Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry's changes
Will Belfry's changes they made this past week help them in the long run?? The change of the quarterback position and 1 running back could lead to Belfry winning another state title.
dblg11 Wrote:Will Belfry's changes they made this past week help them in the long run?? The change of the quarterback position and 1 running back could lead to Belfry winning another state title.
Changes must be in the air, I heard that Russell is making some changes today also. QB, Running back, End....... Just a rumor of course no source noted. SORRY
What changes???? Belfry
Devilologist Wrote:Changes must be in the air, I heard that Russell is making some changes today also. QB, Running back, End....... Just a rumor of course no source noted. SORRY
What changes???? Belfry

Belfry made a change and put Elkins in at QB instead of Preston. This change is a definite helper. They also played Epling alot more at HB instead of May. May is playing fullback full time now. Hickman is not playing. These changes could maked Belfry a contender for the title this year.
dblg11 Wrote:Belfry made a change and put Elkins in at QB instead of Preston. This change is a definite helper. They also played Epling alot more at HB instead of May. May is playing fullback full time now. Hickman is not playing. These changes could maked Belfry a contender for the title this year.
You know, we see this all too often. When you start, you have a feel for where a kid is going to help you the most, but actions speak louder than words. I think this is why Belfry can always be there. If a kid is better suited to play a position move him. Dont play him because he has played therw for 2 years. Produce at the position or help the team at another. I can see the same thing at Russell coming tooooooo.......No prediction for who is where, but I see a change coming and looks to be for the good.
Devilologist Wrote:You know, we see this all too often. When you start, you have a feel for where a kid is going to help you the most, but actions speak louder than words. I think this is why Belfry can always be there. If a kid is better suited to play a position move him. Dont play him because he has played therw for 2 years. Produce at the position or help the team at another. I can see the same thing at Russell coming tooooooo.......No prediction for who is where, but I see a change coming and looks to be for the good.

I think a change at QB would be good. Could you imagine Jones in the backfield with Clark?

Sorry to hijack the thread.
When you line up in the power I and you have 2 guards lined up in the back field guess who is getting the ball????
I think Jones would make a great addition to the backfield and play AJ at QB or put Sizemore in there. Hate to take away fro the receiver position like that.
You know what is hard to believe is that the last three years we have played Belfry they started with one QB and then changed and stayed with him at QB the rest of the year and has worked out for them, So I think he will be better at the QB spot right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
My personal oppinion is that Elkins is the perfect quarterback for the pirates... I have said it 100 times, he is a level headed, quick thinking play maker.... Preston has gave a good , valiant effort, but sometimes you have to play a few different positions to find your true talent, Im not dogging him in anyway.
By the way, I've been told that the Bowes kid has been walking without his crutches and that he is going to an air cast and could possibly see some play time very soon. He is also a star in the making... Has anyone heard the same?
piratefan_4ever Wrote:My personal oppinion is that Elkins is the perfect quarterback for the pirates... I have said it 100 times, he is a level headed, quick thinking play maker.... Preston has gave a good , valiant effort, but sometimes you have to play a few different positions to find your true talent, Im not dogging him in anyway.
By the way, I've been told that the Bowes kid has been walking without his crutches and that he is going to an air cast and could possibly see some play time very soon. He is also a star in the making... Has anyone heard the same?

Nick Bowe has his cast completely off and is going to physical therapy 4 to 5 times a week for 2 hours a day. I can't wait to see him back on the field!
piratefan_4ever Wrote:My personal oppinion is that Elkins is the perfect quarterback for the pirates... I have said it 100 times, he is a level headed, quick thinking play maker.... Preston has gave a good , valiant effort, but sometimes you have to play a few different positions to find your true talent, Im not dogging him in anyway.
Yes, its true he is walking without crutches, even throwing the football some, he has never had a cast on his leg to start with, it was just a splint kinda thing. He will always be a star in my eyes, I am sure every dad feels this way about his son. I just want him to see him play again, this being his senior year and all.
I think Elkins at QB was a good move if Coach Haywood leaves it that way. I also think the May kid is probably the best runner that Belfry has, but Epling does well also. Chapman puts the ball on the ground too much, and is much better on the Defensive side, as is Preston.
Dad 35 Wrote:I think Elkins at QB was a good move if Coach Haywood leaves it that way. I also think the May kid is probably the best runner that Belfry has, but Epling does well also. Chapman puts the ball on the ground too much, and is much better on the Defensive side, as is Preston.

I totally agree with you. May is the best runner on the team. He is a better fullback than halfback because he is better at getting the tough yards than from the halfback position having to use speed. He is not a slow back by no means but he just doesn't have the speed of epling or chapman.
Interesting...Belfry may actually have a Quarterback contoversy when Nick Bowe gets back...Imagine that. Either one of those two fine young men would make a great QB....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BurntTires Wrote:Yes, its true he is walking without crutches, even throwing the football some, he has never had a cast on his leg to start with, it was just a splint kinda thing. He will always be a star in my eyes, I am sure every dad feels this way about his son. I just want him to see him play again, this being his senior year and all.

