•  Previous
  • 45(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Bolt Wrote:Lucas will be the new head coach.

who said?Smile
64SUR Wrote:I couldn't help myself on defining niche...All in fun...now :gtfo: just joking. :lmao:

Confusednicker::ChairHit::gtfo:
Big announcement next month or two...Confusednicker:
OldJacket Wrote:Are we talking about Clark Teague...

I didn't realize Clark was there.I thought they meant a differen't Teague
pjdoug Wrote:who said?Smile

I just did :biggrin:
It would be good to see Clark come home. It has been a long journey for Clark to get here. He has been a football gypsy for a long time.
I know Robbie Lucas and he is very interested in this Job. As I said in an early post he would not lead Whitley on in any way. I have watched Clark Teague the last 2 years, he is a very good Coach and would be a Great addition to any program.
Coach Teague is the hardest working coach I have been around! I think he would consider putting in for the Somerset job. Teague is the obvious choice to anyone that was inside the Somerset program. He ran the offense and coach Moose ran the D. That would be the easiest transition for the kids also. Kids say he is a heck of teacher also.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Coach Teague is the hardest working coach I have been around! I think he would consider putting in for the Somerset job. Teague is the obvious choice to anyone that was inside the Somerset program. He ran the offense and coach Moose ran the D. That would be the easiest transition for the kids also. Kids say he is a heck of teacher also.

did Teague go from Whitley County to Somerset?
I agree if Lucas takes the Whitley Co. job. Coach Teague would most likely be considered for the Somerset Job. He and current staff would do a Great Job. Who knows he may just want to go Home!!!
No. He was at Adair co and Spencer before coming to Somerset.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Coach Teague is the hardest working coach I have been around! I think he would consider putting in for the Somerset job. Teague is the obvious choice to anyone that was inside the Somerset program. He ran the offense and coach Moose ran the D. That would be the easiest transition for the kids also. Kids say he is a heck of teacher also.

Teague was very well liked and respected when he was an asst. at Corbin before getting the head job at Adair Co. I hope he gets to come back home to Whitley Co. and be part of rebuilding the program.
Clark Teague is an interesting development. He would do a great job at either school, Whitley or Somerset.
I've been staying out of the loop on this one,,,, but here it is, February, my guess is that
Whitley is getting some nibbles but not a solid bite. That worries me a little because with
so many openings this year, it appears that some of the 'select' spots are starting to fill.
IMO,, that would put Whitley in a poor selection situation......
This is the never ending coaching search......
I would say this off-season has officially set the record for the longest coaching search in KHSAA history with Whitley County AND the shortest coaching search in KHSAA history with Madison Central hiring during the post-Smith era.
Regardless of what Coach Lucas decides to do, he is an excelent coach and will do great things wherever he is at.
Are you kidding me...Dudley was a done deal back in November.��
I think its possible if Lucas comes to Whitley that he brings Teague with him and Moose might end up at South.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think its possible if Lucas comes to Whitley that he brings Teague with him and Moose might end up at South.

:Thumbs:
Rumor has it mike Campbell saw his shadow so it's 6 more weeks of searching for a coach.
Heard yesterday Lucas has said thanks, but no thanks to Whitley. Looks like he's staying at SHS.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Rumor has it mike Campbell saw his shadow so it's 6 more weeks of searching for a coach.

:disappoint::lmao:
Forever Maroon Wrote:Heard yesterday Lucas has said thanks, but no thanks to Whitley. Looks like he's staying at SHS.

That is not good for Whitley. The gamble on Hilton is not paying off.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Heard yesterday Lucas has said thanks, but no thanks to Whitley. Looks like he's staying at SHS.

He may say no thanks but he has NOT yet!!!!!!!!
This does not look good.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Rumor has it mike Campbell saw his shadow so it's 6 more weeks of searching for a coach.

He may be too busy running his side business to worry about hiring a coach right now.:popcorn:

Not yet!!!
I don't think Robbie Lucas has told anyone, anything yet!!!
Sure hope Whitley decides to hire someone sometime before the dead period starts in July. Rolleyes
  •  Previous
  • 45(current)
  • Next