•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 42 Johnson Central 14 final
bluedad1 Wrote:Diogenes- your kind of all over the place with the excuses.
OK- acknowledging that schedule making is at least partially out of Matneys control (being as the out of district teams they want to play also, in turn, want to play JC) there are two clear issues under Matneys control:
1) Style of offense. Sorry, but unless your Cincinnati Colerain and have anything approaching those kind of athletes to run the wishbone, JC isn't going to go farther than they have.
2) Platooning. JC seemed to have enough boys on the sideline to do this (what do they have- 60-70 players?). That game was won on the line. By the middle of the 3rd quarter they were gassed.
Cov Cath has been playing with about 7-9 Soph's almost all year in starting roles or playing starting type minutes due to injury after injury - and they've grabbed the bull by the horns by taking their opportunities and succeeding. You are able to do that when you platoon a team and are able to more quickly develop a young player by dedicating practice time to one position.

Matneys can tell the papers "the boys didn't play well" or "we were just too young"- blah blah blah. He should own up and just say he was out coached.
Were Brossart and Wirth outcoached in 2008, 2009, and 2010, when Covington Catholic lost three times to JC by a combined score of 141 to 74? It is funny how well Matney's offense seemed to work in those games, but suddenly after a couple of wins by the Colonels, we now learn that a team cannot win playing that style of offense.
You have to give JC players credit they had a good season . But reality is the teams from NKY, Louisville, Western KY and the Richmond area are better players . Like I said all season long JC schedule was very weak . Don't give me that they cant find any other teams to play . There are a lot of teams from Western KY, Louisville, NKY, that will play JC .I watched CC last year play JC at home and CC was a lot better up front both sides. I noticed they play a lot of underclassman to. So that we are young up front goes both ways they are young to on the other side of the ball. Bottom line is play a tougher schedule and it will help . The Playoffs are coming . The truth hurts . Different bred of players from NKY,Louisville, Western KY, Richmond Area .
Agree !00%
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Were Brossart and Wirth outcoached in 2008, 2009, and 2010, when Covington Catholic lost three times to JC by a combined score of 141 to 74? It is funny how well Matney's offense seemed to work in those games, but suddenly after a couple of wins by the Colonels, we now learn that a team cannot win playing that style of offense.

What you have here Hoot is one of those pompous buttholes that migrated over to this site from the pricks site when things started going good. Check him and his itemized lists out and you'll see what I'm talking about...This cat's got it down to a science..lol

And we have still yet to hear from this clown about how bad the officiating was last night...He just hasn't gotten to that part yet...But I feel confident it's coming...I know I cant wait..Confusednicker:
honestjchsfan Wrote:The JC starting QB played a really good game, he had a nice run in the 1st half and threw some really nice passes,(2 Dropped TD passes). Before the game I talked with a CC stat guy and we both agreed that the rain was in JC's favor but the game didn't play out that way. #1 ( Who had caught everything threw his way his whole career at JC)dropped 3 passes tonight. For the first time all season the JC kicker didn't put a kickoff into the end zone. I think the rain was the reason. CC won the kicking game. Coach Matney has done so much for JC football I hate to criticize him but IMO the "Belly Read" system has ZERO chance of winning big games against Northern Kentucky teams.

I have to agree!! Great year JC.
"Migrates over"?
Hardly.
I've been a member of this site for a long long while. Signed up maybe 8-9 years ago.
I just don't choose to come on board and blow a lot of hot air about my team before every game. Doesn't make what I said any less true. You want to get into name calling have at it- just confirms what I thought about you and your posts.
Since you brought up officiating- yeah- it was awful.
And Hoot- I will answer your question. Yes- CCH got out coached (and out playered) in those years. Wirth was a new coach with a new scheme and since then, he has implemented what he wants and it's working. I'd say he has pretty much figured out the belly read wouldn't you? So since Matney has not made any adjustments to scheme or personnel (in terms of platooning) then he got out coached.
podunker Wrote:You have to give JC players credit they had a good season . But reality is the teams from NKY, Louisville, Western KY and the Richmond area are better players . Like I said all season long JC schedule was very weak . Don't give me that they cant find any other teams to play . There are a lot of teams from Western KY, Louisville, NKY, that will play JC .I watched CC last year play JC at home and CC was a lot better up front both sides. I noticed they play a lot of underclassman to. So that we are young up front goes both ways they are young to on the other side of the ball. Bottom line is play a tougher schedule and it will help . The Playoffs are coming . The truth hurts . Different bred of players from NKY,Louisville, Western KY, Richmond Area .
The only teams from NKY who have beaten JC in recent seasons have been Highlands and Covington Catholic and JC has split 6 games with the Colonels. Who else besides Highlands has won 50% or more of their games against CovCath over the past 6 years? Nobody.

