•  Previous
  • 46(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Sure hope Whitley decides to hire someone sometime before the dead period starts in July. Rolleyes

me too Smile
64SUR Wrote:My inside niche has a rap sheets..kept telling me it was an inside job...never believe a niche...Sound like breaking news to me about Lucas hope he's the man...from 64SUR. :letsparty

My niche is still telling me it's and inside job....just need to stall a little longer. :why:
64SUR Wrote:My niche is still telling me it's and inside job....just need to stall a little longer. :why:

niche:1. a recess in a wall, as for holding a statue or urn 2. a cranny, hollow, or crevice, as in a rock 3. a situation or activity specially suited to a persons interest, abilities or nature.
You probably should expand your vocabulary :flush:
footballfever Wrote:niche:1. a recess in a wall, as for holding a statue or urn 2. a cranny, hollow, or crevice, as in a rock 3. a situation or activity specially suited to a persons interest, abilities or nature.

thanks for doing this so I didn't have to :biglmao:
64SUR Wrote:My niche is still telling me it's and inside job....just need to stall a little longer. :why:

:gtfo:
Is he trying to say snitch?

Mike Holcomb may have left LCC, could he be coming to Whitley?

LCC thread posted.
WhyLie Wrote:Is he trying to say snitch?

LCC thread posted.

Good friends with the AD.
WhyLie Wrote:Is he trying to say snitch?

LCC thread posted.

Confusednicker:
To summerize:

Jim Black Resigns
Dudley Hilton a done deal
Long waiting period
Dudley Hilton rejects WC
Robbie Lucas Interviews
Long waiting period
belittling
questions
sarcasm
rumors
propaganda
Humor
rumors
Still no coach.
Curly Wrote:To summerize:

Jim Black Resigns
Long waiting period
Dudley Hilton rejects WC
Robbie Lucas Interviews
Long waiting period
belittling
questions
sarcasm
rumors
propaganda
Humor
rumors
Still no coach.

they will name a new coach soon enoughSmile
footballfever Wrote:niche:1. a recess in a wall, as for holding a statue or urn 2. a cranny, hollow, or crevice, as in a rock 3. a situation or activity specially suited to a persons interest, abilities or nature.

:dudecomeon: did you look that up in the dictionary thank you..if it makes you happy I will spell it correct from now on snitch fever...I will leave football off since Whitley county is not in a hurry hiring a coach.Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Shame on the administration :Sad04:
pjdoug Wrote:thanks for doing this so I didn't have to :biglmao:

You was the only person who understood me pjdoug...Confusederiously:..but hey it took snitch fever a week. :lmao:
Curly Wrote:To summerize:

Jim Black Resigns
Long waiting period
Dudley Hilton rejects WC
Robbie Lucas Interviews
Long waiting period
belittling
questions
sarcasm

rumors
propaganda
Humor
rumors
Still no coach.

P.E Teacher if they keep waiting :Sad04:
64SUR Wrote:You was the only person who understood me pjdoug...Confusederiously:..but hey it took snitch fever a week. :lmao:

the smilies are your niche :Cheerlead
We had a new coach hired but he got lost in 64's niche late one night.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We had a new coach hired but he got lost in 64's niche late one night.

RunItUpwebster'sGut an lost another coach....Confusednicker:
Holcomb would certainly be a a strong hire at this point, I think. Not to mention an offensive "culture shock."
I really think the administration has handled the situation well. They established a criteria for the new head coach it basically was someone who has had successful head coaching experience. Dudley Hilton was contacted and he showed interest in the job. I really fault him for extending the process to long. He lead the administration to believe he was going to take the job up to the time he called and said no. Coach Lucas was contacted next and tomorrow will be 2 weeks and I'm sure Whitley will have his answer by tomorrow. This may not be Coach Lucas NICHE either. If not they will contact next coach on the list.
Texas contacted 5-6 coaches before Charlie Strong. When ask how he felt about being down the list he said he didn't care if he was 50, HE WAS the head coach now.
Whitley will continue to hunt for a coach if Coach Lucas turns the job down and if the list of successful head coaches comes to an end and really good young assistants is added to the list, Bobby Gibbs should be on top of the list.
I'm not sure who the next head coach will be or if it will be announced tomorrow, next week or next month but I will get behind him and support the players.
My question to 64 is simply why don't you explain to us how you would have handled this differently? If your answer is going to be you would have already hired a coach then don't bother because that only means to me you may have settled for someone you didn't really want. Whitley said they wanted a head coach by spring practice. I believe they will have one. :thanks:
Then that is where we differ. The administration has put Whitley behind. Football coaches build great bonds with player in Jan thru the offseason. Both in the weight room and school building. Everyday Whitley does not have a coach during this time hurts there program. If they wait till spring they will be way behind. Do you not think coaches are meeting and get kids placed and talking football with all their players. Not Whitley. Just my opinion.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Then that is where we differ. The administration has put Whitley behind. Football coaches build great bonds with player in Jan thru the offseason. Both in the weight room and school building. Everyday Whitley does not have a coach during this time hurts there program. If they wait till spring they will be way behind. Do you not think coaches are meeting and get kids placed and talking football with all their players. Not Whitley. Just my opinion.

