•  Previous
  • 43(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Was told Dudley Hilton was very close to accepting but turned it down..anyone know that story.
If he accepted, we will know Monday.
Is he looking at houses again? This is hilarious. Colonels better move on or they will be playing this game in June with Hilton.
PRIDE101 Wrote:You missed my point , but that is ok.

Whitley administration was on here throwing out names.

I didn't realize Whitley administration was on here.
ataclance Wrote:Was told Dudley Hilton was very close to accepting but turned it down..anyone know that story.

I heard he is wanting more than they offered :biglmao:
TrueDawg Wrote:Is he looking at houses again? This is hilarious. Colonels better move on or they will be playing this game in June with Hilton.

he already found the house he likes Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I heard he is wanting more than they offered :biglmao:

Imagine that. He always wants more.
TrueDawg Wrote:Is he looking at houses again? This is hilarious. Colonels better move on or they will be playing this game in June with Hilton.

Well, other than your bad attempt to troll, you gave yourself away that you haven't read anything on this thread.
I believe the Dudley talk died about 10 pages ago.

Geez, he turned the job down week ago Friday. Your laughing a little late :hilarious:
footballfever Wrote:Geez, he turned the job down week ago Friday. Your laughing a little late :hilarious:

tell me who the coach is going to be Smile :insane:
pjdoug Wrote:tell me who the coach is going to be Smile :insane:

Bobby Gibbs
The way it sounds and by all the post is that they can't find anyone to take the job. That's sad cause they have the talent to have a great program.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Bobby Gibbs

NO!
pjdoug Wrote:NO!

Why?
sekyfan Wrote:bobby gibbs

you are as close as anyone.
Gibbs is a good coach. As I have said before, Whitley has been pretty good on offense but terrible on the defensive side. Bobby would make a good head coach with someone to help him on the defensive side of things.
TopCat Wrote:Gibbs is a good coach. As I have said before, Whitley has been pretty good on offense but terrible on the defensive side. Bobby would make a good head coach with someone to help him on the defensive side of things.

You cant win a state title running the offense hes been running.
And isn't winning a state title the goal? If not it should be.
I would hope for more than a district title or a mythical king of the mountains claim.
TopCat Wrote:Gibbs is a good coach. As I have said before, Whitley has been pretty good on offense but terrible on the defensive side. Bobby would make a good head coach with someone to help him on the defensive side of things.

he would make a good assistant coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant win a state title running the offense hes been running.
And isn't winning a state title the goal? If not it should be.
I would hope for more than a district title or a mythical king of the mountains claim.

right. I hope they don't waste this hire. Whitley has enough talented kids to be a powerhouse. coaching is the problem.
pjdoug Wrote:right. I hope they don't waste this hire. Whitley has enough talented kids to be a powerhouse. coaching is the problem.

Talk about bashing the program. Everyone on this site seems to be
An excellent coach. pjdoug you should immediately march yourself down to the board and consult Mr. Paul before he wastes another hire. You have all the answers so I vote for you to turn the colonels into contenders. You have all the talent so if you don't win a state championship next season you are a bad coach. And yes I am a devoted colonels fan, don't let the name fool you.
right I am bashing it.if it's broke fix it.what do surrounding schools that win have that Whitley Don't? what does Bell County have that Whitley doesn't? it has to be coaching
too many good players either not on the team or sitting on the bench
What does surrounding teams have that Whitley doesn't? I don't think you are ready for it... They have loyal fans and community support whether their team is winning or losing. Easy to be a fan when the ship is sailing but the first sign of troubled waters everyone bails out and starts pointing fingers. Bobby Gibbs would be an excellent head coach and I am sure he would run the program a different direction than has been ran previously. It doesn't matter who is hired you cannot please all the people all the time. Just embrace the decision and support the program.
As far as the comment about too many talented kids not on the field. Are you at every practice? Do you see what those players do and do not Do during practice? Once again we have fans second guessing coaching decisions. You seem to have all the answers so you should put in your application because obviously you are qualified to be a head football coach. You go ahead and do that and let the poor readers scrutinize your every move next season and see how that feels.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:What does surrounding teams have that Whitley doesn't? I don't think you are ready for it... They have loyal fans and community support whether their team is winning or losing. Easy to be a fan when the ship is sailing but the first sign of troubled waters everyone bails out and starts pointing fingers. Bobby Gibbs would be an excellent head coach and I am sure he would run the program a different direction than has been ran previously. It doesn't matter who is hired you cannot please all the people all the time. Just embrace the decision and support the program.

Excellent post. Concise and to the point.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:What does surrounding teams have that Whitley doesn't? I don't think you are ready for it... They have loyal fans and community support whether their team is winning or losing. Easy to be a fan when the ship is sailing but the first sign of troubled waters everyone bails out and starts pointing fingers. Bobby Gibbs would be an excellent head coach and I am sure he would run the program a different direction than has been ran previously. It doesn't matter who is hired you cannot please all the people all the time. Just embrace the decision and support the program.

the ship has never been saling.I'm as loyal as it gets.I've missed a handful of games in the last 25 years after playing for them.it's time for change.

mediocrity should never be embraced.
Don't take what I say personally because I am not attacking you but take a look around this county is not exactly thriving with go getters. People here are content with mediocrity and I agree with you that has to change but the problem is rooted a little deeper than hiring a new coach. You have to have a community behind your program to be successful. Can Whitley win consistently? With the right schedule, but as far as state championships I think those will be hard to come by in 5a football.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Don't take what I say personally because I am not attacking you but take a look around this county is not exactly thriving with go getters. People here are content with mediocrity and I agree with you that has to change but the problem is rooted a little deeper than hiring a new coach. You have to have a community behind your program to be successful. Can Whitley win consistently? With the right schedule, but as far as state championships I think those will be hard to come by in 5a football.

I don't take it personally and I'm a die hard Colonels fan.I'm tired of watching them lose when they don't have to.there is no reason whatsoever they shouldn't be as good as any other school. if you keep doing the same thing you keep getting the same result.
Jim Black is a good coach and his only mistake was he wouldn't play inferior competition on a consistent basis. Sure he could have loaded the schedule up with "cream puffs" but where does that get you? I'll tell you out in the first round. Jim Black
May not have had a great record at Whitley but he does have the most wins in a season and the most playoff wins ever. I too would like to see the program flourish but tread lightly with your negativity because players read this garbage and places doubt in their heads. Hard to coach against social media when everyone thinks it's their right to throw criticism out.
  •  Previous
  • 43(current)
  • Next