As for WKY and the "Richmond Area," you have no clue what you are talking about. It is a 6 hour drive by car from Paintsville to Mayfield or Paducah. If you consider Bowling Green as WKY, then it is about a 4-1/2 hr. trip by car. Add some time for a bus load of high school players.

Nobody with any sense is saying that JC cannot find teams that are not afraid to play them. There are valid financial reasons why strong teams from other areas are often unwilling to commit to coming to Paintsville to play a game. JC needs them worse than they need JC.
bluedad1 Wrote:"Migrates over"?
Hardly.
I've been a member of this site for a long long while. Signed up maybe 8-9 years ago.
I just don't choose to come on board and blow a lot of hot air about my team before every game. Doesn't make what I said any less true. You want to get into name calling have at it- just confirms what I thought about you and your posts.
And Hoot- I will answer your question. Yes- CCH got out coached (and out playered) in those years. Wirth was a new coach with a new scheme and since then, he has implemented what he wants and it's working. I'd say he has pretty much figured out the belly read wouldn't you? So since Matney has not made any adjustments to scheme or personnel (in terms of platooning) then he got out coached.

1) 8-9 years ago huh? Sign up date sure doesn't show that, now does it? You're not fibbing, are you?....lol

2) Naw, you do most of that on the other site where you are so popular...lol

3) On the officiating, come now you can do better than that, where's that intricate detail at, over here?...You were so wise and wonderfully expertant over there?...lol

4) Thoughts about me and posts?....I guess you can stand in line, depends on who you talk to...lol

5) New coach, new scheme? Naw, probably had nothing to do with talent of players, and a superior opponent...lol

Shew , that's a whole lotta "lol"ing for a Saturday morning.

Please tell us more, O' knower of all knowledge..:popcorn:

Oh, and please itemize it if you don't care. It's really neat when you do that.
I've been a poster here for 8-9 years. Avatar has changed.

For starters, the just awful pass interference penalty on a perfectly played ball by the DB- then the late hit on the QB where our DE pushed him from behind one half second after releasing- the helmet to helmet call (really- have never seen this called in High School- never mind it wasn't helmet to helmet and certainly no less wrong than numerous hits by JC on CCC players) - facemask penalty called on our one handed DB when his cast brushed over the JC kids helmet in the act of tackling. So yeah- awful.

You don't read too well- I said that JC out coached and OUT PLAYERED CCH back then. But that has a lot to do with developing and evolving with the times.
You know about evolution right? I mean- you're so smart and all considering how much you post.
Diogenes Wrote:We'd love to take eight hour bus trips. Ask Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Lawrence, Breathitt, Pike Central what they're up to. Other than defecating their shorts thinking about getting some of JC. Or Sheldon Clark's sudden attack of pre season butthurt this year, trying to leave us with 9 games. I really enjoyed watching their season, btw, glad it worked out for them! Did they score all year? I'd rather just have winning seasons and district titles. Obviously we are never going to be allowed to win a state title because the KHSAA will always make sure sone small college team is in our way. So I'd rather enjoy playing and beating down local rivals, personally.

Dude you've beat that horse all year long and frankly were all tired of it. Matney is a choke artist always has been always will be. Maybe next year he will import a few more players only to lose in the second round. When you beat ppl by 70 points and try to brake every record possible on weak opponents no one wants to play you. Go out and schedule trinity and and some Louisville and Lexington teams. Playing Sheldon Clark would have done nothing for you. You're starters would have been out in the first quarter. Until you start playing the competiton level of HHS and CC on a regular bases you will never beat them. But Jim likes to go to the state championships and get his plaque for going 10-0 that's all. He knows he can't beat them. I hope he never wins another game.
bluedad1 Wrote:"Migrates over"?
Hardly.
Hey, Einstein, you signed up 3 years ago - in Sept. 2010 to be precise.

Outplayered? If by that, you mean that Johnson Central had more talent and/or experience during those three years, then have you considered the possibility that maybe that was why the Colonels won last night? Dropped passes and interceptions killed JC last night. No matter what offense a team runs, if it is not executed well, then it is not going to be successful. Covington Catholic controlled the line of scrimmage last night, and that is where most games are won or lost.

Bob has you pegged pretty well. The arrogance of fans who think that their "advice" is going to be appreciated by the losing team amazes me. Tell me, in the many times that Highlands has defeated Covington Catholic over the past few years, have you ever suggested that the Colonels need to scrap their entire offensive scheme because they got out coached (must have, they lost didn't they?). I am guessing that you have not.

Great coaches lose games. Occasionally, they get out coached, but only a simpleton would conclude that every time that a team loses, its coach was out coached.
An just to make another point to dick head oh I mean Diogenes we finished the year with 22 kids dressed 5 out to season ending injuries and I'd rather have them than anyone of your kids because although they didnt win a game this year they're winners in my book because they never gave up they battle through a very rough season where many ppl wouldn't have the gumption to suck it up and take one on the chin and keep giving their all to imporove. I'd like too see what you would do getting your head beat in every week I'm sure you'd run an hide somewhere like you do behind this screen name every week. Is like to meet you out somewhere and just beat the crap outta you just bc you're always downing my boys and I'm not abt that. It's not their fault we didn't play this year. You know the true reasons I've stated before and I'm not going to again so grow up and take the loss like a man am quit crying.
bluedad1 Wrote:I've been a poster here for 8-9 years. Avatar has changed.

For starters, the just awful pass interference penalty on a perfectly played ball by the DB- then the late hit on the QB where our DE pushed him from behind one half second after releasing- the helmet to helmet call (really- have never seen this called in High School- never mind it wasn't helmet to helmet and certainly no less wrong than numerous hits by JC on CCC players) - facemask penalty called on our one handed DB when his cast brushed over the JC kids helmet in the act of tackling. So yeah- awful.

You don't read too well- I said that JC out coached and OUT PLAYERED CCH back then. But that has a lot to do with developing and evolving with the times.
You know about evolution right? I mean- you're so smart and all considering how much you post.

1) Avatar changed ? You don't have an avatar..Do you mean you changed your account name? Why would you do something like that? Just a personal opinion here, but I think you're just making that up after you got caught up in one here....lol

2) Gee, you didn't even itemize it for us....Kinda uppity over here, aren't you?...Come on now Bluedaddy, we may be just common folk over here , but for the most part we're a pretty good bunch. It sure would be nice if you would treat us like you do the really awesome guys over there.

3) So you are a Darwinist? Yeah, I know what that means. What's that got to do with a football game?

4) Thanks, I try.

:popcorn:
Surprised by the score, but not the result.
My account changed.

I really don't give a hot crap whether you take advice or not. You didn't find too many CCH folks blowing smoke here or on the other site.
bluedad1 Wrote:My account changed.

I really don't give a hot crap whether you take advice or not. You didn't find too many CCH folks blowing smoke here or on the other site.
You are absolutely correct, and I for one have praised the Covington Catholic fans. If you think predicting the outcome of a game wrong is "blowing smoke," then I guess many of us are guilty as charged. It takes a little more courage to predict game scores and risk being wrong than it does to come out after the game has been decided and proclaim that everything the losing team did was wrong because it is not the way they do things in northern Kentucky. Yes, you are a real stand up guy. :eyeroll:

As for your account changing, that only happens for two reasons. Either you were banned from the website and sneaked back in with a new name or you opened multiple accounts. Or as Bob, suggested, you just exaggerated how long you have been a member and then made up a cover story after the fact. It is really hard to be banned here, BTW.
bluedad1 Wrote:My account changed.

Why would you do that? Were you ashamed of things you posted previously? Come on now it's time to play honest injun!!

:popcorn:
This thread really took a turn for the worse!

JC's offense is fine in many years against many opponents. The only real problem with a run dominant offense is that it's hard to catch up if you get behind. The real issue for JC is that its program began to improve significantly as Highlands started an amazing run. That will end. JC will get its chance.

It wouldn't hurt for JC to play outside of eastern Ky. Highlands travelled 3-4 hours west 2 times this year and will do it again next year. Cov Cath played in Cincinnati for competition. I bet Mueller and Wirth would schedule JC.

