•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
footballfever Wrote:Football doesn't even bring in enough $$ to pay the football coaching salaries. It probably cost $40,000-50,000 a year to run just the HS football program. Whitley be lucky to clear $20,000 at gate for HS games. If it wasn't for booster club and fund raisers football couldn't exist.
It cost $400 just to put helmet, shoulder pads, pants, cleats and mouth piece on a player.
Gut, football doesn't even come close to paying for itself at any school if you are talking about gate receipts. Booster club is only way it survives.

Isn't that just what I said? I don't recall ever mentioning that the football gate money pays for everything. I did say Bingo and Booster clubs did. And they do. I dont know how what your'e saying is different than what im saying.

I think where were different is the fact that football is why the boosters are there. If it werent for the football program, you wouldn't have boosters and you wouldn't have any other sports.

Lets think about how much it cost to run a baseball, girls bball, soccer, volleyball, track, golf, and softball, and everything else.
All of those sports combined dont raise enough money to keep one of them alive.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Isn't that just what I said? I don't recall ever mentioning that the football gate money pays for everything. I did say Bingo and Booster clubs did. And they do. I dont know how what your'e saying is different than what im saying.

I think where were different is the fact that football is why the boosters are there. If it werent for the football program, you wouldn't have boosters and you wouldn't have any other sports.

Lets think about how much it cost to run a baseball, girls bball, soccer, volleyball, track, golf, and softball, and everything else.
All of those sports combined dont raise enough money to keep one of them alive.

YAAFR......so football loses $30,000 a year in salaries and equipment but if it wasn't for them the other boosters couldn't raise enough $$$ to have a program. WOW I just didn't understand that...thanks for clearing it up.
footballfever Wrote:YAAFR......so football loses $30,000 a year in salaries and equipment but if it wasn't for them the other boosters couldn't raise enough $$$ to have a program. WOW I just didn't understand that...thanks for clearing it up.

If you need anything else, just let me know! :Thumbs:
I hope this hire is made soon so Gut can get a little peace.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Not exactly sure how you have come to the conclusion that football supports all other sports? Maybe cross country or track. There are schools doing just fine that don't have football, ie. Barbourville . So that's a lame excuse. Pretty sure KDE wouldn't like your coaching philosophy either. Maybe they will create a new super secret position like Whitley County College Athletics Liason and pay him $85,000 then football monies and whatever other stipend they can think of. Bottom line is, if they want the Legend, they will pay legendary sums of money to get him. Maybe hodge told them where he stashed the counties money.
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br />
Whitley created a position similar to this and paid him huge money when they hired Deaton as basketball coach, which didn't work out they way they expected. They should have learned a lesson from that hire, but I wouldn't it put past them.
E's Army Wrote:I hope this hire is made soon so Gut can get a little peace.

Me to brother.
me three
So Dudley would be paid by boosters or bingo. Isnt that illegal.

Football does support a lot of sports, but sometimes it has to pay for itself.

I cant see the teachers being happy that a football coach get paid that much when teachers feel they are underpaid as it is.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Me to brother.

A lot of talk about Steve Jewell being interested. You can have him Gut but Willard has to go with him😁:Thumbs:
oldhound70s Wrote:A lot of talk about Steve Jewell being interested. You can have him Gut but Willard has to go with him😁:Thumbs:

Whitley did actually hire Coach Farris 3 or 4 years ago as an asst., but due to some kind of problem with the way it was going to affect his retirement income, he backed out.
Full deck Wrote:So Dudley would be paid by boosters or bingo. Isnt that illegal.

Football does support a lot of sports, but sometimes it has to pay for itself.

I cant see the teachers being happy that a football coach get paid that much when teachers feel they are underpaid as it is.

1st i don't think its going to happen. 2nd he could only make 65% of his highest days pay X 100. So I would think 31,000 would be most he could make.
footballfever Wrote:1st i don't think its going to happen. 2nd he could only make 65% of his highest days pay X 100. So I would think 31,000 would be most he could make.

wouldnt they just pay him under the table with bingo money then since it funds the sports there
or some booster pay him extra.
keep Jewell in Corbin.
Boys what I've been telling you for the last 3 months is about to come out!!! Dudley and his wife were at the Whitley co BOE Friday!! You can bet your sweet butt it wasn't just to stop and say hi. I look for them to announce it within the next few weeks!! GUT you boys finally landed the big one!!
pjdoug Wrote:keep Jewell in Corbin.

Send Jewell on down the road we have had enough. :please:
how well was dudley liked in bell co? always heard peopel and players didnt like him, he didnt even get his bell co players to go to pikeville to play for him apparently
Go Big Red! Wrote:Boys what I've been telling you for the last 3 months is about to come out!!! Dudley and his wife were at the Whitley co BOE Friday!! You can bet your sweet butt it wasn't just to stop and say hi. I look for them to announce it within the next few weeks!! GUT you boys finally landed the big one!!

I hope you're not just blowing smoke. I would like to see what Hilton could do at Whitley Co.
oldhound70s Wrote:A lot of talk about Steve Jewell being interested. You can have him Gut but Willard has to go with him��:Thumbs:
^^
:lmao:

Name somebody already!!!
We've had over 430 posts of hype.....
Go Big Red! Wrote:Boys what I've been telling you for the last 3 months is about to come out!!! Dudley and his wife were at the Whitley co BOE Friday!! You can bet your sweet butt it wasn't just to stop and say hi. I look for them to announce it within the next few weeks!! GUT you boys finally landed the big one!!

He may have been there to see what they had to offer but like I have said if it is teaching job with it. You can forget it.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:He may have been there to see what they had to offer but like I have said if it is teaching job with it. You can forget it.

I don't know what the deal is?? Someone else has to have some info on this. I know a person with a little insight but it seems everyone else is tight lipped.

is there proof he was at Whitley BOE? lol
Go Big Red! Wrote:Send Jewell on down the road we have had enough. :please:

send him to Jellico.:betterthanexpected:
pjdoug Wrote:is there proof he was at Whitley BOE? lol

None just hersay! Maybe tommy trying to get a bidding war started for dud at Corbin and Whitley lol.

With new finance rules in place recently, "extra pay" has become tough to legally do. Most schools barely find ways to feed players and pay for coaches state championship tickets b/c of "red book" rules.

The days of hiring some to just coach Are pretty much over!!
TrueDawg Wrote:None just hersay! Maybe tommy trying to get a bidding war started for dud at Corbin and Whitley lol.

With new finance rules in place recently, "extra pay" has become tough to legally do. Most schools barely find ways to feed players and pay for coaches state championship tickets b/c of "red book" rules.

well let Tommy take over as new coach at Corbin lol
Heard today that in fact Dudley is a done deal at Whitley............
TrueDawg Wrote:None just hersay! Maybe tommy trying to get a bidding war started for dud at Corbin and Whitley lol. <br />
<br />
With new finance rules in place recently, "extra pay" has become tough to legally do. Most schools barely find ways to feed players and pay for coaches state championship tickets b/c of "red book" rules. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

There is virtually zero chance that Coach Hilton would end up at Corbin, even if there were an opening(which there isn't) and even if he were looking for a new job(no one seems to know if he is or is not).
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Heard today that in fact Dudley is a done deal at Whitley............

and where did you hear that?:biggrin:
any sources?
I will not name my source here or in private...........but heard it was done on Saturday this past week.
hmmm
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next