•  Previous
  • 33(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
To be honest, he is one of the top 5 high school coaches in this state. That may be why they are willing to wait. I do agree that this is to long to wait, but it may be worth it.
Who knows, maybe the Dudley thing has been over for awhile...
PRIDE101 Wrote:To be honest, he is one of the top 5 high school coaches in this state. That may be why they are willing to wait. I do agree that this is too long to wait, but it may be worth it.

It's a huge gamble because no other coach worth his salt will want to play second fiddle. If he doesn't take it you better be ready for an unknown coach.
Just reported on Fox News and ESPN that Dudley will be the next coach at Phelps.
I'm sure Whitley County knows who they are hiring Smile
bear claw Wrote:Just reported on Fox News and ESPN that Dudley will be the next coach at Phelps.

:biglmao:
bear claw Wrote:Just reported on Fox News and ESPN that Dudley will be the next coach at Phelps.

I don't believe nothing FOX NEWS REPORTS...Now ESPN I believe then. :pondering:

So this is why Keith Hall gave them all that money for new athletics facilities. That Hoops Center just wasn't cutting it.
He can't coach Whitley and Phelps Smile
Whitley going to fool round and let Duncan get gone and end up with Larry Anderson.
Black just may come back for another year...if nobody apply. Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure Whitley County knows who they are hiring Smile

I know it is a very tough time to be leaving a college team. This is the middle of the recruiting season for NAIA. They may be waiting because of the recruiting season
BDC Wrote:I know it is a very tough time to be leaving a college team. This is the middle of the recruiting season for NAIA. They may be waiting because of the recruiting season

The man only thinks of himself. Just remember that.
insideinfo Wrote:Whitley going to fool round and let Duncan get gone and end up with Larry Anderson.

Tim Duncan? Whitley County is hiring a football coach not a basketball coach or player :lame::gtfo:
Larry might be selling a house to Dudley
At this pace they may have a coach by Week 5 of th season....
the pace is picking up Smile
Pick the pace-up whitley running out of time..:bike::bike::bike::bike:
johnnyd Wrote:The man only thinks of himself. Just remember that.

Could be the most insightful and truthful post every on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just saw where he was speaking in March at Upike for the FCA Clinic, along with his staff. Doesn't sound good for Whitley.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Just saw where he was speaking in March at Upike for the FCA Clinic, along with his staff. Doesn't sound good for Whitley.

Confusednicker:
On the outside looking in, but the program at Whitley is a train wreck. Whoever comes in will need TOTAL control over all the football operations from grade school on up. Everyone needs to be singing out of the same hymn book to establish the feeder program to make the goal a successful HS program. Hilton may be able to get this because He is the type to say if I don't get my way I'll pack my toys and go home. That might be a good interim step for the coach who comes next, because if Hilton does get it, I don't see it being long term. Honestly, when I look at what has happened there, Gentry was a debacle and really devastated the program. Black was hamstrung, he had coaches having to leave practice to collect money at the gates for the little league program...Kind of ridiculous if you want a successful HS program don't you think? The middle school program has lost the glory days of Fox and company and if I were the head HS coach, the middle school would darn sure be running my offense and defense...I worked in a system in another state that began with 3rd and 4th grade coaches being "coached" by the HS staff and the kids ran our program from the time they stepped on the field...the result...5 state championships in 7 years, and folks this was in a really good football state. Whitley does itself a disservice in their elementary program with allowing the two big schools to have ridiculous numbers and dominate the small schools. Just a suggestion...but split those schools into a 3rd grade team, a 4th grade team, a 5th grade team, and a 6th grade team...more kids play, more kids stay interested, and maybe by the time they hit middle and HS they stay interested. I know there will be many who jump me, but this is an "opinion" board and these are mine. I hope that the powers that be make a good decision...and that they do the things necessary for this program, for the kids sake, to escape its current morass...One last comment...when is it ever a good idea for the football coach to report to the coach who, in reality was forced out into the position of AD?
ol' ballcoach Wrote:On the outside looking in, but the program at Whitley is a train wreck. Whoever comes in will need TOTAL control over all the football operations from grade school on up. Everyone needs to be singing out of the same hymn book to establish the feeder program to make the goal a successful HS program. Hilton may be able to get this because He is the type to say if I don't get my way I'll pack my toys and go home. That might be a good interim step for the coach who comes next, because if Hilton does get it, I don't see it being long term. Honestly, when I look at what has happened there, Gentry was a debacle and really devastated the program. Black was hamstrung, he had coaches having to leave practice to collect money at the gates for the little league program...Kind of ridiculous if you want a successful HS program don't you think? The middle school program has lost the glory days of Fox and company and if I were the head HS coach, the middle school would darn sure be running my offense and defense...I worked in a system in another state that began with 3rd and 4th grade coaches being "coached" by the HS staff and the kids ran our program from the time they stepped on the field...the result...5 state championships in 7 years, and folks this was in a really good football state. Whitley does itself a disservice in their elementary program with allowing the two big schools to have ridiculous numbers and dominate the small schools. Just a suggestion...but split those schools into a 3rd grade team, a 4th grade team, a 5th grade team, and a 6th grade team...more kids play, more kids stay interested, and maybe by the time they hit middle and HS they stay interested. I know there will be many who jump me, but this is an "opinion" board and these are mine. I hope that the powers that be make a good decision...and that they do the things necessary for this program, for the kids sake, to escape its current morass...One last comment...when is it ever a good idea for the football coach to report to the coach who, in reality was forced out into the position of AD?

