•  Previous
  • 34(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
I love the way people from Bell take pop shots at Dudley. He is one of the top 5 coaches in this state, plain and simple. I take shots at Mills and I am called out by them everyday. Practice what you preach. Dudley won 10 games a year for an adv. of 30 yrs. Couple State Titles, Who know how many region and district titles. Proven winner for over 30 yrs and Bell fans say he would not workout for Whitley. Wait, that is it, Whitley is on your schedule! I see.
Pride again you make no sense. Who is taking pop shots?
TopCat Wrote:Pride again you make no sense. Who is taking pop shots?

Just on the previous page, JohnnyD, Will Muney and YOU...TopCat. Read it. All Bell posters and say Dudley and Whitley not a good fit. Remember pot shot or little jabs, all 3 have done it here.
True is true. If you consider that a Pot Shot I guess it is.
Just out of curiosity ... If dudley isn't the next head coach, has Whitley painted themselves in a corner and is forced to look within? I wonder if that isn't the grand plan anyway...wouldn't shock me at all...
ol' ballcoach Wrote:Just out of curiosity ... If dudley isn't the next head coach, has Whitley painted themselves in a corner and is forced to look within? I wonder if that isn't the grand plan anyway...wouldn't shock me at all...

There are still other programs looking for coaches. There are coaches out there who will apply for the job if Dudley doesn't take. I believe Whitley will hire the best coach available.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Bowling Green, Belfry, and Pulaski have all been middle school state champions. Two of those have won high school titles as well with Pulaski having a pretty good shot in the next couple of years. Maybe it's just Corbin that can't get it done? Being that good that early is an advantage at the high school level in my opinion.

I think the winning in middle school is important. It is NOT an indicator you will win in HS but I would rather have my middle school teams winning.
I think the biggest key though for Corbin is 1. They lost several off that 7-8 team that won state championship and 2. Wasn't a great group in front of them and the group behind them I don't think won a game in 7th or 8th.
Larry Anderson
PRIDE101 Wrote:Just on the previous page, JohnnyD, Will Muney and YOU...TopCat. Read it. All Bell posters and say Dudley and Whitley not a good fit. Remember pot shot or little jabs, all 3 have done it here.

Just being honest. Hiring a coach that may only be around 3 years if there isn't something behind him is a terrible idea. Especially late in the game. I mean for god sakes the season and this crap has been going on since November. I know all schools are looking for that Ivan Mcglone 30 year term but a program like Whitley that has a lot going for it shouldn't be looking short term. Jim Black is one of the best coaches around and you ran him off. Jim would have been there till he retired as your coach. You didn't want that. You wanted a big name and now you might end up with a no name.
I just wanted to be the 1000 reply.
footballfever Wrote:I think the winning in middle school is important. It is NOT an indicator you will win in HS but I would rather have my middle school teams winning.
I think the biggest key though for Corbin is 1. They lost several off that 7-8 team that won state championship and 2. Wasn't a great group in front of them and the group behind them I don't think won a game in 7th or 8th.

Why were there so many who dropped off that championship team? I expected big things from them in high school.
Congrats Wildcat18 U my friend are the 1,000th post!!!!!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Why were there so many who dropped off that championship team? I expected big things from them in high school.

I don't know the answer or even how many, I just read on here where several Corbin fans had said they lost some.
I still think, especially in 3-6A it takes more that 1 good class to get to regional, semi or final in HS.
bear claw Wrote:Congrats Wildcat18 U my friend are the 1,000th post!!!!!

I think I'm #1001, but I don't care I'll take it. What do I win?
U get a hug and handshake from GUT. Pretty much sucks don't it?
Actually, you get the football job!!!!
johnnyd Wrote:I just wanted to be the 1000 reply.

I believe your post has as much substance as the other 999 on the subject.
bear claw Wrote:Actually, you get the football job!!!!

I accept. I'll now donate the job to Dudley Hilton. Let's get this show over with already.
Wish someone would take this job!!! I'm getting tired of reading who everyone thinks will get the job. It's time to pull the trigger on someone!! It's getting late in the game it's time to shine Whitley!!! Hire someone please!!! Guts going insane over this!!
I don't recall any other names being thrown out there other than Hilton's. As for Gut he must be busy with basketball.
I wish they'd put an end to this top secret mission and hire a good coach Smile
I will say this, no matter who they end up hiring whether it is hilton or not, they will make a quality hire. I still think Black deserved another year.
Inside job watch and see......I want too :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
panther nation Wrote:Wish someone would take this job!!! I'm getting tired of reading who everyone thinks will get the job. It's time to pull the trigger on someone!! It's getting late in the game it's time to shine Whitley!!! Hire someone please!!! Guts going insane over this!!

I'm not going crazy.
Watch the news over the next week and you'll see.
A certain someone has to resign somewhere else before they accept this.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:I don't recall any other names being thrown out there other than Hilton's. As for Gut he must be busy with basketball.

Not this guy.
I wont be going crazy over high school basketball until we get some of those foreigners that the 14th does.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not this guy.
I wont be going crazy over high school basketball until we get some of those foreigners that the 14th does.

Hire Roderick Rhodes that would help football and basketball, :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Hire Roderick Rhodes that would help football and basketball, :truestory:

You aint kidding.
This thread is the only football thread ever on BGR to break 1000 post.
Its still third on the views though. About 5000 more views people and we will tell you who the coach is going to be, assuming they don't name him the coach sooner.
Lets get one thing right.
The new coach will have his hands full unless he convinces someone to buy out a contract.

@ Morristown TN
Madison Southern
@ Bell County
@ Rockcastle County
@ Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
@ Harlan County
@ Letcher County
Boyle
insideinfo Wrote:Larry Anderson

:ChairHit: