Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 4 top 5 in 2A!
1-Mercer co. - Ok so what there a 5A team next year,lol.
1000 yards offense and outscoring their opponents 117 to 6 in 2 games makes them the #1 AA team in the state at this point. Beat South Laurel 54-6 who beat Corbin Friday 21-20.
2-Lou. Western- Beat Breathitt at Breathitt Friday 35-15. Led 21-7 at half, Led 28-7 from the first play of the 3rd quarter. Explosive speed! Breathitt would shut them dowm for 1 or 2 plays in a row, Then BAM! They would bust one for 80.
Collins, Dardon the real deal, Also have a FB that is 6-2 240 and can play.
3-Belfry- Still say you beat Newport Cath, You can win the whole sha-bang.
Lost to Ashland by 1 point at Ashland, Beat Lawrence 28-6. Belfry will always be contenders in 2a, Haywood, Tradition, Need I say more.
4-Sheldon Clark- Could be the year for the cardinals. 3-0. It wouldn't surprise me at all If we see the cardinals on the carpet come December. They've been close, Their past due. Beat Knott 49-20, Boyd 35-14, Lawrence 44-26.
5-Russell 1-1 Heartbreaking loss to Ashland, Winners over Greenup 35-6.
Ashland has proved their quality beating Belfry and Lawrence. They still will sweep their district and come playoff time, Watch out, Maglone aint going away easy.:1:
Mercer needs to play someone before I can place them at the top. They have played two teams that have a combined record of 1-5. I might give them more support once they play someone that has a powerful team this year and they get the win. I see it more like this in 2A at this time.

1. Russell
Belfry
3. Western
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Mercer (still need to prove themself)
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Good point BJ,
They beat Danville in their 2nd scrimmage 14-7, Corbin did play Rock 2-0 and South Laurel beat Corbin, Sl got stomped by Mercer.
Good point taken though.