Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 empty spots for RUSSELL in 2007
Who would the Devils likely pick up in 2007 to fill the 3 game regular season void after loosing- Powell, Estill and Fleming.
I heard these following names: Raceland, Fairview, Portsmouth West and Lawrence County. The 4 to choose from. Like I said, this is only a list.
Belfry would be a nice regular season pick up. HEY we never play the first week. Like to See Russell and Belfry in the Pike Co. BOWL. WWOOOOO-HOOOO
What a barn burner that would be.
:1:
Devilologist Wrote:Who would the Devils likely pick up in 2007 to fill the 3 game regular season void after loosing- Powell, Estill and Fleming.
I heard these following names: Raceland, Fairview, Portsmouth West and Lawrence County. The 4 to choose from. Like I said, this is only a list.
Belfry would be a nice regular season pick up. HEY we never play the first week. Like to See Russell and Belfry in the Pike Co. BOWL. WWOOOOO-HOOOO

Personally i'm glad to see us lose those teams. Russell needs more quality teams to test us week in and week out.
I would say Lawrece wil I am not sure if wqe will have Coal Grove or not
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Devilologist Wrote:Who would the Devils likely pick up in 2007 to fill the 3 game regular season void after loosing- Powell, Estill and Fleming.

I would love to see Russell and Johnson Central play.
Golden Eagle Wrote:I would love to see Russell and Johnson Central play.

What agreat match up that would be. IMVHO Russell needs to play up a bit more to really prepare them for the play-offs. Teams that are down like Estill and Powell only serve to make the Devils soft.
I would like to see Russell play Breathitt or Taylor County.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I would like to see Russell play Breathitt or Taylor County.
Breathitt would be great. I know nothing about Taylor County. So I'll have to take your word for it.
Possibly a game between Russell and Belfry/JCHS...would bring back gates to both schools!!!
Russell vs. Johson Central- Touchstone Energy Bowl
Russell vs. Belfry- Pike County Bowl
Russell vs. Ironton,Oh...what a game!!!
We use to play Johnson Central in the 80's. Best field I ever played on in Kentucky.
PLayed Belfry in the Regionals, watched Russell play Lawrence Co. I agree with the soft scedule. WE HATE IT... Our starters do not stay in a game in our district past the half way mark. Playing these tougher team swill make us better. We play Ashland and Boyd. and it never fails- one of those games is our worst game of the year. This would make us better.
Coach McGlone and Coach Matney need to get together and make this game happen. It would be great.
Midee1 Wrote:Breathitt would be great. I know nothing about Taylor County. So I'll have to take your word for it.
Taylor is average at best, but I would like to see Russell come to Campbellsville and play every now and again.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I'd like to see:
Russell vs Raceland
Russell vs Johnson Central
Russell vs Lawrence County
Devilologist Wrote:We use to play Johnson Central in the 80's. Best field I ever played on in Kentucky.
PLayed Belfry in the Regionals, watched Russell play Lawrence Co. I agree with the soft scedule. WE HATE IT... Our starters do not stay in a game in our district past the half way mark. Playing these tougher team swill make us better. We play Ashland and Boyd. and it never fails- one of those games is our worst game of the year. This would make us better.

Lets go back in time,I would like to see Ironton and Belfry again, and maybe throw in Wheelersburg. Raceland would be a good matchup for their program and would bring in $$$,but so would Ironton.:rockon: :Clap:
JFLDAD Wrote:Lets go back in time,I would like to see Ironton and Belfry again, and maybe throw in Wheelersburg. Raceland would be a good matchup for their program and would bring in $$$,but so would Ironton.:rockon: :Clap:

How about Raceland, Ironton and possibly Cabell Huntington. A very good local A school, an ohio powerhouse, and a Wva powerhouse would fill the schedule quite well.
Taking noting from Raceland but I dont think they matchup. I want too see Ironton Football back at RUSSELL:flame:
I would like to see Russell play Raceland, Johnson Central, and Ironton.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:I would like to see Russell play Raceland, Johnson Central, and Ironton.

yea me 2
Ironton would be a good test Russell and would benefit them come playoff time playing such a tough opponent.

Belfry and Russell would be a good matchup. But that game is better reserved for Region championship. At least I think.

