•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Heard today that in fact Dudley is a done deal at Whitley............

Yep and he has hired Jewell as defensive coordinator and Farris to run the 46 power multiple version offense. Whitley will be in great hands now. Heck...I'll give up Jewell for Jim Black. Come on Gut, lets make a deal.:betterthanexpected::lmao:
If you really are an old hound from the 70s, I would imagine that you are a little sick of the condition Corbin football has evolved. I remember looking forward to going to ANY game Corbin played, and their name was known and revered all over the state. I sure hope it gets back to the way it was back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
We have an announcement Runitupthegut will be the new Head Coach :big grin:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I got a new one for you it scares me to death. I know for a fact that Jerry Herron was with Scott Paul the day after the Hazard game. For about 3 hours. that was weird. I ask Jerry about it I never got a straight answer. He coached there before, Think about it. only makes sense for both sides. His number one assistant has a son in the Centeral Elementry. I have heard Jerry is the lowest paid High school coach in maybe the state.
The Laurel County schools pay less than Williamsburg. Also I can't imagine McCreary County opening up the purse strings for football.
Granny Bear Wrote:If you really are an old hound from the 70s, I would imagine that you are a little sick of the condition Corbin football has evolved. I remember looking forward to going to ANY game Corbin played, and their name was known and revered all over the state. I sure hope it gets back to the way it was back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Yes I am basically sick from what has happened. Archie Powers was tough but treated us with respect. You want find a single player from that era who doesn't love Archie. Jewell is just the opposite. He respects no one and the kids hate playing for him. To be honest that's just his personality and he can't hardly help it. I know for a fact Archie discounted Willard and just kept him out of the way. I can't figure out Jewell's allegiance to Willard but its going to cost him his job. Jewell could survive a few more years if he would get rid of Willard but I don't see it happening. I'm now thinking Corbin should hire Gut as the new coach. At least make him offensive coordinator. He would at least be unpredictable 😁:Thumbs:
Children, children...

Gut as a coach ANYWHERE????

Gut needs a life coach!!!

Confusednicker:
oldhound70s Wrote:Yep and he has hired Jewell as defensive coordinator and Farris to run the 46 power multiple version offense. Whitley will be in great hands now. Heck...I'll give up Jewell for Jim Black. Come on Gut, lets make a deal.:betterthanexpected::lmao:

no way would I trade Black for JewellSmile
pjdoug Wrote:is there proof he was at Whitley BOE? lol

No pictures but he was for sure there!!! I've been telling you guys way before this thread started he was coming.
Here is the bad with the good. If you do get Dudley, you will also have Greer as your def. co. I can assure you that is part of the deal. No job in the system, just coaching.

You talk about not liked by kids, hello.
Has Whitney shown any interest in Justin Haddix from Perry Central?
NO
WhyLie Wrote:Here is the bad with the good. If you do get Dudley, you will also have Greer as your def. co. I can assure you that is part of the deal. No job in the system, just coaching.

You talk about not liked by kids, hello.

Greer is the Principal at Corbin Education Center, so I'm not sure that would work out very well.

Hilton has definitely talked to Whitley Co. about the job, but I have no idea how serious either party is.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Greer is the Principal at Corbin Education Center, so I'm not sure that would work out very well.

Hilton has definitely talked to Whitley Co. about the job, but I have no idea how serious either party is.

Have all ready said if teaching is involved you can forget about Dudley. He didn't teach at Bell the last 5 or 6 years.
warmachine Wrote:Has Whitney shown any interest in Justin Haddix from Perry Central?

I hope they have no interest in Haddix
Go Big Red! Wrote:No pictures but he was for sure there!!! I've been telling you guys way before this thread started he was coming.

I want to see a picture lol
I think jerry Herron will be the next coach at Whitley. Scott Paul was talking about it the other day at the BOE mark my words it will be Herron
Bert Browne is needing a job hire him you Whitley fans can have shirts made up Bert Browne has come to town, Hes a good offensive coach.
need a good head coach.maybe Bert can join his staff
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Have all ready said if teaching is involved you can forget about Dudley. He didn't teach at Bell the last 5 or 6 years.

are you Dudley's agent?:Shaking:
pjdoug Wrote:are you Dudley's agent?:Shaking:

No just trying to clear up the stupidity in some people. Why would Dudley come to WC to teach? When he hasn't had to for years? He will go some where to coach football if WC can't offer than then he will not be there. It will be hard for some schools to just do this the way that money is. Anyone who knows anything about education should know that.
we'll soon find out I guess.surely they wont wait until spring to make a hire.
The process will begin as soon as Dudley lets them know he is not coming. I would think he would give them an answer week after state games. He could possible take job but I just don't see it.
Defense Wins Wrote:I think jerry Herron will be the next coach at Whitley. Scott Paul was talking about it the other day at the BOE mark my words it will be Herron

No way this happens.
according to all of the no ways and will never happen's on here Whitley wont even get a coach lol
They may be stuck with Gut. He can bring in XBox from Williamsburg to be his offensive coordinator. With XBox running the offense they would score so many points they would not need a defensive coordinator.
E's Army Wrote:They may be stuck with Gut. He can bring in XBox from Williamsburg to be his offensive coordinator. With XBox running the offense they would score so many points they would not need a defensive coordinator.

not gonna happenConfusednicker:
and again today no news in the Whitley News Journal Smile.only see that gaudy orange everywhere.
Nothing wrong with Orange, they have done well this year. Everyone in the county should be proud of them.

One the other hand, there is really nothing to report. I am sure when there is something to report it will be on here before it makes either of the local papers.
Talked to somebody last fri and although JD has another year left and I never thought Dudley would leave UPike until he graduated, Mr. Hilton has been offered a nice contract at Whitley and is having a hard time turning it down. Not sure if he ends up as coach but I DO now believe the chances are much better than I personally did two weeks ago.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next