Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs. Cov Cath - Regional Final (11/22/13)
This entire thread and site is chock full of jackasses highlands fans included.
Cov Cath 28 highlands 24
Including the post above.:dontthink
charlie22 Wrote:Granny, we all form impressions of people based upon the way they conduct themselves on here. Sometimes the impressions are correct; sometimes they are wrong. But they are often all we have to work with.

A review of Blau Vogel's posts prior to BS playing his game would indicate/should indicate that he's not some arrogant, bombastic Highlands fan who runs down fans and players of other programs. There simply is no reason for BS to playing games with Blau.

You don't need to ask me for permission to do anything. You have the right to post whatever you want. But remember, I likewise have the right to express my displeasure with what you post.

Thank you for the explanation of your PMs. That makes me feel better because I was thinking I had developed the wrong impression of you.

I just don't, for the life of me, understand why people like jerking other people's chains or posting things just to stir the pot or to get under people's skin.

It just results in a degradation of the quality of posts on here. Instead of talking about a football game, it's a bunch of silly insults and name calling back and forth.

Hell, I pretty much have quit posting on BGP because the site was allowing more and more childish behavior over there.

So perhaps it's just me and I should find another use of my time instead of trying to add meaningful information when I can.

All the best; have a great Thanksgiving with your family; and thanks for the wishes of good luck.

My My My, how important we get to feelin when we marry well.....Charlie , you just don't get it either.....It is the arrogance that you purvey that causes most people to despise HHS fans....Just who do you really think you are anyways that your opinion is so high and mighty ? What Granny really should have told you to do is to shove your almighty opinion where the sun don't shine!!!

Gosh, but isn't it soooo very important that everybody behave in just the manner that you think we all should....It's all about "ARROGANCE" Chuck....That's what it's all about...You may not go the route as some of your other cohorts but in your own little way , you are far worst than what they ever could imagine being..

It's just like I have told you and SS before, I've made in this world, and have been blessed to do pretty darn well, and get this, I've done it without the first ounce of help from anyone from Fort Thomas Highlands....

Really I don't give a rats patooty what you think about anything at all, but what you have done in your attempt to chastise is prove the point that so many others have agreed with....

Now how 'bout them birds?....I'm gonna say HHS by 21.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey don't forget about me sstack. I have been to all BIG 12 school venues. Hahahaha.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, We've heard the story before.....You're not sharp enough to figure out that when a guy has to get on here and puff his chest out and brag about his own exploits that he is falling right in line with what this has been all about...You're another cat that thinks that he is all that and more....Thanks for making my point so easy to prove..Like I said "CornHusker" you may have had the biggest audience of all of people getting to watch a jackass in action...Confusednicker
Highlands - 42
Covington Catholic - 28
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:^ Don't apologize Granny. Nor do you need to defend yourself. The same people who was involved in getting way off topic in the other thread are the same who are involved in this one. Even though they are the very same ones asking to stay on topic.

That's exactly right, it's alright when they come into a thread and wreck them...If you do, you get Chuck all upset...
Bob Seger Wrote:My My My, how important we get to feelin when we marry well.....Charlie , you just don't get it either.....It is the arrogance that you purvey that causes most people to despise HHS fans....Just who do you really think you are anyways that your opinion is so high and mighty ?

Gosh, but isn't it soooo very important that everybody behave in just the manner that you think we all should....It's all about "ARROGANCE" Chuck....That's what it's all about...You may not go the route as some of your other cohorts but in your own little way , you are far worst than what they ever could imagine being..

It's just like I have told you and SS before, I've made in this world, and have been blessed to do pretty darn well, and get this, I've done it without the first ounce of help from anyone from Fort Thomas Highlands....

Really I don't give a rats patooty what you think about anything at all, but what you have done in your attempt to chastise is prove the point that so many others have agreed with....

Now how 'bout them birds?....I'm gonna say HHS by 21.