I completely agree.I think they need Dudley because he wont be pushed around.
64SUR Wrote:1.Rains
2.Duncum
3.Haddix
4.Topnotch
5. RIUTG

These are the only 5 that I have mentions on this thread...plus myself 64SUR an I decline 2 month ago...keeping my Monday morning coaching job...or Whitley may have one on the coaching staff....:truestory:

I forgot about Cody Jones.....Could be why its taking so long...:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
maybe he could join Dudley's staff Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I completely agree.I think they need Dudley because he wont be pushed around.

You think Dudley, a short term solution at best is going to care about kids that are 5-6 years down the road. Come on man. You need to REALLY look at what your program needs. It needs a guy that will build it from the ground up. Not a guy that will bolt shortly after taking it over....if he does. Ive seen this from the Dudster before....he is probably using Whitley to his best interest (I.E. he used to show interest in a lot of jobs when we was at Bell Co in increase his situation there). Who knows...the thing stinks of the usual format.
I kinda agree with Johnnyd. I still think the thing people look at are a 1-10 where there where several key injuries and some very good players lost off the 2012 team.
Whitley was 28-21 since 2008 with a regional championship.
This is NOT a OMG we are starting from scrath situation. The group of Soph this year were state runner-up as 8th graders with wins over Bell, Knox, Johnson on the road in playoffs and a win over Bowling Grenn in state semi.
Corbin has won several Middle School state championships. How has that turned out for them? That is not the best indicator.

Dudley loves his name in the public, always has. It is a yearly occurence much like the coming of the seasons. With only exception being last year because he was having health issues.

Dudley has not on a day to day basis coached anything in a few years. If you watched UPIKE play any you know he has very little to do with gameplanning. He would still be a great program head and motivator but would need a few coaches to do the hands on stuff. That is why he is at UPIKE now.
TopCat Wrote:Corbin has won several Middle School state championships. How has that turned out for them? That is not the best indicator.

Dudley loves his name in the public, always has. It is a yearly occurence much like the coming of the seasons. With only exception being last year because he was having health issues.

Dudley has not on a day to day basis coached anything in a few years. If you watched UPIKE play any you know he has very little to do with gameplanning. He would still be a great program head and motivator but would need a few coaches to do the hands on stuff. That is why he is at UPIKE now.

What, you mean he doesn't coach every position and make them into allstars? Shame on you for spraying this blasphemy.
TopCat Wrote:Corbin has won several Middle School state championships. How has that turned out for them? That is not the best indicator.

Bowling Green, Belfry, and Pulaski have all been middle school state champions. Two of those have won high school titles as well with Pulaski having a pretty good shot in the next couple of years. Maybe it's just Corbin that can't get it done? Being that good that early is an advantage at the high school level in my opinion.
  •  Previous
  • 33(current)
  • Next