Cov Cath and Highlands do have an advantage in terms of having more boys closer to the school. However, and contrary to what some believe, most of the boys come from within the "district." Most Cov Cath players come from the feeder schools within the parish. Most (maybe 85%+) of the Highlands boys have lived in Ft Thomas their entire life. Just watch the video screen before the game when the starters tell what elementary school they went to.
Diogenes Wrote:Next season? Better work on stopping Q. Baker. Maybe we can win a district again, with the game at JC. Highlands wins its 37th straight state title. Good, cause you know, those pricks need more shit to talk about. We'll never have a chance at this rate. Welcome to life in EKY. Can't block a bunch of private school pampered boys? Can't get a yard on 4th down, time and again? We got exactly what we deserved. Nice. I'm sick of it all. Maybe the 8th grade state champion team will have a shot in 4 years, but I am sure Highlands will find the next Cincinnati Tom Brady in the meantime. Doesn't matter what we do or how hard we work. We'll either face a dream team, or choke ourselves out trying to get there, like tonight. Face a team that sandbagged all year and suddenly decided everyone was healthy tonight. It's so much bullshit. One time I'd like an even playing field. One damn time.

Dude. Your are the first Johnson central fan I've heard complain about not having a even playing field. You didn't get beat cause the playing field was uneven you got beat cause of playing a better team. Don't cry about it.
I've been a member of this site for a long time. It makes no difference when you THINK I joined. I only responded to your notion that I "migrated" over here and thus, not new to the site.

I haven't given any advice- only viewpoints and opinions on why JC lost:
1) not having a competent passing game for cases in which they get behind
2) players gassed because they go two ways
...and yes, this game was won on the line of scrimmage.

This isn't coming from a "pompous" set of N Ky eyeballs- anyone with half a brain can see it.
I think JC needs to toughen up their schedule in order to compete with Northern KY school. Maybe Matney can try to schedule Pulaski next year or even Madison Southern. That's not too far of a trip. Maybe an hour and a half drive. Madison Southern's back (Michigan commit 5 star recruit) or even Wayne County would help them get prepared for those good backs they faced last night. Maybe they could schedule a good passing team like Bryan Station or find a good team from Ohio or Tennessee that could give them a similar view of what Cov Cath or Highlands brings.
Atleast JC was ranked number 1 in the mountains for a while!

Thats really all that mattrers.
Ouch! I don't get why EKY never seems to get past any of the NKY teams. You would think it would not be that hard to do
bluedad1 Wrote:I've been a member of this site for a long time. It makes no difference when you THINK I joined. I only responded to your notion that I "migrated" over here and thus, not new to the site.

This isn't coming from a "pompous" set of N Ky eyeballs- anyone with half a brain can see it.
It doesn't require thinking. You have been a member since Sept. 2010 and have posted 81 times. That works out to approximately 2 posts per month. Anybody with half a brain can work out that math.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Atleast JC was ranked number 1 in the mountains for a while!

Thats really all that mattrers.
Why does Blue Grass Rivals make trolls moderators - trolls that do not even write particularly well? I don't understand why a website owner would want moderators insulting large groups of members, but that's just my opinion.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why does Blue Grass Rivals make trolls moderators - trolls that do not even write particularly well? I don't understand why a website owner would want moderators insulting large groups of members, but that's just my opinion.

Confusederved:

Thank you Hoot..... :theman:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why does Blue Grass Rivals make trolls moderators - trolls that do not even write particularly well? I don't understand why a website owner would want moderators insulting large groups of members, but that's just my opinion.

Hoot, apparently, it's not what you know, it's who you know.:biggrin:
bluedad1 Wrote:I've been a member of this site for a long time. It makes no difference when you THINK I joined. I only responded to your notion that I "migrated" over here and thus, not new to the site.

Hey, that's a start. I guess we're getting the condensed version?

Don't sell yourself short bluedaddy!! You da man on that!!!:Thumbs:
[quote=bluedad1]I've been a member of this site for a long time. It makes no difference when you THINK I joined. I only responded to your notion that I "migrated" over here and thus, not new to the site.

This isn't coming from a "pompous" set of N Ky eyeballs- anyone with half a brain can see it.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying it only takes half a brain to post on the other site.....I think we are required to have a full one on this site......Now I can see why you're not fitting in...
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next