Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
BDC Wrote:Which Lawson? The one at Jellico or the one who left Dunbar? I do no think either has seperated themselves with any sucess as a high school head coach. I would only make this move if you could surrond them with a quality staff with a lot of experience. I will say that both guys are really good people, and it would not be the worst thing that Whitley could do.

Brad Lawson at Jellico. Like I said he will need a good supporting cast of assistants. But, I think he would bring a much needed excitement to the program. With him one of the best perks would be keeping WC kids at WC and even pulling some from that would normally be Corbin kids. He hasn't produced like you would want in a coach, but how many could at Jellico. My biggest complaint with wanting a proven HC is what about the great assistants who haven't been given a chance cause they have no HC experience. Or the younger guys haven't proved themselves yet, but they're never given the opportunities. They can hire a good proven coach in the area that has reached his ceiling. Or they can go for a young guy that knows the game, has something to prove, can relate to kids, and hasn't even scratched the surface yet with their potential.
Messages In This Thread
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley? - by goBIGblue82 - 11-11-2013, 02:59 PM