who was involved in getting way off topic in the other thread are the same who are involved in this one. Even though they are the very same ones asking to stay on topic.
sstack Wrote:Got to like the fans going all over to watch in person and not just behind a keyboard. Would love to have made some of the trips with you!

The best venue that I have ever played. Darrel Royal stadium ( Texas ) and The Palace on thr Prairie ( Oklahoma ).. What a sight bro. Any how, back to FT Highlands/ Cov Cath game. Hope for the best between these 2 juggernaut powerhouse. I'll be down here cheering on Lex Cath and hope to see either the Birds or the Colonels fans down here next week.
Granny Bear Wrote:charlie22, I am not a lawyer, and find it difficult to argue or answer to you about my behavior, because I am not nearly as articulate as you. I also resent, to a point, having been put on the spot to do so in defending myself. I don't know Blau Vogel from a load of coal, and absolutely did not encourage a personal attack on him.

The PMs I gave to Seger were about getting the HHS fans off subject, and how easy it was to do that. It was all meant in fun and enjoyment of this week's game in the play offs. The PMs I received encouraging the personal attacks (one of which I was quite surprised to receive) were totally ignored by me.

I trust this has satisfactorily explained my Private Messages to you.

We all have jackwagon fans on this site, some we tolerate, some we exchange with and some we ignore. I feel as if I need to ask you for a list of those to whom I can or cannot speak.

You may be a 56 year old adult, but you are coming across as a parent chastising their 63 year old daughter. I might remind you that I did not stoop to name calling, i.e. Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.

I am finished with this thread; and sincerely apologize for any feelings I may have hurt.

Good luck tonight, and I really hope this is an injury free game.

Granny, we all form impressions of people based upon the way they conduct themselves on here. Sometimes the impressions are correct; sometimes they are wrong. But they are often all we have to work with.

A review of Blau Vogel's posts prior to BS playing his game would indicate/should indicate that he's not some arrogant, bombastic Highlands fan who runs down fans and players of other programs. There simply is no reason for BS to playing games with Blau.

You don't need to ask me for permission to do anything. You have the right to post whatever you want. But remember, I likewise have the right to express my displeasure with what you post.

Thank you for the explanation of your PMs. That makes me feel better because I was thinking I had developed the wrong impression of you.

I just don't, for the life of me, understand why people like jerking other people's chains or posting things just to stir the pot or to get under people's skin.

It just results in a degradation of the quality of posts on here. Instead of talking about a football game, it's a bunch of silly insults and name calling back and forth.

Hell, I pretty much have quit posting on BGP because the site was allowing more and more childish behavior over there.

So perhaps it's just me and I should find another use of my time instead of trying to add meaningful information when I can.

All the best; have a great Thanksgiving with your family; and thanks for the wishes of good luck.