Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best 3A team ?
My pick goes out to the pirates.
I'll take the 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2012 3A champions...
and will take them until someone whips their ass and proves differently. To be the man, you gotta beat the man. The MAN is Tyrran Scroggins and the Central Yellowjackets.
Ditto 0304!
Belfry is no. 1 in my opinion. When it's all over they will be standing on top of the mound.
Central is at the moment.
Central till somebody beats them
There really cant be any one else on top of the heap other than Central. Whether this is the year another 3A program can somehow "de-crown" the champs remain to be seen.
There is Central......

Then There is Belfry....

Then there is everyone else until a 3A team proves they can beat them.
There's a saying in the boxing world "Your not the champ until you've defended your title"

Central has done more than defend their 3A state title.... Until somebody KO's the yellowjackets, they are the best.
What does best mean? Best record? Best stats? Who wins the title? There is probably more perceived parity in 3A this year than in the past five. But you have to go with Central until someone takes it from them. Thus far, Belfry has shown it is incapable of beating Central.
Central until someone beats them.

Wayne and Belfry both had great regular seasons and would have to get some mention as well.
Have to say... Central, But IMO this year will be the toughest road that Central has had
in awhile. There are several teams capable of knocking them off the throne this year!
I think Wayne has a really good chance to beat central specially with Guffey and the 3 really good athletic WR's his got specially Perkins!
This is like me starting a thread and asking who the best team in the NFL is and then chooing the Ravens

You Belfry fans and your threads Confusednicker:

Oh and BTW, Wayne County
1. Belfry
1. Wayne Co
3. Central
4. Bourbon Co
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. South Warren
7. Mason Co.
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Monroe

Tie for me Wayne and Belfry with a very close 3 for Central then a big Gap and everyone else
Word going around is that South Warren may get 6-2, 205 LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe back for week two of the playoffs. He has been on an extended medical leave recovering from a metabolic disorder.
I will say that I think PT can be. They just have to stay focused and play with discipline.
I believe Belfry will make it to the finals and play any of 4 teams that could come out of the west. Central, Tilghman, Wayne Co, or South Warren could end up facing the Pirates. Any of these teams should give Belfry a good game, but I think this is Belfry's year.
Objective Wrote:1. Belfry
1. Wayne Co
3. Central
4. Bourbon Co
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. South Warren
7. Mason Co.
8. Bell Co
9. Corbin
10. Monroe

Tie for me Wayne and Belfry with a very close 3 for Central then a big Gap and everyone else

I think Bourbon and PT will show how big that gap isnt.
Wayne County vs Belfry :welcome: From Williamsburg
South Warren has a good D. Bourbon is better than you think they are they will give Belfry fits and I think will beat Belfry in 3 weeks. I still say Central and Bourbon for the title.
Jason Frakes @ The C-J does not pick Central to win 3A.
I think Wayne County is the best 3A team. Central barely got by them last year.
I'm not very familiar with Wayne Co., but what makes them so coveted? Their schedule looks no better than that of Bourbon's. Bell Co. is down, Southwestern, South Laurel, Rockcastle, McCreary Central, Casey all have terrible records
The one common opponent they have in Garrard Co., scored the same amount of points other than I'm assuming Bourbons QB didn't play that game.
So why does Wayne Co. get all the love?
Most of the talk promoting Wayne comes from people who think (hope) they will beat Central, thus cracking 3A wide open.

Wayne still has to 'splain what happened @ home against Corbin since no one else can. Corbin will go back there intending to win. Was it a weakness or an anomaly?
cardinal_Power Wrote:I think Wayne has a really good chance to beat central specially with Guffey and the 3 really good athletic WR's his got specially Perkins!

You can't out-athlete Central. They've always has blazing speed all over the field.

Central until someone else proves otherwise.
watch Wayne County and you will see they are a talented,well coached and tough football team.as are Belfry,Central,Bourbon etc.looks like Central will have a tough road this year.
Have to go with central until someone beats them. With that said this could be the year that central doesn't make it to the finales. If that does happen then for 2013 it will be either wayne or belfry which ever wins the title.
Central puts the pieces together for another championship run.
I still say Bourbon maybe Belfry, I just dont see Central winning it this year, Its hard to win 3 straight years, I dont care how good you are it very difficult.