Who will win this district
Belfry
Prestonsburg
Shelby Valley
Pike Cental
East Ridge
Sheldon Clark
Magoffin County

i believe the front runner is pburg or belfry but with the talent shelby valley return the may actually claim there first district title
I totally agree with you kyfootballfan! Valley is ruturning some good talent and will be a pretty good team next year!
Lets not forget that Sheldon Clark and Magoffin County are also in this district.

I think Pburg will be the team to beat, followed closely by Belfry.

Shelby Valley lost to Belfry and Prestonsburg by a combined 87 points last season. They did manage to score some points on the second teams after both games were out of hand.

What will be the difference that will help the Wildcats overcome an 87 point deficit? That is a lot of ground to cover.
the biggest reason is valley loses basically 3 major contributers and every one else loses a whole slew of player

sorry bout not including sheldon clark and magoffin county in the thread
P-burg for sure.........belfry loses too much and well the others.....errrr well you know
I see pburg winning district next year. Belfry coming in second. Valley i agree has talent but they dont have a coach! But, belfry could be beating prestonsburg this year also. Haywood has always got under the skin of Pburg somehow some way.
pburg without a try i mena they will win the distirct easy

Posted Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:58 pm:

belfry has no chance to win unless they recruit which they proably will
I thought pburg was going to beat them last year but they didnt..so..you really never know.
Coach Mac Wrote:pburg without a try i mena they will win the distirct easy

Posted Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:58 pm:

belfry has no chance to win unless they recruit which they proably will

To say belfy has no chance is ludacris. Did anyone think they would win state in 03? Not many. How about 04? Even the Belfry fans started off sketchy. Now they don't have their almighty backfield, but I would lay too much money against them.

P'burg may win district, but I'm don't knwo if I would consider it easy or not.
The Blackcats or Pirates... From what i hear, they are supposed to pretty good this year, though i haven't heard anything about Shleby Valley,
we'll just have to wait and see
Belfry will win it might be another war with p-burg but there is no way that valley will win.. belfry and p-burg always has a good team no matter who they loose
1. Shelby Valley- to much talent returning not to be here with proper coaching
2. Belfry- nuff said
3. p-burg- hamilton and company will have a good nucleuse returning
4. Sheldon Clark- lot of talent coming back should be back into the playoffs
5 East Ridge- New coaches same players may be year or two before the reach there first playoff game
6. P.C.- Varney isnt enough to take them to a 500 record
7. Magoffin County- not a very good team last year nuthing will change this year
P-burg may return a good line, but they have unproven skill position players for this up coming season. If p-burg has some players step up at these positions they may possibly when this district. David Shaffer is a good defensive player, and has a rocket of an arm...but he's still unproven at the qb position. If p-burg doesnt have people step up and fill in the gaps at the skill positions, i will have to say that Belfry would be my pick. So, as of right now its a toss up between those to teams, just depends on how each team recovers from graduation.
does anyone from prestonsburg know if adams or any other feeder schools to pburg sqaured off with virgie i know virgie and turkey creek plays year in and year out with virgie winning the last 5 meetings i think
kyfootballfan Wrote:1. Shelby Valley- to much talent returning not to be here with proper coaching
2. Belfry- nuff said
3. p-burg- hamilton and company will have a good nucleuse returning
4. Sheldon Clark- lot of talent coming back should be back into the playoffs
5 East Ridge- New coaches same players may be year or two before the reach there first playoff game
6. P.C.- Varney isnt enough to take them to a 500 record
7. Magoffin County- not a very good team last year nuthing will change this year

lol Please tell me you are joking. :lol:
LOL Oh brother here we go again with the SV is world beaters thread.
no way valley has a chance I look for it to come down to p-burg or belfry...whats new lol
P-burg should win this District, but they dont have much luck against Haywood.
lol yeah please tell us u r jokin..
lmao
Belfry and P-Burg although Valley and Er may b there
i still say pburg or belfry no way any other team contends
While they play at Pburg this year, Belfry will win this years matchup due to coaching and this game will be for the district championship.
1-Belfry
2-Pburg
3-Sheldon Clark
4-Pike Central