Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
FormerJacket72 Wrote:When Black first resigned, all heard on here was how great the Whitley job was and how any coach would take it in a heartbeat. What happened? Seems like the tides have gone out to sea. I hope the administration has a list and the fantasy list doesn't become a desperation list. I think they are doing the right thing in taking their time, but of every potential interviewee gets three weeks, maybe dead period will not be enough time.

I think that they could have hired very quickly had they wanted to and been willing to maybe not get a good fit for the school, players, and team. Sure they have taken a lot of time, first with Coach Hilton who has (had) a good job at UPike, now they are courting Coach Lucas who has a good job in a good school system. It is clear that they are going after quality coaches and guys they think will be an asset to the school system.

Whitley has its pros which are many, and like any school has some cons which are few, so the coaches are also trying to find a good fit for them. From the get go, Scott Paul has indicated that he is not going to get into a rush to find the next Coach. It does not matter whether it is tomorrow or next week, you can bet it will be a quality individual and quality coach.

Jim Black is a class act and a quality individual and a great coach, and although not with the program anymore he is a hard act to follow regardless of wins and losses. An Example of this is a conversation I heard, with another coach in another sport, the other coach stated he wanted his kids so scared of him they would kill for him, Coach Black responded I want my kids to love me so much that they would die for me. That being said you have to get a quality guy to replace a first class person like Jim Black. So it is clear they are taking their time.
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by Dietpepsidrinker - 02-06-2014, 08:48 PM