Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toughest Road to Bowling Green
Just looking at all of the brackets in all classes, it appears Johnson Central will have the toughest road to Bowling Green. Thoughts and opinions ? (I know someone will say one game at a time)! This is just for conversation sake and fun!
Anyone on the "east" side of the bracket of 4A has the toughest road to Bowling Green! Highlands, Boyle, Lex Cath, Johnson Central, Russell Co, Cov Cath are all on the same side!
You are correct! That was my point. Didn't mean to single anyone out. Thanks.
I would say the toughest road to Bowling Green would have to be a 4 seed who is 0-10.
6a
Boone 0-10
Have to travel 4 1/2 hours one way for first playoff game. If they win they would possibly drive another 5 hours one way the next week.

IF
TNT-MB1 Wrote:6a
Boone 0-10
Have to travel 4 1/2 hours one way for first playoff game. If they win they would possibly drive another 5 hours one way the next week.

IF

:igiveup: That's some serious wear and tear.......
^
Emergency Room Afternoon.
I think DeSales has one of the toughest. It's our own fault though. if we wouldn't have botched the game at CAL we wouldn't be in this situation. To make it to BG, we'll have to go on the rd in the second round and beat the #4 team in Glasgow. If we get bast them, then we have to return and play the #2 team CAL at their place. If we win that one we have to head toward Princeton to play #1 Caldwell Co. That"
s a pretty tough lineup.
4A and 5A is Highlands and Bowling Green to loose. 6A is still up in the air, but as far as defending it. Trinity is still favor and Saint X is near 2nd. I don't care what SK fan. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my words.
Caverna. They have to travel to Mayfield first round.
Johnson Central will not get past the kings of 4a.
Boone 0-10

IF

That's insane.....
The kids will probably enjoy the ride though. Sometimes adults tend to forget the good times you can have with your friends on the way to things like this. Relax.
Maybe a Mayfield fan can confirm or deny this......

Didn't Mayfield have to travel to Lawrence County or vis versa for the playoffs in th 90's?
I can't recall that one for sure. It seems like in the travel years we always have to travel great distances. In 2010 we had to travel about 3 hours to play Holy Cross in week 3 of the playoffs. We then had to travel 5 hours the very next week to Beechwood. Last year we had to travel over 3 hours to play KCD. The next week once again we had to travel 5 hours to play Beechwood.
Am I the only one who thinks a win-less 0-10 team doesn't deserve a spot in the state playoffs? Give the #1 seed a bye if that's the case. Earn your keep or watch from home.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks a win-less 0-10 team doesn't deserve a spot in the state playoffs? Give the #1 seed a bye if that's the case. Earn your keep or watch from home.

I agree 100% with you.

If you are 0-10, 1-9 or even 2-8 you DO NOT deserve a playoff spot.

I know the KHSAA had some people complain and the bleeding hearts listened and that's why we have the 6 class system now.

Because in every other sport but football... no matter their record, every team gets atleast 1 post season game.

Playoffs should be something you EARN!!!
Boone 0-10

IF

I think the other side of 6A has the toughest road to BG. :hilarious: T, X, Male, Manuel, Scott Co., did I miss anyone? :popcorn: All fighting it out for 1 spot. I really feal bad for them too.:lmao:
1991 Lawrence Co. had to travel to Mayfield for the semi. Mayfield won 21-18.
I understand that it isn't probably a good thing to reward teams for not winning by sending them to the playoffs. However, that is the system. I do think the ones that are playing that have those types of records will still enjoy themselves though. And, after all, is that not what the idea of high school sports supposed to be about. It is about learning comradre and being healthy. I think when people put them down for being able to play it does not do any good for the sport or for the kids. Lets just accept it and let the kids enjoy themselves.
Middlesboro will have to go through Somerset, Danville, Newport Central Catholic, then Caldwell County if all goes as predicted. Sounds pretty tough to me
^I'd look at it like an extra week of practice for the following year. Always keep teaching.
JC has to go through Cov Cath and Highlands!! Toughest!!
In my experience it's Hwy 58/80
dns Wrote:JC has to go through Cov Cath and Highlands!! Toughest!!

Or Boyle Co.
Daddycat27 Wrote:Or Boyle Co.
Or Collins.
That's why I said this was the toughest road.
IMO 4A and 6A will have some good Region final games, whoever wins 4A will be deserved. JC and Highlands will be fun and Boyle and Lex. Cath is always a great game.
I personally think Lex Cath and Boyle have had enough great games! Why not have someone else crash the party!:Thumbs:
^^^
HAHAHAHA maybe true, but even IF... big IF you beat Lex Cath. How are you going to get past Boyle County in the regional final? And If you do get past Boyle Co, You will meet either Cov Cath or Johnson Central or the MIGHTY Bluebirds. Whats your game plan against them? Whatever it is, good luck.