Great to hear that Nick is doing well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I feel safe to say that any changes made to the team will be for the good of the team. I know nothing of the players but I would expect no less from one of the legendary coaches in the KY system. Feels great to be coached by a legend doesn't it?
Belfry is good
Hickman started out playing I guess he just didnt show Haywood and the staff what they wanted to see. Andrew is a much better QB he is smarter, calmer, and sees the field much better. May is good anywhere with the ball in his hand. Chapman played awesome at the PC Bowl he was our only TD and his defense looked awesome. He hasn't had things going for him these other 2 fridays but things are going to pick up for him, he is an awesome player. He doesn't fumble too much everyone fumbles, he is a very good offesive and defensive player.
BurntTires Wrote:Yes, its true he is walking without crutches, even throwing the football some, he has never had a cast on his leg to start with, it was just a splint kinda thing. He will always be a star in my eyes, I am sure every dad feels this way about his son. I just want him to see him play again, this being his senior year and all.

Well Im real glad to hear that he is healing up quickly... And your right, any good Dad will feel an overwhelming swelling in his chest when his son is out on that field. So, I wish for him a speed recovery and a great season!
hey, this is g again and for 1..Chapman doesnt fumble too much, EVERYONE fumbles including me, but he IS working very hard to correct his mistakes ,as is everyone...WE want state real bad,as do I..And as for myself and maydo..our backfield is basically ran on all "READ" plays...so if any one back has a better game than the other thats because he was the OPEN back on that specific play!! not saying any one back is better that the other..as for may, he runs VERY hard to try and EARN his yards he does, he's a solid back as is everyone that lines up in the backfield for the pirates..well untill next time..See ya at the Game's!!!
I also noticed Preston playing some receiver against ER.
Hey G, welcome to the board man. It's great to have ya here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry dont need to change,there still really good
Pirate Pal Wrote:Nick Bowe has his cast completely off and is going to physical therapy 4 to 5 times a week for 2 hours a day. I can't wait to see him back on the field!

I dont think that bowe is going to be able to play this year, under any circumstance.. but there was talk about him getting a medical redshirt for next year so we'll see
Medical redshirt? For high school? You're not serious are you?
bobby leffew got one for his senior year and i think it rerally helped him up his stock for college
yes im serious
Keep up the good work Elkins and no matter what people say or do stay true to the Game and you will go far!!!:thumpsup:
TRAIN85 Wrote:bobby leffew got one for his senior year and i think it rerally helped him up his stock for college

He got an extra year of eligibility, I guess you can call it whatever you want. The term medical redshirt just made me laugh.

But Bowe, and I'm sure he is a great kid and a good football player, is not a Leffew type player.

If his grades are good and his plans are to go to college, there is no reason whatsoever for him to try to get another year of high school in. We're talking about life here, and high school football plays a very small and unimportant role in it. (Unless you are a scholarship type player with a football future)

Missing your Sr year is tough, it's maybe even unfair, but that is how it goes in life and he has an opportunity here to realize that and learn a valuable life lesson from it. Good luck to him and hopefully he will heal up and get back on the field for his team's playoff run. I don't see him putting the rest of his life on hold for one year of high school football.
Bat Masterson Wrote:He got an extra year of eligibility, I guess you can call it whatever you want. The term medical redshirt just made me laugh.

But Bowe, and I'm sure he is a great kid and a good football player, is not a Leffew type player.

If his grades are good and his plans are to go to college, there is no reason whatsoever for him to try to get another year of high school in. We're talking about life here, and high school football plays a very small and unimportant role in it. (Unless you are a scholarship type player with a football future)

Missing your Sr year is tough, it's maybe even unfair, but that is how it goes in life and he has an opportunity here to realize that and learn a valuable life lesson from it. Good luck to him and hopefully he will heal up and get back on the field for his team's playoff run. I don't see him putting the rest of his life on hold for one year of high school football.

All of the reasons you just gave are the EXACT reasons a kid like Nick Bowe should get a medical redshirt. Yeah, odds are that he won't play college football. But if given the chance I'm sure anyone of us would like to have one more year, so why shouldn't he be given an opportunity to "finish what he started"?

You saying "Get over it, and get on with your life" is really easy for a guy on the outside looking in. But if it were you or your son, and they had a 1% chance of making up for a year in life that got taken away from you I am sure you'd be singing a different tune.
Not true, Mr Right, not about me or my family.

If my son were injured and couldn't play a year of football, I would feel bad for him. But I would help him learn that sometimes that's how it goes. Life has a way of throwing a kink in our plans. You have to learn to make the best of it and move on.

His education is the most important thing and there is no way I would put my son's education on hold for a year so he could participate in an extracurricular activity. But that is just me, I don't claim to speak for anyone else, and I'm not judging anyone else's decision.

I think we are becoming a society that tries to shelter little Johnny from any disappointments and kids never leard to deal with adversity.