Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis 5 Boston 4 *
Cards win game 3 with an asterisk. Winning run crossed the plate due to an obstruction call. Sucks because without the obstruction call he was out at the plate. The umpire didn't flinch on the call.

By the rules, it was obstruction, and the right call. Game 4 tonight!

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Cards win game 3 with an asterisk. Winning run crossed the plate due to an obstruction call. Sucks because without the obstruction call he was out at the plate. The umpire didn't flinch on the call.

By the rules, it was obstruction, and the right call. Game 4 tonight!

Thoughts?
I didn't see the game. If it was the right call, why the asterisk? What happened? I am sure ESPN is going crazy since the call went against Boston.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I call bull shit on it.
Should have been out.
There is no asterisk at all. The right ruling on the field was made. The runner was interfered with and that interference caused him to get thrown out at home. Without Craig getting tripped, he would have easily been safe on the bad throw that was made.
Jarons Wrote:I didn't see the game. If it was the right call, why the asterisk? What happened? I am sure ESPN is going crazy since the call went against Boston.

The asterisk because of the controversy and I believe it's the first World Series game with winning run determined by obstruction.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I call bull shit on it.
Should have been out.

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Stardust Wrote:There is no asterisk at all. The right ruling on the field was made. The runner was interfered with and that interference caused him to get thrown out at home. Without Craig getting tripped, he would have easily been safe on the bad throw that was made.

I used the asterisk because of the "uniqueness" of the situation. He didn't "performance enhance" with drugs, just his legs :biggrin:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Why ddid the catcher throw knowing the guy at third was going to get taken out with the slide?
If the runner was interfered with, than the 3rd baseman was when he slid into third.