Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie (5-2) @ Simon Kenton (8-0) 10/18
SK will go to 9-0 IMO.

SK jut has too much Offensive power.
SK by a bunch.
SK Senior night great Senior class! SK wins big and sweeps district!
Dixie should come into this game with a chip on it's shoulder after the Campbell Co. game. SK will have to keep there mind on the task at hand.
With a line and QB like SKs, Dixie shouldn't even get on the bus to go there!!!

Although I would certainly pay attention to Hop24s advice. Go Colonels, all the pressure is on the Pioneers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think SK will have it easy till the playoffs. That's when things get dangerous because everyone is 0-0.
Plus SK hasn't had there "bad game" yet. I wouldn't count Collins even as close as it was because Collins had been so impressive this season.
Dixies D is very good. only gave up 9 points to CC. Last td Cc scored was on a punt return. Still think this will be a good game if Dixie passes the ball. Dixie beat SK last season. SK has the better O. Dixie has the better D.

my take on strenths of both

QB SK
OLINE SK
TE DH
WR SK BY A LOT
RB EVEN
DLINE DH
LB DH
CB AND SS EVEN
ST ANY TEAM BUT DH
Simon Keaton wins Brenan Kurtz dominates the game
autopart101 Wrote:Dixies D is very good. only gave up 9 points to CC. Last td Cc scored was on a punt return. Still think this will be a good game if Dixie passes the ball. Dixie beat SK last season. SK has the better O. Dixie has the better D.

my take on strenths of both

QB SK
OLINE SK
TE DH
WR SK BY A LOT
RB EVEN
DLINE DH
LB DH
CB AND SS EVEN
ST ANY TEAM BUT DH

Very nice break down. Good way of matching up the teams.

IMO from what I've seen so far this season I would only change a few things.

LB- SK
CB- DH
S- Even
I really don't think we saw the best that Dixie has to offer last Friday. As much as Spirit liked CCHS's game plan, I disliked Dixie's! Dixie allowed the Camels to dictate the pace, and because of that this game was decided by the two kickers on each side. That said, the game-plan that Dixie laid out for Campbell County is more conducive to playing against the Pioneers. Because of SK's quick scoring capabilities, Dixie must pound it out and play ball control in order to give them any shot. Campbell County out-coached themselves when they tried to pass with SK in the first half of their game. When the Camels got back to their style of football, they had success, just too much of a deficit to dig out from.

SK is the class of 6A in this area, but Dixie does have the best chance to slow down the potent offense of the Neers in this District.

SK 28 -17
Simon Kenton 48 Dixie 21 :yawn:
Don't forget fellas...any given Friday night in 6A NKY. You saw what happened on Friday when the majority of the "experts" said Dixie by 2-3 TDs over the Camels.

Yes SK is favored, yes SK should win, yes SK has all the tools.

That is why I'm taking the Colonels. Dixie finds their heart and soul in this game regardless of the outcome. These kids are going to "nutup" and execute.

Turnovers and heart will be the difference. SK is coasting and it will end up costing them!

Dixie 35-31...Go Colonels!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Don't forget fellas...any given Friday night in 6A NKY. You saw what happened on Friday when the majority of the "experts" said Dixie by 2-3 TDs over the Camels.

Yes SK is favored, yes SK should win, yes SK has all the tools.

That is why I'm taking the Colonels. Dixie finds their heart and soul in this game regardless of the outcome. These kids are going to "nutup" and execute.

Turnovers and heart will be the difference. SK is coasting and it will end up costing them!

Dixie 35-31...Go Colonels!!!

Not on SK Senior night! SK will win big!
The only way Dixie can win is if they keep the ball out of Kuntz's hands. Dixe probably has a better d-backfield than most of the teams Kuntz has face but we all how good Morgan and Youngblood of Cooper were supposed to be and Kuntz torched them.
Dixie can hope SK plays it's worst game thus far and Dixie can get a steady run game to eat clock.
As good as Kuntz has been, he does not throw picks. Dixie will need turnovers and to stay ahead in the game to be effective. Once SK gets up by 3 or more scores, the run game of Dixie will be meaningless.

