North Laurel 10

Dang it Confusederiously:
Appears as though NL is NOT for real...
Madison southern 56
North Laurel 17

Dang with 10.42 to go in game
Madison Southern with a statement win.
What were Harris' numbers?
Quite the win for Madison Southern! What happened to the Jags? After they played Pulaski, they acted as if they still had a shot to win the District and now they find themselves in 3rd.

Seeding is set in the District. 1. Pulaski Co 2. Madison Southern 3. North Laurel 4. Lincoln Co
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
What were Harris' numbers?

His SECOND HALF STATS:
5 carries
3 TDS
215 yards

Unbelievable
That is scary good.
263 yards on 14 carries for 4 touchdowns. Plus a 70 yard interception return to set up a touchdown. Nice night for Harris.
Actually the seedings aren't totally set. Pulaski has locked up one, because even with a loss and a Madison Southern win next week, they own the tiebreaker. But what about this--if North beats South next week and Lincoln upsets Southern at home (unlikely but not impossible) then you have three teams at 3-2. Tiebreaker time. Or if South beats North, while Lincoln beats Southern, then Lincoln jumps all the way to the 2 seed, with Southern third and North 4th. And if South beats North, Southern beats Lincoln and Southwestern upsets Pulaski, you have three teams at 2-3, although in that scenario North would be third, Lincoln 4th and Southwestern out because of head-to-head. Whew! Probably none of this will come up, but you just never know......
Went to this game. Harris is unreal. Good line or not Harris makes it right. For those who have seen seen Southern more then me
Where are they without Harris?
Van Hagar Wrote:Actually the seedings aren't totally set. Pulaski has locked up one, because even with a loss and a Madison Southern win next week, they own the tiebreaker. But what about this--if North beats South next week and Lincoln upsets Southern at home (unlikely but not impossible) then you have three teams at 3-2. Tiebreaker time. Or if South beats North, while Lincoln beats Southern, then Lincoln jumps all the way to the 2 seed, with Southern third and North 4th. And if South beats North, Southern beats Lincoln and Southwestern upsets Pulaski, you have three teams at 2-3, although in that scenario North would be third, Lincoln 4th and Southwestern out because of head-to-head. Whew! Probably none of this will come up, but you just never know......

That's why I said that the seeding are set because the odds of either if those scenarios happening are astronomical.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
E's Army Wrote:263 yards on 14 carries for 4 touchdowns. Plus a 70 yard interception return to set up a touchdown. Nice night for Harris.

Is he the best player in the state regardless of class? I have not seen him live but it appears that way.
I told you all after the second game of the year, nobody could stop Harris, or even contain him for that matter. He will get his no matter how many you put in the box. You take Harris and put him on a Highlands, and there the best team in the nation IMO.
I dont like to hype kids up, but this kid is the best player ive seen come through KY in a long time, and we have to put up with him again next year!

This kid is unreal. I dont say that hardly ever, but its the truth.
TPX Wrote:Is he the best player in the state regardless of class? I have not seen him live but it appears that way.

IMHO, yes. There is no question.
You can have your Bonnafons, Barkers, etc, this kid is a junior and will have a more productive football career than any of the others maybe combined.
This kid isnt a college kid, this kid will be playing on Sundays.

You put him on a great team, and they would walk through any class.
Not many kids can single handidly win ball games, but with this kids speed and moves, he can do it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:IMHO, yes. There is no question.
You can have your Bonnafons, Barkers, etc, this kid is a junior and will have a more productive football career than any of the others maybe combined.
This kid isnt a college kid, this kid will be playing on Sundays.

You put him on a great team, and they would walk through any class.
Not many kids can single handidly win ball games, but with this kids speed and moves, he can do it.

I know some people who are die hard Michigan fans and they say he is the real deal and has a chance to start from day 1 there. The Michigan Staff fell in love with him when he camped there his freshman year and recruited him like crazy after that.
ataclance Wrote:Went to this game. Harris is unreal. Good line or not Harris makes it right. For those who have seen seen Southern more then me
Where are they without Harris?

They are the 3rd or 4th seed without Harris. Southern lost what may be their best defender against Pulaski with Buddy Harris tearing his MCL and of course did not play against NL and is done for the year. Casey Dionne absolutely is a D-1 caliber player on D, but doesn't get the ball much with Damien getting the ball. Again, Southern would be a 6 win team without Damien, but with him they can beat Pulaski if they played again, and have a good shot at Harlan for the Region. The playoffs are going to be interesting in 5A.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:They are the 3rd or 4th seed without Harris. Southern lost what may be their best defender against Pulaski with Buddy Harris tearing his MCL and of course did not play against NL and is done for the year. Casey Dionne absolutely is a D-1 caliber player on D, but doesn't get the ball much with Damien getting the ball. Again, Southern would be a 6 win team without Damien, but with him they can beat Pulaski if they played again, and have a good shot at Harlan for the Region. The playoffs are going to be interesting in 5A.
They might (could) beat pulaski, but Harris is 0-3 against the maroons with two of those games being at home. If they get a chance to play Pulaski again it will be on the road playing a team that very rarley gets beat at home.:dudecomeon:
Meatloaf. I agree. From I was told the PC v MS score was a lot closer then then game. Giving that PC got bad call on the fumble near the GL and coach hines making a bad call to throw the ball late n the game. Both which lead to scores by southern. Score was really more like 28 10 or even 35 10
E's Army Wrote:263 yards on 14 carries for 4 touchdowns. Plus a 70 yard interception return to set up a touchdown. Nice night for Harris.

The even bigger news is who caught Harris on the 70 yard interception return? How did he run 70 yards and not score? Congrats to Mad South.
Van Hagar Wrote:Actually the seedings aren't totally set. Pulaski has locked up one, because even with a loss and a Madison Southern win next week, they own the tiebreaker. But what about this--if North beats South next week and Lincoln upsets Southern at home (unlikely but not impossible) then you have three teams at 3-2. Tiebreaker time. Or if South beats North, while Lincoln beats Southern, then Lincoln jumps all the way to the 2 seed, with Southern third and North 4th. And if South beats North, Southern beats Lincoln and Southwestern upsets Pulaski, you have three teams at 2-3, although in that scenario North would be third, Lincoln 4th and Southwestern out because of head-to-head. Whew! Probably none of this will come up, but you just never know......

and if the sun comes up in the west
So should we tell the teams not to play the games? You don't think Lincoln Co.'s coaching staff has been selling their kids on what a win could mean for them? Harris may get 800 yards, and Southern may win 88-0, but come on. An injury to Harris, some home cooking, plenty of ways you could see a Lincoln upset. It's their coaches jobs to convince them of that, and teenagers usually believe they're unbeatable anyway.