•  Previous
  • 35(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets get one thing right.
The new coach will have his hands full unless he convinces someone to buy out a contract.

@ Morristown TN
Madison Southern
@ Bell County
@ Rockcastle County
@ Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
@ Harlan County
@ Letcher County
Boyle

are they playing Morristown West again?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Lets get one thing right.
The new coach will have his hands full unless he convinces someone to buy out a contract.

@ Morristown TN
Madison Southern
@ Bell County
@ Rockcastle County
@ Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
@ Harlan County
@ Letcher County
Boyle

4 Home games for a first year coach coming off a 1-10 season? That's a brutal schedule. Mills and Ysidro return for Whitley though, so there's some talent there, they'll be competitive within the district. They could go anywhere from 0-10 to 5-5 with that schedule.
pjdoug Wrote:are they playing Morristown West again?

I had thought they signed the same deal Harlan County did.
One year they would play West and then the next year theyd play east.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:4 Home games for a first year coach coming off a 1-10 season? That's a brutal schedule. Mills and Ysidro return for Whitley though, so there's some talent there, they'll be competitive within the district. They could go anywhere from 0-10 to 5-5 with that schedule.

If nothing changes, that should be pretty close.
That's what blows about agreeing to a two year deal with a bowl game that youll be on the road both years with.
What's the latest on this?
You may be right...I just wonder if putting all the eggs in one basket might not be the best thing...
footballfever Wrote:There are still other programs looking for coaches. There are coaches out there who will apply for the job if Dudley doesn't take. I believe Whitley will hire the best coach available.
You may be right...I just wonder if putting all the eggs in one basket might not be the best thing...
geauxtigers75 Wrote:4 Home games for a first year coach coming off a 1-10 season? That's a brutal schedule. Mills and Ysidro return for Whitley though, so there's some talent there, they'll be competitive within the district. They could go anywhere from 0-10 to 5-5 with that schedule.

Whitley always plays a brutal schedule. I think they'll win more than 5 this year if they get the right coaching staff. Mills is a playmaker.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I had thought they signed the same deal Harlan County did.
One year they would play West and then the next year theyd play east.

you're probably right. I like Morristown and they have a good atmosphere at their bowl game. we could have something like that in Whitley County Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley always plays a brutal schedule. I think they'll win more than 5 this year if they get the right coaching staff. Mills is a playmaker.

Whitley played a good schedule last year, was ranked the 13th most difficult in Class 5A.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley always plays a brutal schedule. I think they'll win more than 5 this year if they get the right coaching staff. Mills is a playmaker.

I think Whitley plays a super hard schedule, but it probably needs to lighten up a bit during the next set of two year contracts.
So it seems Dudley is still testing the waters!!! I can't belive he hasn't took the Whitley job yet!!! They offered him a deal that was better then university of the Cumberlands coach was offered!!! I can't see him getting a better offer he must not be sold on Whitley. I don't know but it sure seems like he's giving them the run around. I think he may be looking for a job where he is coming in with a better team. He's not use to loosing and sure doesn't want to come back and be mediocre. I still hope he gives it a shot I think it would be interesting to see how other schools (Corbin) would react. It's getting to be like the whole Bret Farve thing!!!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:So it seems Dudley is still testing the waters!!! I can't belive he hasn't took the Whitley job yet!!! They offered him a deal that was better then university of the Cumberlands coach was offered!!! I can't see him getting a better offer he must not be sold on Whitley. I don't know but it sure seems like he's giving them the run around. I think he may be looking for a job where he is coming in with a better team. He's not use to loosing and sure doesn't want to come back and be mediocre. I still hope he gives it a shot I think it would be interesting to see how other schools (Corbin) would react. It's getting to be like the whole Bret Farve thing!!!!

wasn't every school he coached at mediocre when he arrived?
When they brought Anderson out to half court last night and honored him for his numerous District Championships. I thought for sure they was going to give him the keys to the Football program.:biglmao:
insideinfo Wrote:When they brought Anderson out to half court last night and honored him for his numerous District Championships. I thought for sure they was going to give him the keys to the Football program.:biglmao:

:lame::gtfo::ChairHit::flush::booo:
dudley would be a great hire
Go Big Red! Wrote:So it seems Dudley is still testing the waters!!! I can't belive he hasn't took the Whitley job yet!!! They offered him a deal that was better then university of the Cumberlands coach was offered!!! I can't see him getting a better offer he must not be sold on Whitley. I don't know but it sure seems like he's giving them the run around. I think he may be looking for a job where he is coming in with a better team. He's not use to loosing and sure doesn't want to come back and be mediocre. I still hope he gives it a shot I think it would be interesting to see how other schools (Corbin) would react. It's getting to be like the whole Bret Farve thing!!!!

Didn't you say it was a done deal three months ago?
It's time to fish or cut bait.
set the hook and reel him in.
I just don't see Dudley taking it!!
Why would you want to real in a fish that doesn't seem worth eating???
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Why would you want to real in a fish that doesn't seem worth eating???

Its the best Salmon you ever had
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its the best Salmon you ever had
That salmon sure is good grilled on cedar planks...
OldJacket Wrote:That salmon sure is good grilled on cedar planks...

Its amazing how cheap salmon comes. Sometimes its expensive though Confusednicker:
I have promise a guy that I want leak who the new coach will be at Whitley I'm not shock ....Confusednicker:
Salmon gets too old it becomes cat food!
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Salmon gets too old it becomes cat food!

That's when you turn to fish eggs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its the best Salmon you ever had

Sounds more like carp to me!!!!

pjdoug Wrote:Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.
^^
I've never been more disappointed in someone in my life!!! Soap operas pjdoug???? Ohhh, the shame!!!Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Sounds more like carp to me!!!!

^^
I've never been more disappointed in someone in my life!!! Soap operas pjdoug???? Ohhh, the shame!!!Confusednicker:

you're as disappointed as I am that Whitley hasn't hired a coach yet Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 35(current)
  • Next