Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#7 Newport Cent Cath 2a @ #4 Beechwood 11/ 2
Alright we have the usual season ending NKY small school bowl this week. We have two teams here that are looking to prove they are ready for the post season and see just how far they think they can go in this one. The two teams come in with very similar records. NCC is at 5-4. Beechwood is at 6-3. This should be another great one in Fort Mitchell.

What's your thoughts?
I like NCC in this one.
Beechwood wins big, and NCC has an early exit from the playoffs.
I don't know about early but before BG anyway.
WideRight05 Wrote:Beechwood wins big, and NCC has an early exit from the playoffs.

This year, more than any other, I can't disagree or agree w/ this statement. They are Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde. They have about 4 guys that are threats to score any time. They also don't have the OLine, or the discipline to go on extended drives. They either score from 35 yards out, or staring at a 3rd and 6 b/c they couldn't go on 2 and jumped on a 3rd and 1. This team will go as far as their OLine will take them. W/ Brooks out, the defense isn't quite as effective against the run. I see Beechwood winning by a TD, and I see NewCath hosting Somerset the weekend of Thanksgiving. From there? I have no idea. Last year I knew that they were going to win state. This year? Depends on who shows up.
Somerset? That would be 2 rollercoaster teams. They may have to score that game on who wins the most quarters. Make it a best 3 of 4 instead of 5.
30 going on 40 Wrote:This year, more than any other, I can't disagree or agree w/ this statement. They are Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde. They have about 4 guys that are threats to score any time. They also don't have the OLine, or the discipline to go on extended drives. They either score from 35 yards out, or staring at a 3rd and 6 b/c they couldn't go on 2 and jumped on a 3rd and 1. This team will go as far as their OLine will take them. W/ Brooks out, isn't quite as effective against the run. I see Beechwood winning by a TD, and I see NewCath hosting Somerset the weekend of Thanksgiving. From there? I have no idea. Last year I knew that they were going to win state. This year? Depends on who shows up.

During playoffs, Brooks could possibly play on defense, if it comes down to needing him. He's not playing defense right now, as a precautionary measure.
Beechwood by a touchdown.
Beechwood by at least 2 touchdowns.
This game should be close. If NCC get's beat by 2td's (like some predict) they want make it to Bowling Green.
For the most part this is the same NCC team that beat BW handily last year. BW's jv has beaten NCC the last two years but NCC has played those games with mostly freshman. I heard the last jv matchup in which NCC lost, BW had a couple of defensive players who logged quite a bit of varsity time. This will be a close game that NCC wins 21-17. Why? BW doesn't have the offensive speed to out run their defense. Stringer in a good back but no where near the talent of Barker from Ashland and NCC kept him in check. BW qb is average at best and hasn't seen a good defense since they went into district play. I think he struggles with NCC's d-ends and he better hope Sudkamp doesn't get a clean hit on him or it might be an early night.
NCC starting to pick up some momentum, I like them by 2 Tds
Newport Cath 24 Beechwood 20
This will be a typical hard hitting Northern Kentucky football game. Two very well coached teams will get after each other. Good luck to both teams.
NCC by 4.
BW by 2 td's