•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Raceland 11/22 Region Championship
Pikeville could be the best team in the east.. Not a big surprise if they win. But Raceland seems to have the best individual players. Haven't seen either team play but sounds like a great match up.
This one could be a classic.
Pikeville has a big time offense.

Pikeville- 48
Raceland- 30
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Pikeville could be the best team in the east.. Not a big surprise if they win. But Raceland seems to have the best individual players. Haven't seen either team play but sounds like a great match up.

You'll certainly get your money's worth if you see this one. Hate for you to see a good Raceland team get beat, but still will be the best game in the East during the playoffs. :popcorn:
Pikeville's offense scores more than Raceland's offense, but Raceland's defense gives up less points than Pikeville's defense. In the last 6 meetings, neother team has won on the road. The strength of schedule competition goes to Pikeville, imo. Dead even, other than Belfry, I dont think Ashland would have beaten the Pirates this year.

If Raceland doesn't turn the ball over(which they havent done alot of this year), they will win. Raceland's defense will come up with a couple stops, like they did in the Fairview game.
If Raceland turns the ball over and Pikeville's offense gets enough chances, it could be a long night for the Rams.

As of now the weather is calling for 40s and rain...gotta love Nov football. The winner of this game should, imo, wi the East if everyone comes out healthy. Can not wait for this ball game. Imo these are the two best Single A teams either team has seen this year.
^ also, Raceland has given up very little pts in the redzone this year. They r very tough inside the 20 yard line.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Pikeville's offense scores more than Raceland's offense, but Raceland's defense gives up less points than Pikeville's defense. In the last 6 meetings, neother team has won on the road. The strength of schedule competition goes to Pikeville, imo. Dead even, other than Belfry, I dont think Ashland would have beaten the Pirates this year.

If Raceland doesn't turn the ball over(which they havent done alot of this year), they will win. Raceland's defense will come up with a couple stops, like they did in the Fairview game.
If Raceland turns the ball over and Pikeville's offense gets enough chances, it could be a long night for the Rams.

As of now the weather is calling for 40s and rain...gotta love Nov football. The winner of this game should, imo, wi the East if everyone comes out healthy. Can not wait for this ball game. Imo these are the two best Single A teams either team has seen this year.

Gotta agree with you on this one Scotty, with Hazard coming in as a close 2nd,imo.
^^yea. Really, its tough to compare these two teams. One is very explosive offensively and has played enough defense to win all but 1 of their ball games.

The other is a good offense with good ballance, that has been explosive at times and has a defense that has proven to be very hard to score on in the redzone as well has having a knack for putting points on the board.

It comes down to time of possession and the battle in the trenches. Raceland has the ability to do both. Thats why I am pickig them to win. But nothing about this game could possibly suprise me.
Hazard is a close 2nd, but not too close imo. Only thing keeping them close is Dixon never loses at home.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^ also, Raceland has given up very little pts in the redzone this year. They r very tough inside the 20 yard line.

Pikeville has scored a bunch of points before,and after they happen to be in the red zone :eyeroll:
gonna be a good game
Bgrfan12 Wrote:This one could be a classic.
Pikeville has a big time offense.

Pikeville- 48
Raceland- 30

Maybe so, but I seriously doubt they're going to hang 48 points on the Rams. This isn't South Floyd, Sheldon Clark, or Phelps.

If they do, I'll take my crow with extra BBQ sauce. :biggrin:
Pikeville brings something to the table that Raceland has not faced all year. They can run very well and throw very well, AND the QB can hurt you with his running also. Pikeville will put up enough points to win. If it rains a whole bunch all bets are off.
Rams by eleventy billion.
Raceland 47-Pikeville 7
I just watched some of the Beach kids highlight films on YouTube.. He is a beast.
No way this game is decided by 14 or more points either way. November and December Pikeville teams are completely different and this is a Raceland team that has yet to play its best game, especially on the offensive side of the ball. As mentioned becore, if it rains all bets are off. But cold and rainy weather should beneft the rams. Especially on real grass, rather than turf.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:No way this game is decided by 14 or more points either way. November and December Pikeville teams are completely different and this is a Raceland team that has yet to play its best game, especially on the offensive side of the ball. As mentioned becore, if it rains all bets are off. But cold and rainy weather should beneft the rams. Especially on real grass, rather than turf.