But do you get that at the expense of hiring someone you don't want? Coach Ysidro and Coach Gibbs are at weight lifting everyday. The kids know and like both. The kids see and talk to all the assistant coaches everyday. IMO things are going fine.
footballfever Wrote:But do you get that at the expense of hiring someone you don't want? Coach Ysidro and Coach Gibbs are at weight lifting everyday. The kids know and like both. The kids see and talk to all the assistant coaches everyday. IMO things are going fine.

I believe they are trying to make the best hire possible, and whether they are going about it the right way or not is just conjecture at this point.

We may know until next year or the maybe even later down the road than that, but I agree with you in that they shouldn't just hire someone to get it over with. Let the process play out and hopefully it all works out.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Then that is where we differ. The administration has put Whitley behind. Football coaches build great bonds with player in Jan thru the offseason. Both in the weight room and school building. Everyday Whitley does not have a coach during this time hurts there program. If they wait till spring they will be way behind. Do you not think coaches are meeting and get kids placed and talking football with all their players. Not Whitley. Just my opinion.

they are in good hands in the weight room.Did you not know they have an interim coach?
It does not take that long to make the best possible hire. You ask and give a couple days and get an answer. If you have to beg a coach to come you don't want them anyway. Earlier poster said how someone was 50 on the list , still done in 2 weeks, they know how important it is to have that person in place. I agree you want the right hire, I just don't think it takes that long, AT ALL.
PRIDE101 Wrote:It does not take that long to make the best possible hire. You ask and give a couple days and get an answer. If you have to beg a coach to come you don't want them anyway. Earlier poster said how someone was 50 on the list , still done in 2 weeks, they know how important it is to have that person in place. I agree you want the right hire, I just don't think it takes that long, AT ALL.

Sorry Whitley fans, I have to agree. It should not take this long to hire for any job.
footballfever Wrote:But do you get that at the expense of hiring someone you don't want? Coach Ysidro and Coach Gibbs are at weight lifting everyday. The kids know and like both. The kids see and talk to all the assistant coaches everyday. IMO things are going fine.

Is Coach Bozeman still around? I always liked that guy...
The Cross Movement Wrote:Is Coach Bozeman still around? I always liked that guy...

Yes. As soon as wrestling over he will take over weight room.
footballfever Wrote:Yes. As soon as wrestling over he will take over weight room.

Good, glad to hear it, got to coach with him for a few months before he went to Whitely, good guy and coach! Cares a lot about the players!
If Lucas interviewed and that's a big IF, and they did not hire him on the spot. They either have a power struggle going on, or they don't have a clue how to hire a coach.
insideinfo Wrote:If Lucas interviewed and that's a big IF, and they did not hire him on the spot. They either have a power struggle going on, or they don't have a clue how to hire a coach.

So, if they offer job to him and he said I need a little time to think about it, talk to family, check with people, see what my horoscope says. Would you give him time? I will tell you this he DID interview, the job is his if he chooses to accept.
footballfever Wrote:So, if they offer job to him and he said I need a little time to think about it, talk to family, check with people, see what my horoscope says. Would you give him time? I will tell you this he DID interview, the job is his if he chooses to accept.

If I interview for a job, I plan on taking it if offered.
  •  Previous
  • 46(current)
  • Next