Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lexington Catholic
75.76%
Russell Co.
24.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic @ Russell County 11/15
A couple interesting facts......
Teams Russell County have beaten have lost 71% of their games
Teams Lexington Cath have beaten have lost 70% of their games

The Last team with a winning record the Lakers played was Knox whom we beat 33-0 (week 9)
The Last team with a winning record the Knights beat was Mercer whom they defeated 34-6 (week 6)

The Lakers lost to a great team in our fourth game
The Knights lost their first, second and seventh games to great teams

It has been 7 weeks since the Lakers have played a quality team
It has been 4 weeks since the Knights were shut out by Boyle
(It has been a while since either team faced an opponent as good as they will see standing across the field on Friday!)

I expect a close game between two good teams!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:A couple interesting facts......

The Last team with a winning record the Lakers played was Knox whom we beat 33-0 (week 9)
The Last team with a winning record the Knights beat was Mercer whom they defeated 34-6 (week 6)

(It has been a while since either team faced an opponent as good as they will see standing across the field on Friday!)

Now lets not let facts get in the way of opinion. We both know that the only thing that matters is how good the team's you played were.....doesn't matter how bad they beat you. Like stated earlier, there's nothing we can throw at LC that they haven't already seen.....I'll bet they don't even bother watching any game film on the Lakers. Heck why would they when they've got that film of them vs BG, St. X, BC, etc. Those are the games that matter come playoff time. :biglmao:
Don't know who will win, but I will be pulling for Russell Co. Go Lakers!!!!!!!!
By the way, I'm a Boyle Co. fan. Would love to see you guys come to Boyle Co. Good luck Russell Co.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:A couple interesting facts......

laker20 Wrote:Now lets not let facts get in the way of opinion. We both know that the only thing that matters is how good the team's you played were.....doesn't matter how bad they beat you. Like stated earlier, there's nothing we can throw at LC that they haven't already seen.....I'll bet they don't even bother watching any game film on the Lakers. Heck why would they when they've got that film of them vs BG, St. X, BC, etc. Those are the games that matter come playoff time. :biglmao:

First off Lexington Catholic didn't get shut out by Boyle County, they lost 22-13. Secondly, are you really counting Russell County's win over Knox Central as a win over a quality team? No offense to Knox Central fans but this was not a good Knox Central team. They went 6-5 and their best win was a 1 point win over a 6-5 2A Prestonsburg team. Knox Central was average (and well below their average of the last several seasons) at best. And yes, in the pre-district schedule the quality and types of teams that you play matter much more than how many you beat as long as you get out of it healthy. Ask Louisville Central and Newport Catholic if they'd rather go 10-0 or 9-1 in the regular season or play for a state championship almost every year. But hey, have at it. Keep scheduling cupcakes and having to buy a ticket if you ever want to see a playoff game beyond the 2nd round.

But with that said good luck. I really do hope Russell County pulls the upset.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Stuff like this gets on my nerves. Some posters on this site like drama more than 7th grade girls! Show me that pitchfork mentality from any of our regular posters on the site. What we "all know" is that if you say anything good about a team other than the traditional powers of 4A you are quickly reminded how foolish your are to think that you have a chance against such powerhouses.

Funny how you have spent a lot of time on this thread. Why don't you focus on beating Mercer? As for the country folks down here in Russell County we will all gather on Friday to cheer on our underdog, overmatched Lakers! If by chance we can pull off the HUGE upset and you take care of Mercer again, then we will all load up our pickup trucks and hay wagons and make our way to titletown the next week! Don't worry, we will leave our pitchforks at home!

I should have known that would hit a nerve. What was I thinking? I honestly thought it would be taken as a joke but as kids sometimes do, they get offended. And I like all the sarcasm, but please, we all know RC has a good team so don't try to abuse the underdog role too much.

As for ME beating Mercer, I believe I will let the 40+ players on the Boyle County roster take care of that this week. I am a casual fan, sure I have the name "BoyleCounty" because I am an alum but I call it like I see. I don't see Boyle County winning state this year just like I don't see Russell County beating Lexington Catholic. Like it, love it, hate it, get over it. Also, I will post on any thread I choose, thank you! <- Yes, I am bit of a Rebel! :Thumbs:

Also, I have posted SEVERAL times that I hope Russell County beats Lexington Catholic. I will continue to stand by that as I believe the kids and county deserves it.
Rocky Top Wrote:Don't know who will win, but I will be pulling for Russell Co. Go Lakers!!!!!!!!
By the way, I'm a Boyle Co. fan. Would love to see you guys come to Boyle Co. Good luck Russell Co.

