Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dream Team" is just that, A Dream
I find it hard to believe teans Like Greece and Italy and alot others are a struggle to beat.These high flying jammers of the younger generation are so far behind the original dream team it makes me sick to watch but I hang in there with him.They need Shag and Koby to win a gold.
The rest of the world has surpassed the USA in teaching their young players the fundamentals of the game. Seems like that all the young players want to due is make a "High Lite" reel, rather than play the game of basketball. Most of the young players can't dribble, pass, shoot or play defense, but they sure can dunk. Untill the emphasis in this country shifts from dunking and running around screaming and pounding their chests to teaching and playing fundamentals, it will be a long time before a Gold medal at any competition is won by team USA.
Well said
They should have had Tubby coach. The would have played great D. They just wouldn't have scored over 50 points.
It sounds like the dunk and three point shot have not helped our youngsters or how every park in the country has a goal 7ft high so everyone can dunk.
OldAndDecrepit Wrote:The rest of the world has surpassed the USA in teaching their young players the fundamentals of the game. Seems like that all the young players want to due is make a "High Lite" reel, rather than play the game of basketball. Most of the young players can't dribble, pass, shoot or play defense, but they sure can dunk. Untill the emphasis in this country shifts from dunking and running around screaming and pounding their chests to teaching and playing fundamentals, it will be a long time before a Gold medal at any competition is won by team USA.

I gotta agree with you on this one OAD:thumpsup:
The game of basketball requires you to have the ability to SHOOT the ball through the hoop.
OldAndDecrepit Wrote:The rest of the world has surpassed the USA in teaching their young players the fundamentals of the game. Seems like that all the young players want to due is make a "High Lite" reel, rather than play the game of basketball. Most of the young players can't dribble, pass, shoot or play defense, but they sure can dunk. Untill the emphasis in this country shifts from dunking and running around screaming and pounding their chests to teaching and playing fundamentals, it will be a long time before a Gold medal at any competition is won by team USA.

This is what I've been saying for a long time. :thumpsup:
A team tends to beat a group of individuals 9 out of 10 times.
Not enough shooters on the team and too many players with the same style of play...I still hated the Nucleus to this team.....You need role players!
They need Shaq no matter how u look at it.