Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East - West all star game.
CCRebels Wrote:I'm pretty sure we all agree there is a lot to do and choose from. I don't think anyone is questioning the hard work and dedication. It's the process that I struggle with. Especially when I summitted 3 lineman. I just find it troubling that a team like wayne that made it to the championship game has 0 players to make it and that at the tryouts i was told my 6'3 guard made the team but don't get an email about him telling me he has. It's hard to communicate to the parents about what is going on when we don't know ourselves and [B]get the majority of our information from message boards
[/B]

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I swear, and I hope I don't come off disrespectful. Message boards are a horrible place to get any information and expect any accuracy. Boards, blogs, etc are opinion based forums that people use for the most part, pertaining to this thread, to vent. If you are a coach and you you have questions then call, text, email a board member and ask directly. There is no better form of communication than the "horse's mouth." All who were involved in the tryouts in Lexington saw the overwhelming turn out. It was truly a sight in and of itself to see, in my opinion, simply awesome. Don't forget that there were also hundreds of film submitted. I know, we all know there was a lot of submissions has been said, but to cut short the people, process, or kids is not what we should be doing here. Every team has "horses" and "studs", every team. Not everybody's best can make the first cut; there simply are not that many spots. I guess I just wish for once this could be an event that we all support from the top down, even if we see flaws, we keep our focus on the big picture. Everybody includes players, coaches, parents, committee, volunteers, family, etc, etc, etc. Let's be positive and not so quick to assume someone or something is incompetent or unfair. All people involved have done the very best they can to include as many children and schools as possible. Congratulations to all kids for an awesome year of middle school football.
@badbunton - most logical, reasonable, and rational post I've seen on this site in a long time.

Thank for saying that.

Believe me, we wish we could take every player. It's hard to whittle down 500+ submissions for these 180 spots.
@CCRebels - please email any of the committee members if you have a question.

We do not communicate with coaches or ADs using message boards. We use this page to disseminate information and make announcements only.
You guys are in the East. It's a little different on this side.
BcatBacker Wrote:I agree. It is a tough process with alot of players to go through. I heard they had 30 QBs and 50 RBs turn in applications just for the 8th grade team. We have had kids in the past miss out playing because they ran out of slots. The selection committee do the best they can - all you can do is turn in an application, a highlight video and hope for the best.
I have to agree with BcatBacker. Think we have to also remember there are a lot of talented kids out there that are on teams that did not have a lot of success -- so they did not get the exposure or recognition others got. But when you put them around other talented kids -- like in a tryout -- they shine. That does not take away anything from the other kids who are on teams that had success. But this is a competition to get on the team and the coaches have tough decisions to make. In the end some are going to like the results and some are not. But the kids who do not make it have nothing to be ashamed of. If they have the talent and drive their day will come. Congrats to all who make it and keep your head up to those who did not get selected. In case your wondering my son did not try out so I have no stake in this.
Mcats10 Wrote:The same goes with Franklin Simpson, no one selected. They won their conference, and the team goes 10-2 on the year. They have three of the best backs in the state, one with over 2,200 yards and 23 tds this year. He won the MVP of the west all star team and won the fastest 40yrd. in the combine last year. The other had over 1,500 hundred yards and many touchdowns. Our fullback is one of the best blocking and hard working backs out there. Two of the boys were selected to the All star teams last year and wasn't good enough this year with stats like those. Our schedule was filled with good teams too. Bowling Green,Monroe, Glasgow, Drakes Creek, Graves, Christian Co.. Good luck to those kids who made it. In my opinion some of our guys should have too.