I hope Russell County wins as well. Russell County gave the Rebels all they wanted and more last season and that alone makes me want to see the Lakers again. Good luck Lakers!
Walt Longmire Wrote:First off Lexington Catholic didn't get shut out by Boyle County, they lost 22-13. Secondly, are you really counting Russell County's win over Knox Central as a win over a quality team? No offense to Knox Central fans but this was not a good Knox Central team. They went 6-5 and their best win was a 1 point win over a 6-5 2A Prestonsburg team. Knox Central was average (and well below their average of the last several seasons) at best. And yes, in the pre-district schedule the quality and types of teams that you play matter much more than how many you beat as long as you get out of it healthy. Ask Louisville Central and Newport Catholic if they'd rather go 10-0 or 9-1 in the regular season or play for a state championship almost every year. But hey, have at it. Keep scheduling cupcakes and having to buy a ticket if you ever want to see a playoff game beyond the 2nd round.

But with that said good luck. I really do hope Russell County pulls the upset.

Not sure why I said Lex Cath was shut out by Boyle. My bad.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I should have known that would hit a nerve. What was I thinking? I honestly thought it would be taken as a joke but as kids sometimes do, they get offended. And I like all the sarcasm, but please, we all know RC has a good team so don't try to abuse the underdog role too much.

As for ME beating Mercer, I believe I will let the 40+ players on the Boyle County roster take care of that this week. I am a casual fan, sure I have the name "BoyleCounty" because I am an alum but I call it like I see. I don't see Boyle County winning state this year just like I don't see Russell County beating Lexington Catholic. Like it, love it, hate it, get over it. Also, I will post on any thread I choose, thank you! <- Yes, I am bit of a Rebel! :Thumbs:

Also, I have posted SEVERAL times that I hope Russell County beats Lexington Catholic. I will continue to stand by that as I believe the kids and county deserves it.

Now common Boyle, don't worry bout us lakers, it is all fun. I agree. That's the only thing that makes this site special. We will not get personnel but we will throw it back at you . In the end, the boys will play it out on the field. I can speak for most of the laker fans on here that foremost we want our kids to be men on the field and play their hearts out. If our kids will do that then win or lose we will be proud. If victory comes with that then all the better!!! But let the smack talk continue before the game!! We love it!!!
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Now common Boyle, don't worry bout us lakers, it is all fun. I agree. That's the only thing that makes this site special. We will not get personnel but we will throw it back at you . In the end, the boys will play it out on the field. I can speak for most of the laker fans on here that foremost we want our kids to be men on the field and play their hearts out. If our kids will do that then win or lose we will be proud. If victory comes with that then all the better!!! But let the smack talk continue before the game!! We love it!!!

Football isn't about winning and losing. There is lessons to be learned and I think everyone can agree with that. Friday nights are about the boys! :Thumbs:
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Now common Boyle, don't worry bout us lakers, it is all fun. I agree. That's the only thing that makes this site special. We will not get personnel but we will throw it back at you . In the end, the boys will play it out on the field. I can speak for most of the laker fans on here that foremost we want our kids to be men on the field and play their hearts out. If our kids will do that then win or lose we will be proud. If victory comes with that then all the better!!! But let the smack talk continue before the game!! We love it!!!

My son is a jr. that plays on LexCath's football team and after asking him how the Laker's looked on film, if LexCath gets beat it won't be because we over looked RC, it will be because the Laker's simply out played the Knights...........I just hope both teams come out injury free.
Good luck to both teams friday, should be a great game. Hope we get by Mercer and look forward to whichever team comes to Rebel stadium next week.
Lex Cath 40, RC 27
I like my Lakers by a score in this one 28 to 21,go Lakers .By the way does anyone know what time the game kicks off?
rc58 Wrote:I like my Lakers by a score in this one 28 to 21,go Lakers .By the way does anyone know what time the game kicks off?

Your time 7:00 CST.
Keep the Laker family in your prayers as long time Laker supporter, team doctor, and fan Dr. Charles E. Peck passed away last night. He was also the Grandfather of our OC Adam Ellis and QB Blake Ellis. He was a great man and will be greatly missed!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Keep the Laker family in your prayers as long time Laker supporter, team doctor, and fan Dr. Charles E. Peck passed away last night. He was also the Grandfather of our OC Adam Ellis and QB Blake Ellis. He was a great man and will be greatly missed!

