5. Johnson Central
6. Lex. Catholic
7. Lou. Central
8. Hopkinsville
9. Boyle Co.
10. Bullitt East

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...435889.htm
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Glad to see one of out area small schools ranked. Congratulations Raceland.

Don't know about Russell being ranked as low as they are. They have only played 2 games and lost a heartbreaker to Ashland in 3OT.
It's the Cantrell Ratings...they are not given much credibility by most.
Heavy slant toward the golden triangle usually.
Devils dropped too far
Cantrell rankings = :moon:
After reading the above comments I read this on another site and thought it was appropriate.

Quote:
I think Dave Cantrall must use some combination of dart board, spinning wheel, blindfold, and and dice to come up with those ratings. I'm not certain, but I'd guess that he also formulates his ratings in a cave on an island off the southern coast of France, far away from any source of scoreboard listing weekly outcomes of games in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
That new Mercer Co. team in AA is no joke, and what about the Golden Eagles of Johnson Central #5 in AAA and #19 overall they are on the right track and actually could be underrated IMO.
yeah breathitt is in the top 10 and no sheldon clark...what are these stupid rankings based on...give me a break!!! last time i checked sc beat breathitt out last year right ??? in the first round????..so how do they become higher in the rankings?...many lists had them ahead of sc in the preseason
I was the greatest Wrote:yeah breathitt is in the top 10 and no sheldon clark...what are these stupid rankings based on...give me a break!!! last time i checked sc beat breathitt out last year right ??? in the first round????..so how do they become higher in the rankings?...many lists had them ahead of sc in the preseason
The reason is that Breathitt is MUCH improved from last year and SC is about the same IMO. I think that SC and BC are about the same.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Tomcat68 Wrote:Cantrell rankings = :moon:

:thumpsup: :thatsfunn
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The reason is that Breathitt is MUCH improved from last year and SC is about the same IMO. I think that SC and BC are about the same.
......and they could tell this in the preseason right??...no way it is just bs
I don't care much about Cantrell! Most of the time he only writes about Belfry when they get beat or if they win a state title because he has to. I have sent him a few NICE emails over hte years!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I was the greatest Wrote:......and they could tell this in the preseason right??...no way it is just bs
Rankings mean nothing, no need in getting all torn up about them becasue they do not affect seeding in the playoffs or anything, they are jsut fun, or stressful in some cases appearantly.
Twitter: @tc_analytics