Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Ethics
In this mans world of football coaches is it ethical to directly try to get another head coach fired to get his job?
Let me explain, a head coach at another school try's to get a head coach fired ,so he can get his job at the other school?
You know thats not ethical.
there's been a few trying to do that lately.
It's called politics. Take it for what you will. It's been going on since Greece.
Real Badman Wrote:It's called politics. Take it for what you will. It's been going on since Greece.

now tell us what politicians are called :biggrin:
It's happening at our county school.. Pretty sad man
Craze JACKET man Wrote:It's happening at our county school.. Pretty sad man

it is sad and lowdown
Real Badman Wrote:It's called politics. Take it for what you will. It's been going on since Greece.

Not really! Politics, when someone in power helps a friend ,buddy or does a favor. When 2 guys are on the same level and one is trying to get him fired is different. Personally, I would not hire anyone that showed that type character.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:It's happening at our county school.. Pretty sad man

Please, do elaborate. I know what your talking about, but I want to see it explained.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Not really! Politics, when someone in power helps a friend ,buddy or does a favor. When 2 guys are on the same level and one is trying to get him fired is different. Personally, I would not hire anyone that showed that type character.

Politics is a specific term designed to in a simple way, "get what you want, through whatever means necessary." "I want this, so I'll do that", Politics is the vehicle that drives society in a sense. I'd suggest reading your Machiavelli
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Please, do elaborate. I know what your talking about, but I want to see it explained.

This subject could get deep Gut. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:This subject could get deep Gut. :popcorn:

:pondering:
Real Badman Wrote:Politics is a specific term designed to in a simple way, "get what you want, through whatever means necessary." "I want this, so I'll do that", Politics is the vehicle that drives society in a sense. I'd suggest reading your Machiavelli

Thanks , I will. My point was that it takes a low character individual to do this. Character is high on my hiring list.
Politics is a specific term designed to in a simple way, "get what you want, through whatever means necessary." "I want this, so I'll do that", Politics is the vehicle that drives society in a sense. I'd suggest reading your Machiavelli
Referencing The Prince! This WILL get deep for sure.
now tell us what politicians are called
I would but I'd get banned!
I could never imagine a coach doing that! I have been around many, many and none I know would do that.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Thanks , I will. My point was that it takes a low character individual to do this. Character is high on my hiring list.

it sure does.
walterwhite Wrote:Politics is a specific term designed to in a simple way, "get what you want, through whatever means necessary." "I want this, so I'll do that", Politics is the vehicle that drives society in a sense. I'd suggest reading your Machiavelli
Referencing The Prince! This WILL get deep for sure.
now tell us what politicians are called
I would but I'd get banned!

maybe so lol
that's right Wrote:I could never imagine a coach doing that! I have been around many, many and none I know would do that.

I'm glad the ones you know wont do it but I'd say it happens more than you know.
It's not ethical, but it happens every year. Not gonna call out anybody but it's happening right now.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:It's not ethical, but it happens every year. Not gonna call out anybody but it's happening right now.

I agree.it will probably happen a few times before the year is over.
I dont know who would want a person that would be involved in something underhanded like this to be the leader of your young men. A lot of people pay lip service to having a coach of high character bit I truly believe it. I always get a little aggravated when the first question asked about a potential coach is "what is his record?" Winning is important but it should be further down on the list of qualities desiered for the person who is in a position to exert a huge influence on your kids!! I also think that u will find that men of high morality are usually winners on the field also.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:I dont know who would want a person that would be involved in something underhanded like this to be the leader of your young men. A lot of people pay lip service to having a coach of high character bit I truly believe it. I always get a little aggravated when the first question asked about a potential coach is "what is his record?" Winning is important but it should be further down on the list of qualities desiered for the person who is in a position to exert a huge influence on your kids!! I also think that u will find that men of high morality are usually winners on the field also.
Sorry about the spelling errors.....I typed it in a hurry and didnt check it, LOL!!
Its poor ethics on the coaches part but it takes 2 to tango. There has to be an unethical administrator involved. 2 snakes who probably deserve each other.
It's part of life. People backstab each other every day in real life. To me, football should be above all that. It's a gentlemans game between the coaches or at least it should be. You reap what you sow. Hire the prick at your own risk!
adopted purple Wrote:It's part of life. People backstab each other every day in real life. To me, football should be above all that. It's a gentlemans game between the coaches or at least it should be. You reap what you sow. Hire the prick at your own risk!
I agree. You hire someone like that, don't come crying when the consequences come out. You deserve everything that happens.
several of the low down dirty dogs are reading this.
Quickkickonthird Wrote:I dont know who would want a person that would be involved in something underhanded like this to be the leader of your young men. A lot of people pay lip service to having a coach of high character bit I truly believe it. I always get a little aggravated when the first question asked about a potential coach is "what is his record?" Winning is important but it should be further down on the list of qualities desiered for the person who is in a position to exert a huge influence on your kids!! I also think that u will find that men of high morality are usually winners on the field also.

If a coach is involved, that means someone from that school has inquired about that coach coming.

In other words, its all on the school, and a coach may or may not help his case by shoving another coach under the bus