It will be a strange game without Dr. Peck on the sideline. There have been very few games where he wasn't right there in case either team's players needed medical attention. He will be missed by all of the Laker family, and my prayers go out to the entire Peck family.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:Keep the Laker family in your prayers as long time Laker supporter, team doctor, and fan Dr. Charles E. Peck passed away last night. He was also the Grandfather of our OC Adam Ellis and QB Blake Ellis. He was a great man and will be greatly missed!

Hate to hear it. Sorry for the team and the boys loss.
The Lakers will give Catholic every thing they want and maybe more. In the end I say Catholic by a score but wouldn't shock me either way.
I haven't had a chance to watch film from the Lex Cath/Rock game. I did notice that the Knights only rushed for 76 yards and threw for about 150. That is not many yards considering the Knights scored over 50. What happened? Did the defense or special teams score and or did they get a bunch of short fields? Just wondering.
Not sure Preacher. Lexington Catholic held Rockcastle County to -29 yards rushing which is impressive, but gave up over 200 yards passing. I'm assuming with the stats as close as they are that they forced a lot of turnovers and got touchdowns from special teams and defense. Maybe a Catholic fan can shed some light.
I honestly expect a very good game between these two Friday night. I would not be shocked to see the Lakers win this game at all, even though I think the experience of the Knights playing in games like this every year probably gives them an edge.

1. Go Lakers...do Jabez Proud!!!
2. Wish I was going to the game if for no other reason then to have an excuse to go to Coe's for catfish before the game
BoyleCounty Wrote:Not sure Preacher. Lexington Catholic held Rockcastle County to -29 yards rushing which is impressive, but gave up over 200 yards passing. I'm assuming with the stats as close as they are that they forced a lot of turnovers and got touchdowns from special teams and defense. Maybe a Catholic fan can shed some light.

I was not at the game. I was at Lafayette instead, but from what my fellow brothers who were at Lex Cath game. FIELD POSITION/ short field to work with for Lex Cath. Rocks had 200 yards passing, 80 came from 1 huge play. Don't get me wrong, Rock came out swinging from what I heard. Even up by 6-0, then 13-7 at one point. Field position, pick 6, a safety and short field was the difference.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Not sure Preacher. Lexington Catholic held Rockcastle County to -29 yards rushing which is impressive, but gave up over 200 yards passing. I'm assuming with the stats as close as they are that they forced a lot of turnovers and got touchdowns from special teams and defense. Maybe a Catholic fan can shed some light.

Oh and a punt or kick off return for TD was the others.
I watched the Lex Cath vs Boyle Co game on ihigh the other night, and think this has the potential to be one of those games that comes Dow to the wire. The Lakers must win the turnover battle and pit pressure on the QB. If we allow him too much time, he will make us pay. They had a lot of dropped balls that weren't on the QB.

First, very sorry to hear about the team doctor. Prayers to the family.

There was a punt return for a TD in the 2nd quarter.

Also, the last three 'drives' were 40 yards (1 play - pass to Letton), 1 yard (1 play after interception) and 14 yards (1 play after turnover on downs inside own redzone). Total time: 0:22 seconds.

RC ran out of gas - but kept playing and did not just want to punt away late in the game.

There longest run was 13 yards. Most were 3 yards or less. Only 20 total runs. The Knights had 13 TFLs for 88 yards of loss vs. 63 yards gained for the net -25. 6 of the TFLs were sacks. So the other 7 were running plays behind tackled behind the line. I had heard that RC has a good lineman go down the week before so that may have hurt them in the running game. But they favored the pass all season anyway as well.

Russell Co. looks a lot like Boyle in the running game it appears. So it will be a challenge for the Knights.
It's game day and with all do respect to all the participants on here and all the junk/ trash talking. No animosity on my part. Lex Cath is a traditional great 3A/4A program with a couple of state titles. Russell County has proven to be on the rise in the last few season. I just hope for a clean good officiating game and all players come out injury free. Lex Cath have a blessed trip to and from Russell County and GOOD LUCK to both teams.
Is anyone going to post updates on this game tonight? I would love to see this game!
Does Catholic still platoon?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Does Catholic still platoon?

Platoon in where or what positions?
Does Catholic play ANYONE both ways?