Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell field dedication
I'm not completly sure of all the details. Maybe some other fans can help me out here.

I believe that during halftime of Friday's Russell/Boyd Co game there will be a ceremony to honor Russell's head football coach Ivan Mcglone by naming the field at Henry R. Evans stadium Ivan Mcglone field.

Please stop by if you get a chance and help us celebrate the special occasion honoring one of the top coaches in Kentucky high school football.:1:
Should be nice to do this for him. He deserves it.
Great to see this happen to a fine coach.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Ivan is a great man, teacher and coach I hope he stays around for him to coach my kids. Has anyone heard anything on his wife,hope she is doing well.:devilflam
Hey guys does Jeff Smith still work at Russell?
JFLDAD Wrote:Ivan is a great man, teacher and coach I hope he stays around for him to coach my kids. Has anyone heard anything on his wife,hope she is doing well.:devilflam

I saw Gloria with Ivan at a JFL game in Fairview. She looked to be doing pretty well.

As far as him being around to coach your kids I hope they are older because I look for him to hang it up in a few years.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Hey guys does Jeff Smith still work at Russell?

Yep he's a teacher at the middle school and an assistant football coach. He also has a son that plays on the team.
Midee1 Wrote:I saw Gloria with Ivan at a JFL game in Fairview. She looked to be doing pretty well.

As far as him being around to coach your kids I hope they are older because I look for him to hang it up in a few years.

He said,he will stay around as long as RUSSELL will have him:Cheerlead
JFLDAD Wrote:He said,he will stay around as long as RUSSELL will have him:Cheerlead

That would be great. I also know that he wants to retire from teaching. He has said that if he could retire from teaching that he would love to coach as long as his and Glorias health would allow it.
Hope him and his family is doing well:1: :Thumbs:
According to this mornings newspaper there will be a ceremony at half time to dedicate the field. Along with a plaque which will be presented to Coach McGlone there will also be a sign attached to the scoreboard proclaming the field at Henry R Evans stadium "Ivan McGlone field"

Congratulations Coach....You deserve it!
he deserves it . I have always had a lot of respeat for Ivan Mcglone.
I think he is the only coach russell has ever had.
Just came back from the field. Man that sign is huge. At least 10x10. I never expected a sign that big but Coach McGlone deserves. If you all don't have a game to attend tomorrow I want to invite you all to come and see the game and stick around for the dedication ceremony.
Coach McGlone deserves every honor that he can get. He's the best. And very funny too.
Congratulations to one of the most respected and admired coaches in the business. A class act from top to bottom and it shows in their program.

You earned it Coach, enjoy it.
News flash................. Dedication will be before the game......