I'll be curious to see just how good this Dixie defense is, and whether SK game plans for it with misdirections and counters. I'll also be curious to see if Kuntz gets any pressure from dline or blitzers.
SK has a great passing game. Dixie has a very good D line amd LB. Dixie beat this team last year. I think DH matches up with SK well. Dixie will run the ball on SK. Dixie has to keep SKs offense off the feild. I think DH has the better defense. SK is due for a bad game. DH has to pass more. CC had 9 menin the box all night. CC Covered DH TE with a safey and tDH FB was keyed on by a LB in the passing game. DH coaching staff has to make adjustments. That leaves WR 1 on 1. DIxies lack of a good rec. is what needs to change. CC showed great repsect to DH leading receivers.
I just think it's weird that if you look at the rosters and stats Ryle and Campbell always have very similar players in size and skill. And Dixie and Sk always have had a similar style and size player at each position as well. This always makes things interesting.

Boone that's another story.. There is a lot of talent walking those halls that I am guessing there new coach will begin to tap into this offseason. That could be a team that could return to dominating NKY like they did in the Old days. Or they could continue on there pace of the last few years (as a Ryle grad I love) going further down the mountain!
all the nky 6a school go in cycles. Boone will be back soon. getting kids parent's to bye in is the key. Develope players! some school seem to do this every year. Beachwood Highlangs cov cath. Big kids that can play are the key!! If you cant block doesnt matter how good your skill players are. off season in big now. Do kids come bach bigger stronger? In nky to have a few kids on a team that gets D1 interest is big. For Dixie they have a few. Qb Fb Te a d lineman and rb. Do the kids have the size to play at the level? 5'11 tackles are not going to get interest. A 6'5 270lb tackle is another story. NKY has lots of talent I feel its over looked. Boone has a big o lineman. 6'8 300lb. Boone shoild had developed tjis kid. how many people are that big?? maybe 1%
Think Dixie plays tough 1st. half against SK. 2nd. half Pioneers use there depth to wear the Colonels down and take the the District. Feel like I'm on the island this week, all my "friends" wanting Dixie to get the W and force the Annual 6A D6 logjam.
hop24 Wrote:Think Dixie plays tough 1st. half against SK. 2nd. half Pioneers use there depth to wear the Colonels down and take the the District. Feel like I'm on the island this week, all my "friends" wanting Dixie to get the W and force the Annual 6A D6 logjam.

No reason now to stop a tradition Confusednicker:. See you Friday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think Dixie wins by 50....Confusednicker:
Emotion levels will be high on both sides and I don't think this out come will be predictable. Prayers to Coach Brossart and Family.
coach Borrast has taken a program on the down slide and moved it in the right direction. His leadership is the key. Prayers to his family. GO DIXIE!!!
Spirit100 Wrote:No reason now to stop a tradition Confusednicker:. See you Friday!

Agreed
Weighted coins are already on there way via FedEx :Thumbs::eyeroll:
I sadly say that Coach Brossart lost his wife yesterday to a long battle with cancer. Keep the Dixie head coach in your thoughts and prayers.
Stardust Wrote:I sadly say that Coach Brossart lost his wife yesterday to a long battle with cancer. Keep the Dixie head coach in your thoughts and prayers.

Just got word there will be a moment of silence for Coach Brossart's wife and both teams will have decals with with her intials on there helments.
hop24 Wrote:Just got word there will be a moment of silence for Coach Brossart's wife and both teams will have decals with with her intials on there helments.

SK is Dixies sister school. Class move by Kenton co. and SK! I love to beat sk any chance on the feild but we are still Kenton co. family!
hop24 Wrote:Just got word there will be a moment of silence for Coach Brossart's wife and both teams will have decals with with her intials on there helments.

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

Very, very classy and thank you for honoring a great lady this way! Hats off to Kenton County schools for getting it!!!

I've been told this will be a mutual "pink out event." My dilemma is I don't own any. Gut and Dusty won't share theirs. Any ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

Very, very classy and thank you for honoring a great lady this way! Hats off to Kenton County schools for getting it!!!

I've been told this will be a mutual "pink out event." My dilemma is I don't own any. Gut and Dusty won't share theirs. Any ideas?

I don't have anything pink as well. It's a shame Gut lives 2 hours away, heard he has pink socks and shoes....:eyeroll:
I like Dixie in this one 28 to 21