I'm not sure what is going on with the emailing process. We received email this morning that the FS boys emails were never sent, and it was a mix up. We had three of our kids to make it. Just to update my previous email.
I don't know if anyone from Williamsburg made the team this year or not, but some were deserving. If your player or son didn't make it they should use it as motivation for high school. A couple of years ago we had a pretty successful team that made it to regional final. 5 players were nominated from that team and 4 made it. Guess which of those five kids is the only one to play in every high school game the past two years and he only one to start every game this year. (Granted one has only missed due to injuries)
No one can argue that the KMSFA have some dedicated volunteers, however, the system/communication needs a vast amount of improvement. The East-West and KY rosters still are not posted and I can't think of a valid reason why. Further, the notification process has a lot to be desired. We were never told, specifically, how the kids would find out. People were posting (past and present) that coaches would be notified and tell their own athletes, letters would be sent, emails would be sent to either coaches or players directly. Parents mentioned this on the Facebook page without reply. Our son attended the tryouts and no where (on the form we had) did it request an email address. I have to wonder if kids who did not submit an email were automatically put in "file 13". Just post the roster...please.
Can we get a list of players yet???
Trying to let our son play but not sure we can afford the fees plus hotel, food, and gas before the holidays. Property taxes, cars, etc.. all hit the last two months. Wish there was a way to just borrow the uniforms, or to buy the jersey and not the rest of the stuff. I'd rather have a plaque or something as a keep sake for him to hang up when he's older.
So, I see the ky team posted. When will the East/West team be posted?
A little over a week till East - West Allstar Weekend and still no rosters posted. Surely most of the players should have said yea or nay by now. What say you on posting the rosters.
Whats the rosters for the East/West game?
Go east
Hello KYMSFA, are you out there?
Wonder if they will have a flyer at the game with the players? Because does not look like we can get one here or on their Facebook page. Would be nice to know who finally made it and from what schools...
I'm not speaking for them, as I don't know 100%, but in past years you can buy a $5 program that has all the participating players listed. It has pictures of the teams, players from almost all the state teams, etc. It's pretty nice, especially if you coach it's really nice to have. It will probably also be posted on Ihigh and the KMSFA at some point. The game will, or was last year, be televised on Ihigh, live stream, and be archived. So if you don't take a video cam, they will probably have the game on there to watch, for years.
I'll be there,( Lord willing)taking plenty of pictures of my grandson. He's the only one i know who made it. LOL. He was a Qb. for Southern Middle in Somerset.
Is there a site that the rosters for all the teams are located on? Thanks
Watched 8 grade east practice yesterday. From what I saw they only had one qb that was any good, Miller from LCA.
The Qbs from Johnson Central & JCTMS were playing defense.
Their D looked good though. I guess it always takes the offense a little longer to come around.

The 7 grade east was really struggling with finding a qb.
I thought these were supposed to be hand selected from a KYMSFA panel.
Shoulderpads Wrote:Watched 8 grade east practice yesterday. From what I saw they only had one qb that was any good, Miller from LCA.
The Qbs from Johnson Central & JCTMS were playing defense.
Their D looked good though. I guess it always takes the offense a little longer to come around.

The 7 grade east was really struggling with finding a qb.
I thought these were supposed to be hand selected from a KYMSFA panel.

I'm not shocked that Gound or Kelly are playing DB, they are more athletes than QB's. I know Johnson County's 7th grade QB is down there playing, and getting reps at QB. He's pretty good and could read the belly at the end of the year. Throws a pretty decent ball for a 7th grader. I'd be shocked that he's struggling, I'm surprised Corbin's 7th grade QB didn't make it or chose not to, he seems pretty special.
There is definitely some talented 7th graders coming out of Johnson County and that area. There is also a kid from Paintsville looking good on the defensive side and Prestonsburg has an animal that looks like he could play linebacker and defensive line. The area is currently a hotbed of young talent.
JCEAGLE1 Wrote:There is definitely some talented 7th graders coming out of Johnson County and that area. There is also a kid from Paintsville looking good on the defensive side and Prestonsburg has an animal that looks like he could play linebacker and defensive line. The area is currently a hotbed of young talent.

You sound familiar
KYMSFA once again put on a great all star weekend. If I had one complaint it would to be more strict on the coaches to make sure kids got if not equal at least adequate playing time. With 48 minutes there is plenty enough time to get kids playing time.
I agree with this. I know there is no guarantee of playing time, but this is an all star event. All the kids deserve playing time. It will be hard to keep this event going if a large number of parents go away unhappy and discourage other parents in their area from paying the fees.
As a member of the 8th Grade East coaching staff, we made a special effort to make sure all the kids played close to the same amount. Saying that - - some of the substitutions depended on game situations and some kids played more than others. We did our best to put the kids in a situation to show off their talent.
I thought the weekend went pretty smooth and our game turned into a barnburner. I know the kids I spoke to had a good time and enjoyed meeting other kids from different schools. Thanks to all the people who put on the event.
Had a great weekend. Proud of all the kids from the east especially from region 4 way to go guys