Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fulton City @ Mayfield
Mayfield 06
Fulton city 00

Now mysonis55 fulton city has only score 12pts this year.What will y'all do in this game just curious.:Hammer3:
We have Fulton Co this week. They are supposed to be a tid bit better than Fulton City. I won't be as good of a game as idle gave us though.
Does Fulton County still have a nice field?? I havent been there since 1992, One year they have one of the best teams in Class A 1990 maybe can anyone give me any insight on them there way down in far west kentucky.
Mayfield plays a lot of kids and gets easy victory.
mysonis55 Wrote:We have Fulton Co this week. They are supposed to be a tid bit better than Fulton City. I won't be as good of a game as idle gave us though.

Ok it's Fulton county atleasts I spell it right I think Confusednicker:
The field is in the middle of the largest swarm of 747 sized Mosquitos that you have ever seen. They spray the home side though.
mysonis55 Wrote:The field is in the middle of the largest swarm of 747 sized Mosquitos that you have ever seen. They spray the home side though.

Only concession stand that I have ever seen that sales OFF !
Mayfield should get 2 full quarters for the jv and younger classman to get PT.
This will be my prediction in every mayfield game thread, Minus the Rville match up and the 3rd rd game of the playoffs.

Mayfield: A whole bunch of pts+a whole lot of reps for the younger guys
Fulton County: Not many points and reps for the younger guys.
i truly believe mayfield is the best 1 2 or 3 a team in the state most year
Mayfield is an awesome offensive team with a lot of weapons. Deion Jackson is as good a WR as you'll see. The kid just oozes with talent and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Teams definitely need to keep the ball away from him on kickoff and punt returns. Jake Guhy has about 40 games as a starting QB and is as smart a QB as you'll see, plus his accuracy is off the charts. Stuart Mills is a nice RB that will run over you and carry defenders an extra 4-5 yards. The strongest part of there offense is there OL. Decent size and quick off the ball. They always seem to be knocking DLs off the ball 2-3 yards and giving Guhy all day in the pocket. Carmen is an OL worth watching. Only a Jr, but, will be getting some college looks very soon and he's improving with every game.

I don't think this years version is as good defensively as some of the other recent teams, but, still a solid group and very fundamentally sound. Solid DL, but, no Jackson at LB this year, so, that's probably there weakest link. The secondary has good speed and cover skills, but, not a lot of height, so, bigger receivers have given them some trouble. Still, a pretty good group overall.

If you're going to beat Mayfield, you have to be able to control the ball and sustain long, time consuming drives and keep there offense off the field, because they're going to score points. Not only control the clock, but, also, put up points in the process. Very seldom will they turn the ball over, so, you also have to play at a high level and avoid turnovers and penalties. Basically, 1A teams will have to play a near flawless game to beat them and even then, it may not be enough.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Mayfield is an awesome offensive team with a lot of weapons. Deion Jackson is as good a WR as you'll see. The kid just oozes with talent and is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Teams definitely need to keep the ball away from him on kickoff and punt returns. Jake Guhy has about 40 games as a starting QB and is as smart a QB as you'll see, plus his accuracy is off the charts. Stuart Mills is a nice RB that will run over you and carry defenders an extra 4-5 yards. The strongest part of there offense is there OL. Decent size and quick off the ball. They always seem to be knocking DLs off the ball 2-3 yards and giving Guhy all day in the pocket. Carmen is an OL worth watching. Only a Jr, but, will be getting some college looks very soon and he's improving with every game.

I don't think this years version is as good defensively as some of the other recent teams, but, still a solid group and very fundamentally sound. Solid DL, but, no Jackson at LB this year, so, that's probably there weakest link. The secondary has good speed and cover skills, but, not a lot of height, so, bigger receivers have given them some trouble. Still, a pretty good group overall.

If you're going to beat Mayfield, you have to be able to control the ball and sustain long, time consuming drives and keep there offense off the field, because they're going to score points. Not only control the clock, but, also, put up points in the process. Very seldom will they turn the ball over, so, you also have to play at a high level and avoid turnovers and penalties. Basically, 1A teams will have to play a near flawless game to beat them and even then, it may not be enough.

Sounds like if you play the perfect game you have a chance.
Nice summery kyhsfbfan
The schools are about 25 miles apart. So 2 points a mile for Mayfield or 50-0. Seems as good a basis for a prediction as anything else.
Shhh, the last time we were talked about this much it didn't go so well for us at BG.
55 not matter what you say in the case of the Fulton's, we roll BIG!
This wont be close.
No, looking ahead though. I don't want to hear too much of this talk until we when the title, if we do.
bhsuknow92 Wrote:i truly believe mayfield is the best 1 2 or 3 a team in the state most year

I Confusederiously: doubt that 1 2 or 3 better worry about 1A :truestory:
It will be alright 64. You can come root for us at BG if we make it. That will be an off week for your adopted team.
I am less than 3 hours away from becoming mosquito bait.