Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Football 06
Tomcat68 Wrote:The reason the thought for a loss to either P West or Prestonsburg in my mind isn't based off solely the fact of how Ashland has scrimmaged so far or because I think we're not as good as last year or the other team's are that improved.

My reasons for thinking that we may drop one of those two games is for a combination of reasons.
1. Those are the first 2 games this season Ashland will be playing on the road (including scrimmages)
2. Both of those teams are looking for serious respect after last years' contests
3. I worry about us being emotional and physically drained after playing the season opener against a respected Raceland team, rival and defending 2A state champ Russell, and 03 and 04 2A state champs Belfry

I could just very easily see Ashland get snakebit during one of those road games.

And your opinion is very much respected. But I think you and I both hope and believe that if Ashland comes out emotionally ready to play that they could beat anyone on the schedule. And thats not taking anything from any program there. But I see your point of view, but Id like to think of two years of coming up short to the Red Devils that they themselves are in the hunt for a little respect.
I might see prestonsburg because it's hard to get pumped up after what feels like a 3 hour bus ride
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland is looking very vulnerable early this season. They've scrimmaged a solid Cambell Co team and a tradition driven Ironton team. Both games seem to have been a 28-14 range loss if they were played during the regular season. This team has great potential but still has a lot of room to grow to capture that potential.

I look for Ashland to lose to the eventual 2A state champs, whether it be Russell or Belfry. I also look for Ashland to lose their first district matchup in 3 seasons and allowing the district championship slide to Johnson Central at the Eagle's Nest this season. I see two struggles with Portsmouth West and Prestonsburg on the road as well as both teams will be looking for some serious revenge after last season's games left a bittersweet taste in their mouths.

As for a prediction as of tonight, I see Ashland finishing either 8-4 or 7-5 with losses to Russell, Belfry, P West or Prestonsburg, and Johnson Central.
who would have thought.
t-cat50 Wrote:I might see prestonsburg because it's hard to get pumped up after what feels like a 3 hour bus ride
and what killed us last time the, refs :ref1:
t-cat50 Wrote:who would have thought.

I agree totally. I call it the way I see it when I predict and I try not to be a homer. Someitmes I just love to proven wrong. This is a totally different team that showed up for the 2 scrimmages and against Raceland.