•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
64black&gold Wrote:I am very aware of the limits a school can pay a coach just to coach. However, I also know there are many positions that can be created that pay a nice salary and then performed by a nice secretary or associate something or another if you know what I mean. Knew of a guy in a neighboring county a few years ago that was head coach, athletic director and some other title. Had two nice ladies that did all of the work and made about 90k a year. There are ways around it.

When Campbell was the coach at Whitley he was the HC, Athletic Director, and Conditioning "teacher".
Thats three different salaries as one. A lot of coaches in the state have those titles. Thats about as far as you can go with it though.

Principal positions pay good money, but you cant be a coach.
will Dudley have the same titles?
:please:
Motivator Wrote:Fact: Whitley came up and talked to 2 assistants from Corbin on Monday. I don't know which 2 (Duncum, Roark, Mouser, Creekmore). It was 2 that are mentioned. I'm not sure if they are wanting them to be assistants or maybe seeing if there is any interest in the head coaching job. Duncum has been a head coach in 5a before and done pretty good at North with what he had to work with. Roark coached with Dudley at Bell about a decade ago. Who knows what's going on.

It's probably true I would say they were looking for some pee wee coaches to help Dudley build a feeder system!!!

:biglmao:
pjdoug
He wont be the AD I can guarantee that.

Personally I dont like any coach being the AD.
It takes away from there time that should be spent on making sure every single sport has what they need and all the scheduling is coordinated efficiently.
Dudley will be the next Whitley co coach!!! I'm sure he wouldn't mind being at Corbin but their heads are up Jewell's butt so far they would turn down Nick Saben!! Jokers!!!
I keep hearing Dudley but just seems like a rumor lol
Go Big Red! Wrote::please:

It's probably true I would say they were looking for some pee wee coaches to help Dudley build a feeder system!!!

:biglmao:

what changes can be made to improve Whitley's feeder system?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:pjdoug
He wont be the AD I can guarantee that.

Personally I dont like any coach being the AD.
It takes away from there time that should be spent on making sure every single sport has what they need and all the scheduling is coordinated efficiently.

What does the Fox say?Confusednicker:
I hope this hire reenergizes Colonel football. Gut needs some thing to crow about.
64black&gold Wrote:I am very aware of the limits a school can pay a coach just to coach. However, I also know there are many positions that can be created that pay a nice salary and then performed by a nice secretary or associate something or another if you know what I mean. Knew of a guy in a neighboring county a few years ago that was head coach, athletic director and some other title. Had two nice ladies that did all of the work and made about 90k a year. There are ways around it.

Then you are not aware of the limits. Coach Hilton is drawing teacher retirement which means he can only make 65% of his highest days pay X 100. SO IF he made 90,000 on a 185 day contract that would be 486.50 per day X .65 = 316.23 X 100= 31,623. That would be the most Whitley could pay him and he would have to work 100 days doing something I believe other than coaching.
31,000 is pretty good to only have to work 100 days technically.
footballfever Wrote:Then you are not aware of the limits. Coach Hilton is drawing teacher retirement which means he can only make 65% of his highest days pay X 100. SO IF he made 90,000 on a 185 day contract that would be 486.50 per day X .65 = 316.23 X 100= 31,623. That would be the most Whitley could pay him and he would have to work 100 days doing something I believe other than coaching.

Is that all the upike could pay him too? Or does this only have to do with public schools. Does that also include stipends? If so, I don't know very many people that would work 100 days and coach any sport for that small amount of pay.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:Is that all the upike could pay him too? Or does this only have to do with public schools. Does that also include stipends? If so, I don't know very many people that would work 100 days and coach any sport for that small amount of pay.

He is state retirement so he can work at private college or high school for full salary. The 65% is most he can including stipends.
Do you guys really think Hilton is coming? Be serious.
^
Thanks! Wasn't sure about that. That is not a lot to be able to entice a coach out of retirement, huh?
footballfanatic33 Wrote:^
Thanks! Wasn't sure about that. That is not a lot to be able to entice a coach out of retirement, huh?

He would still draw his retirement!
Yes but not near the money he gets at UPike and still gets retirement.
footballfever Wrote:He would still draw his retirement!

I knew that just had a brain fart I guess. Thanks again!
[quote=footballfanatic33]I knew that just had a brain fart I guess. Thanks again![/

I thought you had to have a brain to get one of them, Confusednicker: don't worry it's Whitley County be assured they will screw this hire up.
cherokee Wrote:[quote=footballfanatic33]I knew that just had a brain fart I guess. Thanks again![/

I thought you had to have a brain to get one of them, Confusednicker: don't worry it's Whitley County be assured they will screw this hire up.

You are not worth the effort! Just remember, I know who you are and its funny that YOU accuse someone of not having a brain, especially after you made your kid quit at the beginning of the middle school playoffs.
Rumor has it Coach Hilton may be looking at some real estate in the Whitley County area. Just so happens the ex superintendent has a real estate company. May be closer hopefully.
footballfanatic33 Wrote:[quote=cherokee]

You are not worth the effort! Just remember, I know who you are and its funny that YOU accuse someone of not having a brain, especially after you made your kid quit at the beginning of the middle school playoffs.

Everyone knows me, so do you really think I care if you know me,I will give you phone # if you want it snicker: and yeah when you try to bullshit my child I will take care of the problem! just as I did by getting my oldest son away from that circus at Whitley. Just keep worrying about your back door, and I will take care of my kids clown. You cam pm me anytime you feel like it.:Cheerlead
I think Coach Hilton has to make a decision this week. He can't hit the recruiting trail with this hanging out there. My GUT feeling is Whitley opens up the application process soon!
footballfever Wrote:I think Coach Hilton has to make a decision this week. He can't hit the recruiting trail with this hanging out there. My GUT feeling is Whitley opens up the application process soon!

Are you saying they have not posted job yet?
insideinfo Wrote:Are you saying they have not posted job yet?

Sure they have but they are still just waiting on Coach Hilton to accept or decline.
Been sitting back and just observing lately and I've come up with one conclusion...the fate of Whitley county football and the fate of all mankind must rest in the hands of Dudley Hilton and his decision. Not sure of any of the details that they are enticing him with but I would venture to guess they are throwing it all at him. So this hire is a short term fix? Let's bet the farm on a short term fix.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Been sitting back and just observing lately and I've come up with one conclusion...the fate of Whitley county football and the fate of all mankind must rest in the hands of Dudley Hilton and his decision. Not sure of any of the details that they are enticing him with but I would venture to guess they are throwing it all at him. So this hire is a short term fix? Let's bet the farm on a short term fix.

What's your definition of short term? Why would a school not pursue Coach Hilton if they thought they could get him?
There cannot be a lot to entice him. There is only so much they can give.
It's a big decision for Coach Hilton. Leave his son for his senior year. Loss of $$.
The 1st reason is the reason I think he will decline.
Two parents who are insiders told me they thought Dudley was on his way.
E's Army Wrote:Two parents who are insiders told me they thought Dudley was on his way.

Only parent that is an INSIDER is Mr. Paul and I doubt he told you anything.
The new rumor going around this morning is Larry Anderson is not liking retirement and has inquired about the job.
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next