Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Philip Haywood In FINALS!!!!
Asking all Kentuckians to at least help their own state win this USAToday Best Coach Contest....The Finals round begins on Monday at high noon. We would appreciate all the help we can get... Thanks and God Bless!!!! contest.usatodayhss.com VOTE HAYWOOD!!!!!!!
Make it happen, pond creek nation!
Getting my votes from Black Bear Nation....
Class act.
You might want to post a link when it gets started.
Children, it is time for us to forget the petty differences in our high school football program, and vote in this national election. I understand that Coach Haywood is a great example for what kids need to strive to be in their lives. That aside, I would work for ANY coach in Kentucky that has made it to a national competition level. The fact that this is a mountain coach is just icing on the cake for me. I would work just as hard for Tom Larkey, Jim Matney, Scotty Russell, Wayne Mills, etc ....you get the picture.

I will be voting my fingers off for Coach Haywood starting Monday at noon and I encourage every BGR member to do the same.

I'll need to get more fudge rounds!
Wink
I'll give this another chance. I'll take a look at it and if Haywood has the best resume on the list, he will get my vote.

I said from the beginning Belfry would win this whole thing.
I'll give this another chance. I'll take a look at it and if Haywood has the best resume on the list, he will get my vote.

^
I expected nothing less from you.

Wink
Just move out of Kentucky if you can't support the home state coach. If you know Haywood is gonna win, don't throw away your vote by voting for someone else.
skully03 Wrote:Just move out of Kentucky if you can't support the home state coach. If you know Haywood is gonna win, don't throw away your vote by voting for someone else.

LOL, I make a nice post and that's the response I get. I didn't even say who I was voting for - and I said that if Haywood has the most accomplished resume that I would vote for him! Plain and simple is that.

But since you chose to open the can, I would probably move out of the state if my team kept clunking in the state finals. :hilarious:
Haywood is going to get my vote 64sur :welcome:
skully03 Wrote:Just move out of Kentucky if you can't support the home state coach. If you know Haywood is gonna win, don't throw away your vote by voting for someone else.

But I don't live in KY, how can I move out?

However, I like WideRight05 will look at the resumes and choose the coach that I feel is appropriate.
That's the thing. You said "IF". I know you just like being stubborn and getting a rise out of us but that's alright. Just like mountain teams pull for mountain teams we should pull for Kentucky teams if they happen to be in a national contest. And it has nothing to do with state titles. Remember what you said. "it's a popularity contest". Go ahead keep talking. I'm sure you will get more of a rise out of some other Pirates.
skully03 Wrote:That's the thing. You said "IF". I know you just like being stubborn and getting a rise out of us but that's alright. Just like mountain teams pull for mountain teams we should pull for Kentucky teams if they happen to be in a national contest. And it has nothing to do with state titles. Remember what you said. "it's a popularity contest". Go ahead keep talking. I'm sure you will get more of a rise out of some other Pirates.

No, I'm going by straight fact and not emotion - unlike you guys. It's just like you're hiring somebody for a job. Are you going to hire the person that meets the best qualifications, or are you going to hire someone just because they're from your state?
It's not like hiring for a job at all. You said yourself This wasn't nothing more than a popularity contest. So why look at it so literal. We are behind our coach just like we would be behind a coach that would have been there from Kentucky if Haywood wouldn't have made it. This is more like bragging rights for the fans, not only from Belfry, but all of Kentucky. I don't know why you are taking it so serious.
skully03 Wrote:It's not like hiring for a job at all. You said yourself This wasn't nothing more than a popularity contest. So why look at it so literal. We are behind our coach just like we would be behind a coach that would have been there from Kentucky if Haywood wouldn't have made it. This is more like bragging rights for the fans, not only from Belfry, but all of Kentucky. I don't know why you are taking it so serious.

I said what I thought in the previous thread, it was "y'all Belfry folk" that was whining like a bunch of babies. If you all get worked up over this, I can't imagine what it's like when you all get knocked off in the playoffs every year.
WideRight05 Wrote:I said what I thought in the previous thread, it was "y'all Belfry folk" that was whining like a bunch of babies. If you all get worked up over this, I can't imagine what it's like when you all get knocked off in the playoffs every year.

Will you come cheer for us if we make it to state this year? I'll buy your ticket.
Im not part of the y'all your talking about.....and actually its not as bad as you think.
Vote haywood!!!!!
Vote haywood!!!!
Vote haywood!!!
Wise one Wrote:But I don't live in KY, how can I move out?

However, I like WideRight05 will look at the resumes and choose the coach that I feel is appropriate.

