Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status of Boone County Football
Well the season is over for 3/4 of Boone County's football programs so lets review the seasons.

Ryle- 2 - 9 - Worst season in school history.
Boone- 0 - 11 - Worst season in school history
Cooper- 2 - 9 - Ties worst season in school history.
Conner- 7 - 4 - Decent season with the best player they've ever had
Walton- 9 - 2 - Best season in school history.

A combined 20 - 35

Ryle will indeed go thru some changes this season. Boone had a 1st year head coach who will have an easy season next year to show improvement. Cooper was known this would be a down year (Just not that down). Conner should be down next year. Walton looks to keep rolling and building the stellar program that the foundation has been made for.
Boone County - The football land that progress forgot.Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
^maybe if a couple of these teams moved away from the 1940s offense they would not be forgotten
TNT-MB1 Wrote:^maybe if a couple of these teams moved away from the 1940s offense they would not be forgotten

I think its players. Heck Dixie beat 3 BC teams with a 1940s offence.
One thing that is very evident is the commitment of the district in terms of facilities. Kenton and Campbell Counties have improved their facilities including training and stadiums. The coaching pay is better than most. Boone County schools (outside of Ryle) still play on grass fields and have very limited training facilities. In addition, Kenton County Schools are open enrollment which means athletic or academic advantages between different schools can be leveraged by any student in the distric. You are not confined to high school choice simply by boundry.
Pick6 Wrote:One thing that is very evident is the commitment of the district in terms of facilities. Kenton and Campbell Counties have improved their facilities including training and stadiums. The coaching pay is better than most. Boone County schools (outside of Ryle) still play on grass fields and have very limited training facilities. In addition, Kenton County Schools are open enrollment which means athletic or academic advantages between different schools can be leveraged by any student in the distric. You are not confined to high school choice simply by boundry.

When did having a turf make a kid a better player? Dixie has the smallest weight room in 6a.
autopart101 Wrote:When did having a turf make a kid a better player? Dixie has the smallest weight room in 6a.

Not True- Ryle has a weight room that triples as a locker room, and a science experiment. Facilities are an issue in Boone County. Having said that I would tell you that Ryle clearly has the best academics in Northern Kentucky. Don't take my word look it up!
autopart101 Wrote:When did having a turf make a kid a better player? Dixie has the smallest weight room in 6a.

Dixie's facility was built first. SK was second and got additional space for an indoor practice facility and weight rooms. I have not been in Scott's but it was the last built and I understand it is even better than SK.

The bottom line is that the KC BOE got tired of losing athletes to CC, NC and BW and invested in facilities and coaching. If you look at the state off all three KC programs, you would have to conclude this commitment has paid off. I also expect that BW, CC and NC will start to decline because the flow of athletes from Kenton County has slowed down to trickle.

On the other hand, if folks in Boone County programs don't improve the competitiveness of their programs ........