Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
I really think the administration has handled the situation well. They established a criteria for the new head coach it basically was someone who has had successful head coaching experience. Dudley Hilton was contacted and he showed interest in the job. I really fault him for extending the process to long. He lead the administration to believe he was going to take the job up to the time he called and said no. Coach Lucas was contacted next and tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I'm sure Whitley will have his answer by tomorrow. This may not be Coach Lucas NICHE either. If not they will contact next coach on the list.
Texas contacted 5-6 coaches before Charlie Strong. When ask how he felt about being down the list he said he didn't care if he was 50, HE WAS the head coach now.
Whitley will continue to hunt for a coach if Coach Lucas turns the job down and if the list of successful head coaches comes to an end and really good young assistants is added to the list, Bobby Gibbs should be on top of the list.
I'm not sure who the next head coach will be or if it will be announced tomorrow, next week or next month but I will get behind him and support the players.
My question to 64 is simply why don't you explain to us how you would have handled this differently? If your answer is going to be you would have already hired a coach then don't bother because that only means to me you may have settled for someone you didn't really want. Whitley said they wanted a head coach by spring practice. I believe they will have one. :thanks:
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by footballfever - 02-06-2014, 09:42 AM