Why thank you. I did marry well. Beautiful gal too. Fantastic Mother to our two sons. I'm very proud of her.

I think the game will be closer than that but I'd be happy with a 21 point win; heck, I'll be happy with a 1 point win.
charlie22 Wrote:Why thank you. I did marry well. Beautiful gal too. Fantastic Mother to our two sons. I'm very proud of her.

I think the game will be closer than that but I'd be happy with a 21 point win; heck, I'll be happy with a 1 point win.

As you should be.....
48 - 30 Highlands
These two teams have combined for over 50% (28 in 54 years) of the state championships in their respective class. No matter which team is in an up year or down year, neither team ever takes the other lightly, as this game usually decides the ring bearer.

I would like to see a running clock in favor of the Birds about 8 minutes into the first quarter, but like Charlie said, I'll take a 1 point victory.
FBfan4life Wrote:The best venue that I have ever played. Darrel Royal stadium ( Texas ) and The Palace on thr Prairie ( Oklahoma ).. What a sight bro. Any how, back to FT Highlands/ Cov Cath game. Hope for the best between these 2 juggernaut powerhouse. I'll be down here cheering on Lex Cath and hope to see either the Birds or the Colonels fans down here next week.

I am cheering for Mercer Co. just because it is a team Highlands has never played before and I love to meet new teams.
sstack Wrote:I am cheering for Mercer Co. just because it is a team Highlands has never played before and I love to meet new teams.

Same here sstack. Surprised by the upset of Boyle County.

Sort of bummed because I am having Internet problems at my house (stupid charter communications) and may not be able to listen to the game. May have to go find a coffee shop with WiFi tonight. Go birds!

(I hope that this did not sound all high and mighty and arrogant to BS and offend him. If so, I apologize and will make amends some how. Maybe cut off a finger Yakuza style?)
Frozenbird Wrote:Same here sstack. Surprised by the upset of Boyle County.

Sort of bummed because I am having Internet problems at my house (stupid charter communications) and may not be able to listen to the game. May have to go find a coffee shop with WiFi tonight. Go birds!

(I hope that this did not sound all high and mighty and arrogant to BS and offend him. If so, I apologize and will make amends some how. Maybe cut off a finger Yakuza style?)

I was also.
I remember when this used to be one of the best matchups in Greater Cincinnati. Oh how the times have changed
[quote=Frozenbird]Same here sstack. Surprised by the upset of Boyle County.

(I hope that this did not sound all high and mighty and arrogant to BS and offend him. If so, I apologize and will make amends some how. Maybe cut off a finger Yakuza style?)[/QUOTE]

No not really FB....As I mentioned in a post earlier I think you are one of the good guys, and for the most part Charlie is too.....It's just that constant barrage of arrogance really gets old.....I think we all saw that in Charlie's recent berating of Granny over his "perception"..You know, who does one think he really is to do that? . As for the perception of myself, I could care less..
I'll be happy with a one point Highlands win.

Go Birds!!
Someone is still upset about their team not playing this Friday night I see.
I don't have a team, if it is me you are referring to.
Three hours to Kick Off. Another game in this lopsided rivalry. Expect some points for CCH based on improvements through the season. Also HHS defense is not the defense it has been in the past years. A lot of points given up by the Birds. The better team will win tonight. Hope for no serious injuries. No matter who wins this one, this years 4A STATE CHAMP is playing tonight.
NKY Fan Wrote:Three hours to Kick Off. Another game in this lopsided rivalry. Expect some points for CCH based on improvements through the season. Also HHS defense is not the defense it has been in the past years. A lot of points given up by the Birds. The better team will win tonight. Hope for no serious injuries. No matter who wins this one, this years 4A STATE CHAMP is playing tonight.

Easy nkyfan, that is why the games are played and are so one game at a time. Don't get too far ahead of yourself, is just a good approach towards living life.

Be mindful and enjoy the moment! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
At the game. 30 yard line Cov Cath side. Of press box. Next to guy in 49ers hoodie