Don't take everything you read on there for granted. USA Today has been notified that they have Coach Haywood's information wrong. His state title appearances are 85-86-03-04-07-10-11-12. Now before everyone keeps running their YIP about not bringing home the gold consider where YOU were while Belfry was in the state championship playing ball. If your team didn't make it then why condemn a team that does and brings home a state runner-up trophy? At least they weren't home playing Xbox! Just sayin'..... :Thumbs:
WideRight05 Wrote:I'll give this another chance. I'll take a look at it and if Haywood has the best resume on the list, he will get my vote.

Don't forget the last time Belfry and Highlands played, it was a 38 to 7 beat down of the Bluebirds!
honestjchsfan Wrote:Don't forget the last time Belfry and Highlands played, it was a 38 to 7 beat down of the Bluebirds!

Honestly, who cares! This isn't about a Belfry/Highland game. This is about gaining votes for a very worthy man who had dedicated a huge portion of his life to the betterment of the youth of the area. NOT about who can win or lose a game. Geez!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Will you come cheer for us if we make it to state this year? I'll buy your ticket.

I'll definitely enjoy the game. I won't likely be rooting for one side or the other, but it should be exciting.

honestjchsfan Wrote:Don't forget the last time Belfry and Highlands played, it was a 38 to 7 beat down of the Bluebirds!

On a down year. Too bad Belfry has consistently proven they can't beat the Ashland Blazer's and Central's of the world, so we know there is no room for them in the same breath as Highlands. :biglmao:
In all seriousness, Coach Haywood has been with Belfry for almost 30 years now. In that time, he took a school who was on the rise and has played for a state title eight times. Aside from Breathitt County, I haven't seen a location yet that has as few people be as successful. There's not really any option of "football players go here, basketball players go there" like there is in bigger cities. He takes what he gets and wins games. He's a classy football coach and a great man and leader for this community. As I've said before, if you've ever shared a conversation with Coach even the biggest Belfry hater would respect the man for how genuinely nice he is. There may be more successful coaches in the nation. There probably is better coaches in the nation. But I truly believe there isn't a coach more loved by his small town and respected by his state than Philip Haywood.
WideRight05 Wrote:I'll definitely enjoy the game. I won't likely be rooting for one side or the other, but it should be exciting.

On a down year. Too bad Belfry has consistently proven they can't beat the Ashland Blazer's and Central's of the world, so we know there is no room for them in the same breath as Highlands. :biglmao:

In the 80's when Belfry and Highlands were in Class 3A they played some great playoff games. IMO those Belfry teams played Highlands tougher than JCHS and Ashland have in recent years. Belfry beat JCHS last year in Paintsville. I honestly think that Coach Haywood is the best defensive coach coaching High school football in Kentucky. I saw Belfry close up last season and was impressed, but a few years ago coach Haywood took a team to the 3A finals that was not very good at all. He never stopped coaching them and never gave up and somehow he had them in the 3A finals. IMO the 1986 team was his best Belfry team.
honestjchsfan Wrote:In the 80's when Belfry and Highlands were in Class 3A they played some great playoff games. IMO those Belfry teams played Highlands tougher than JCHS and Ashland have in recent years. Belfry beat JCHS last year in Paintsville. I honestly think that Coach Haywood is the best defensive coach coaching High school football in Kentucky. I saw Belfry close up last season and was impressed, but a few years ago coach Haywood took a team to the 3A finals that was not very good at all. He never stopped coaching them and never gave up and somehow he had them in the 3A finals. IMO the 1986 team was his best Belfry team.

1. Ashland hasn't done ANYTHING against Highlands. They played in 2008 and 2012, with Highlands winning by a combined score of 105-19.

2. The only time Belfry and Highlands played in the 1980's was 1989, which Belfry did give a tough Highlands team a run to OT before choking it away and losing 21-14. If Belfry wanted to beat Highlands, the 1980's was certainly the time - Highlands went through a long dry spell from state titles after they won in 82, not winning it again until 1989.

3. Looks like Belfry choked a lot back in the 80's, similar to how they do now. :biglmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:1. Ashland hasn't done ANYTHING against Highlands. They played in 2008 and 2012, with Highlands winning by a combined score of 105-19.

2. The only time Belfry and Highlands played in the 1980's was 1989, which Belfry did give a tough Highlands team a run to OT before choking it away and losing 21-14. If Belfry wanted to beat Highlands, the 1980's was certainly the time - Highlands went through a long dry spell from state titles after they won in 82, not winning it again until 1989.

3. Looks like Belfry choked a lot back in the 80's, similar to how they do now. :biglmao:

I hope you know just how big of an idoit you look like. Your posts are classless, tasteless, and to be honest in this thread, off topic. Damn, grow up and grab yaself between your legs. You a man? You may need to check!