I saw November Pikeville and I think The Ams win by at least two TDs.
This is just like last year. Raceland is clearly the better team period. I don't care what the spikeville fans say. The big question is what Raceland team shows up to play the game? If it's the Raceland team that showed up to play Fairview then Pikeville doesn't stand a chance. If it's the Raceland team that showed up to Play Ashland and Lawrence then Pikeville will probably win.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=146759

It's deja vu all over again.

Somethings gotta give:

-Raceland wins their first Regional Title or
-The Road team finally gets a W in this series.
^agreed. Since the loss to LC Raceland has had a different head on their shoulders. That first game against Paintsville, could have REALLY shaken up the district. Coming off the win over Fairview. But stronger heads prevailed and even though we were flat at times offensively, our defense showed up. Ironton was really tough upfront, big, strong, fast. Still, our oline and dline owned the los. Offensively, Ironton couldnt do anything to move the ball. Fairview probably had the most over all speed we have see all season, yet we were still able to stretch them out without stacking the box. When our front four on on their game, thy are almost enough to stop the run game. Pikeville's success will have to come through the air.
^was inteded for ram-a-devils post
Panther Thunder Wrote:http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=146759

It's deja vu all over again.

Somethings gotta give:

-Raceland wins their first Regional Title or
-The Road team finally gets a W in this series.

I hear what your saying. Its nearly the same thread lol. One big differece in this year and last year is what this team did in the offseason. Last year there wasnt a strong senior leader. This year they have about 10. Particularly the linemen. This is a much different team. Last year if they got down by 10 or more pts, they folded. Not been the fase this year. They shoukd have lost to LC by 3 or 4 scores w the way they played. But they managed to work their way back into a shot at winning. They just ran out of time.
FBALL Wrote:I saw November Pikeville and I think The Ams win by at least two TDs.

Your opinion and a dollar gets you a cup of coffee...maybe. You probably know less about these two teams than anyone else on this thread. Pikeville and Raceland have met 4 times in the last 2+ years. How many of those did you see? How many times have you seen Raceland play this year? Sorry, just don't think your knowledge/opinion counts for much in this thread.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^agreed. Since the loss to LC Raceland has had a different head on their shoulders. That first game against Paintsville, could have REALLY shaken up the district. Coming off the win over Fairview. But stronger heads prevailed and even though we were flat at times offensively, our defense showed up. Ironton was really tough upfront, big, strong, fast. Still, our oline and dline owned the los. Offensively, Ironton couldnt do anything to move the ball. Fairview probably had the most over all speed we have see all season, yet we were still able to stretch them out without stacking the box. When our front four on on their game, thy are almost enough to stop the run game. Pikeville's success will have to come through the air.

You are kidding yourself. Pikeville will run the ball very well on Raceland.
Doesn't matter what you think to me. You just don't like that I think the Ams are better. Sorry it's not personal.
FBALL Wrote:I saw November Pikeville and I think The Ams win by at least two TDs.

And here's your prediction before last year's game:
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=16

Confusednicker:
If pikeville has a 14 or more point spread over rams goin into 4th the rams will fold they havn faced an attack like pikeville all year if u havn seen it yet your in for a treat!
This isn't last year.
FBALL Wrote:This isn't last year.

That's what you all said last year.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:And here's your prediction before last year's game:
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=16

Confusednicker:

Judging by both teams talent and the result of the first game his prediction was right on. Not his fault Raceland laid the biggest egg in 1A history.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next