I would say Johnson Central would be a good selection as well
My picks would be Ironton, Belfry and either Wheelersburg or Cabel Midland. Not likely but that is who I would like to see.
I heard that Russell was picking up the POCA DOTS next year, any truth to that rumor.
DEVIL89 Wrote:I heard that Russell was picking up the POCA DOTS next year, any truth to that rumor.
that would be nice to see,three time champs besides last year if im correct.replace them with raceland.POCO,IRONTON,BELFY and WHEELERBURG
I would love to see Russell come to belfry for the pike county bowl.Russell is a great program,we would love to see them early in the season,and late in the play-offs.
Belfry people have alot of respect for them,it was a tough lost last season,but every one in the belfry area was pulling for russell in championship.
KLH Wrote:I would love to see Russell come to belfry for the pike county bowl.Russell is a great program,we would love to see them early in the season,and late in the play-offs.
Belfry people have alot of respect for them,it was a tough lost last season,but every one in the belfry area was pulling for russell in championship.

I think the fans of both Belfry and Russell feel the same way.
Don't think you'd likely see Raceland on the schedule. Non-district games are about two things, getting a good test and making $$$$$. While Raceland may provide a good game, they will not provide the $$$$$. Even if everyone in Raceland came to the game, that is only 1500 people. They didn't even fill up the visitors side at Putnam. I know Ironton is a possibility, but last I heard, Russell had contacted them and were pretty much sloughed off. I think Lawrence is pretty much a go. I know Wayne, WV is a possibility. I also doubt the games they pick up would be very far trips. If you have away games and have to drive to Paintsville, etc...you lose money because of gas and such. But hey, I could be wrong.

I personally would like to see Russell play:
Wayne, WV
Ironton/Wheelersburg
Prestonsburg/Pikeville
Sponge Bob Wrote:Don't think you'd likely see Raceland on the schedule. Non-district games are about two things, getting a good test and making $$$$$. While Raceland may provide a good game, they will not provide the $$$$$. Even if everyone in Raceland came to the game, that is only 1500 people. They didn't even fill up the visitors side at Putnam. I know Ironton is a possibility, but last I heard, Russell had contacted them and were pretty much sloughed off. I think Lawrence is pretty much a go. I know Wayne, WV is a possibility. I also doubt the games they pick up would be very far trips. If you have away games and have to drive to Paintsville, etc...you lose money because of gas and such. But hey, I could be wrong.

I personally would like to see Russell play:
Wayne, WV
Ironton/Wheelersburg
Prestonsburg/Pikeville

We could always change the Raceland game to SATURDAY due to rain out,,,, then we would gaurantee that the gate would be a MONEY MAKER$$$$$$$$.
Uhhmm sorry for the reference....

Wayne would be a great matchup. That one would be tough for both schools. This would be a first of the year game hopefully when you still are figuring out where kids will play. Would be a great game for both schools... a real test and great talent to play against.

I agree with the travel times for P.Burg aor Paintsville, not cost friendly,,,but Russell probably has the LARGEST travel base support for any school around.
I said Probably people it aint proven....

:devilflam
Yeah, Belfry will have at least 2 empty spots maybe 3 if Prestonsburg don't sign with us. I'd like to see Belfry pick up Russell, but I am like QQ, Belfry vs. Russell is a playoff matchup and would be better just left there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i would love to see russel go into a complete slump over the next decade and not have any tradition left and be left out in the dark being made fun of week in and week out like all the teams they play they bust their tails in practice everyday. thats jmo
stroked Wrote:i would love to see russel go into a complete slump over the next decade and not have any tradition left and be left out in the dark being made fun of week in and week out like all the teams they play they bust their tails in practice everyday. thats jmo

Care to elaborate. Why would anyone want a team to go into a slump. Russell sets the bar high in North Eastern Ky just like Belfry does in Eastern Ky. Why be bitter that a team has a long history of good football. Coach has been there almost 30 years and they have a great fan base as well.
stroked Wrote:i would love to see russel go into a complete slump over the next decade and not have any tradition left and be left out in the dark being made fun of week in and week out like all the teams they play they bust their tails in practice everyday. thats jmo

Wow! Sounds like someone needs a hug.
FBALL Wrote:Wow! Sound like someone needs a hug.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn