Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Clark Teague would be an excellent coach. I personally would love to see him back at Corbin as the head coach. Not only is he a great football mind, he is a class act and first class human being.

Whitley has potential to be a fine job. It's similar to UK football. The program is a sleeping giant but has always seemed to lack the support from the powers that be and coaches may not have had the freedom as they do at other schools. In order for any program to be successful, you have to have administrative support and coach Freedom. I feel that may be why Corbin has slacked off in recent years too. The powers that be are sending their focus away from athletics.

Also like UK, Whitley has the disadvantage of playing in a tougher division. Let's face it, just like UK will not win the SEC, Whitley is not going to win a 5A title. Sure it could happen but I highly doubt we'll see it. That leads me into my next point/question.

A few years ago, I remember hearing that Whitley was looking to build another high school. Whatever happened to that idea? Doing so, it would give the school system a AAA or AAAA Whitley County High School and a A or AA New High school. This would certainly help from a competition stand point. If they ever do build a new school, where would it be located? Rockholds, 92, Towards Jellico, etc?
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by HAROLD - 02-06-2014, 11:13 PM